Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Unity Version - Community Update

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    what about us that cant log in. Have a avaitar that is not ours, and show we are just starting the game. When will that be fixed?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would like to log on at this point

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconGuy View Post
    There was alot of posts about bringing download client back until you work out all the bugs. Just wondering why this is never getting answered of why not.
    because people who were playing with linux and mac systems couldn't play so now we all can't play instead. They did say it was a one way process though, they can't go back even if they wanted to (according to them). I still don't know why they ever took this live though because it was like this on the test server and they had months to fix it there and did not.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    same I would love to play the game but I still can not log on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I've basically been coming to the forums like once a week to get updates. I haven't even tried to log into the game. I have little confidence that the Event would happen even in the beginning of September. If the game isn't running well by then, I'd suggest scrapping the anniversary event altogether and target getting things stable before Halloween, which is a more popular and looked-forward-to event anyway.

World
    Zeus
    I am not dead but 'The Settlers Online' is dead to me!

A baker's dozen days (13) since August 4, 2021 Maintenance brought the Hammer Man upon the game's window loading along with the No Connection to the Server notice...

No emergency patch or even a concrete response as to when this Ubisoft made Bug will be fixed so that effected people can actually get their Avatars and Islands to load up and be able to play the game such as it is.

What an epic lousy FAILURE...! Truly worthy of computing game history for the reputations of all involved.

Pteris

UPDATE: For Pteris the August 4, 2021 introduced 'Hammer Man' / 'No Connection to the Server' bug was resolved 28 days later with the September 1, 2021 maintenance.

World
    Zeus
    This new "version" is a piece of crap. Before recent update was implemented, I could log on even though island wouldn't load properly. NOW I CAN'T EVEN GET INTO THE GAME. So basically the people that have & are shut out of the game are totally screwed because it appears that Bluebyte is catering to the few that can get on by fixing game amenities & not the biggest & most important issue, NOT BEING ABLE TO LOG ON INTO THE GAME. And the BS being said that the ticket system is broken is a plain outright lie. Why not just say the truth & tell everyone that the devs don't want to read their mail because then they would have to read the actual truth about how they aren't getting the job done. And it's been totally obvious that the Facebook page isn't being read because everyone has & is posting the same issues there about the log on issues & other things not being fixed.

World
    Zeus

Question Is This True BB...?

Is This True BB...?

See: [ http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/play...by-the-client/ ]

"Playing on Unity by the Old Client -- Playing by the old client is not supported (old flash technology), so you play at your own risk. Officially, BB declared there would be no bans for playing in this way."

Is it true that Blue Byte and Ubisoft allow 'The Settlers Online' to be loaded and played this way without repercussion to Account Status such as player bans?

"The program is launched using the client available on the official TSO website.

What should be done to run the old version of the game and enjoy the correct operation again before “Unity”:" (Continues...)

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    Is This True BB...?

See: [ http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/play...by-the-client/ ]

"Playing on Unity by the Old Client -- Playing by the old client is not supported (old flash technology), so you play at your own risk. Officially, BB declared there would be no bans for playing in this way."

Is it true that Blue Byte and Ubisoft allow 'The Settlers Online' to be loaded and played this way without repercussion to Account Status such as player bans?

"The program is launched using the client available on the official TSO website.

What should be done to run the old version of the game and enjoy the correct operation again before “Unity”:" (Continues...)
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post365807

World
    Zeus
    Per Gwalben's post See: [ https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post365807 ]

Ok so the Answer is Yes it is a Violation of Terms Of Service and could result in Player Bans from the game and/or guilds

So much for that desperate idea... ;(

Thank You Gwalben for the link

Reply to Thread