Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 18.08.2021

World
    Zeus
    https://streamable.com/hjqfqw

nothing interesting, just 2-3 fixes and much more damage ... amazing what to say ...

https://prnt.sc/1qa6g6k

and this in case I have something like this installed to fix your bug bugs ... you are embarrassing what to say ...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    all my mail is gone - I have a bunch of returned trades in there with millions of resources and about 5 finished adventures which I didn't collect loot on - is this supposed to be an improvement?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by bomwite View Post
    https://streamable.com/hjqfqw

nothing interesting, just 2-3 fixes and much more damage ... amazing what to say ...

https://prnt.sc/1qa6g6k

and this in case I have something like this installed to fix your bug bugs ... you are embarrassing what to say ...
    you never could delete out mail with the stand alone either - not sure about a year ago.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    test two... mail again took several mins to load the list of mail.. however couldnt actually GET any mail. clicking any in the list results in hour glass.. for 10 min so far.... and my fav while doing anything in mail i cannot type in chat (i get a cursor but as i go to type poof gone.. rinse and repeat).
    mail is worse than before..

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    this is what is happening on chrome - you can see the existence of two finished adventures that are overwritten by the August 5 and August 13th mails - I can only access those if I reload and only for a few minutes and then it goes back again to this same situation.

https://prnt.sc/1qaa5tl

after reloading

https://prnt.sc/1qaadki

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Finally am able to delete mails. Had not been able to delete any even one by one since the migration. Batch delete still is not working for me, but I could at least select 8 mails at a time (any more than eight would cause the selections to clear and I had to start over) and delete them albeit with a loooong hourglass session each time. A small improvement.

Scouts and geos are still very jerky but was able to send them out somewhat quicker.

Constant zone refresh and freeze every few seconds has cleared.

Still cannot send trades to guild mates and friends without putting UI down to 100% and even then the "trades" bar on the menu is barely visible. I can use it because I know what it is / should be.

Some progress has been made. Am certain these were the smaller and more easily done fixes in the list of scrillions still to come. Am terribly missing my guildmates who cannot log in -- Pteris, Perwyn, Otuwek, Hortons Who, and others.

EDIT: forget what I said about the zone refresh issue -- while I was here, it was apparently refreshing its little heart out and chat was gone when I arrived back at my island to the zone refresh indicator . . .
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 08-18-21 at 05:46 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Zeus
    Another day, another Maintenance, another Hammer Man, another No Connection to the Server, another epic Failure... Day 15 of not being able to load an Avatar or Island. Sigh! ;(

UPDATE: For Pteris the August 4, 2021 introduced 'Hammer Man' / 'No Connection to the Server' bug was resolved 28 days later with the September 1, 2021 maintenance.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Even after the maintenance, I still can't log in. Been about 2 weeks since I could play at all. Would seem to make the most sense to work on login/connections issues before working on other things.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Island still take 5+ minutes to appear, as for bookbinder still have to collect book, close window then reopen it to made a new one. Mail window opens faster but other than that not much difference. Game now freezes on every window that pops up, (mail, star, storage, random building) Another cosmetic update. Was this the conversation in the developers room?

Developer 1 - Lets fix the performance issues.

Developer 2 - lets put everyone bat on the old client, scrap unity and start over from scratch.

Developer 3 - no lets ignore that and tweak a few things and make it look like we are listening.

Room - Yes Developer 3 has it, that's what we'll do since it requires the least amount of effort.

----

FYI Developer 2 has the right idea if you want to stop bleeding players.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    From the Change Log:
    "Mail: The mass collection feature is working again"
    Fail. This is NOT working. I can click the box to select all treasure mails but the check marks just disappear immediately.

"Mail: Improved the loading time of the mailbox"
    Also a fail. Load times are no faster. The game is still incredibly laggy.

"Star Menu: Fixed several graphic glitches in the star menu
    Star Menu: Explorers are not greyed out despite being usable anymore"
    This seems to be working as advertised. However, "graphic glitches" are the least of the problems with the game at this point. Why focus on something so insignificant when the game is virtually unplayable? Maybe try to help all the players who still are unable to log in, deal with the lagginess, and fix adventures so that clicking on one general doesn't result in a totally different general heading off to attack?

"Zone Error: Accepting items in the bookbinder will no longer create zone errors"
    I can't say if this has changed as I never got zone errors related to the bookbinder. But I still usually have to close the bookbinder after collecting a book, wait a bit, then go back to start the next book. Everything takes forever with the game like this.

Summary: This update fixed some graphic glitches. Meantime, the game remains unplayable and frustrating. Players who love the game are running out of patience and leaving the game, and who can blame them? The game is NOT FUN like this. And frankly, when BB brings updates like this that do nothing except fix some minor graphic glitches, it gets harder and harder to believe that the game will ever be running properly again.

Reply to Thread