Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 18.08.2021

World
    Zeus
    I see practically NO improvements within the game.

Yes, the mass collect in the mail is fixed, however, the mass select by type doesn't work, all it does is remove everything from view in the mail except for the type you selected, but you still have to click each box next to each mail individually in order to actually mass collect those mails. Then, of course, they broke the mail by making it 10X longer to collect things in mails individually, massive lag spike on every individual collection.

No changes on the login issues, no improvements on the game breaking issues that has been repeatedly reported on various different forum pages.

Major login issues since the first maintenance after the failed Unity release.
    Can't see time left on progress bars of any production
    Can't see how many resources are left in resource mines and such.
    Can't see who is online
    Can't see the icons for found resources until a mine is selected to be placed on those resource locations.
    Major lag and crash issues when closing out mail
    Major time delay when opening mail before the mail actually shows up
    Major lag issues when opening Star menu
    Major lag issues when trying to send out Explorers/Geos (takes 10x longer than it should take for each one)
    Can't see population details when mousing over the settler icon, must click on the icon to see that info
    Sometimes when clicking on explorers/geos or other things in Star, it randomly selects something else in star that you did not click on
    Constant general lag spikes just being on the island, moving from zone to zone
    Purchasing things in Merchant takes 5x longer, each purchase has delayed actions before you can make another purchase, even of the same item
    Multiple items are greyed out within star menu that should not be greyed out

The fact that BB stubbornly remains on this broken version of the game when a mildly flawed but fully functional version was being used only a few weeks ago is seriously appalling. With every "fix" comes new breaks to the game and the only things they seem to be making fixes on are minor issues and the breaks they create during those minor fixes are major breaks. It's 1 step forward, 2 steps back. It's as if this is a brand new game, just released for the first time, not a game that has been around for a decade. How can this game have so many significant issues? The release of the client version didn't have even a fraction of the issues this Unity version has. BB had 3+ years to develop this Unity version from the first notice of Flash being discontinued and the results appear as if it was a sudden change with no warning.

This Unity version should be completely stripped down to the bare bones of the design and completely reprogrammed. Meanwhile the client version should be back up and running for the players until Unity version is at least working as well as the Client version was working. This version should NEVER have been released in this condition, there is no excuse for it and no logical reason for why such a disgraceful version was forced on us.

World
    Zeus
    I had hoped that this latest change would have fixed the No Connection to the Server issue. Still cannot successfully get to my island (since unity deployment 15 days ago). Have been trying daily and will continue to do so.

My UB account does successfully work in tsotesting.com. There could be code that was not migrated successfully to LIVE.

Please resolve issue soon.

World
    Zeus
    Mail still not working. locks up when it needs to put returns into star menu.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Playing storm recovery adventure - am now down to restoration phase - star menu showing generals/explorers/geologists as a icons, but the description for the items don't match. School/tavern/etc. have no descriptions at all - can't tell what building is what . I saw this earlier with the descriptions - was able to filter it out with search - now this is not working.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlyn View Post
    Island still take 5+ minutes to appear, as for bookbinder still have to collect book, close window then reopen it to made a new one. Mail window opens faster but other than that not much difference. Game now freezes on every window that pops up, (mail, star, storage, random building) Another cosmetic update. Was this the conversation in the developers room?

Developer 1 - Lets fix the performance issues.

Developer 2 - lets put everyone bat on the old client, scrap unity and start over from scratch.

Developer 3 - no lets ignore that and tweak a few things and make it look like we are listening.

Room - Yes Developer 3 has it, that's what we'll do since it requires the least amount of effort.

----

FYI Developer 2 has the right idea if you want to stop bleeding players.
    they said they can't go back even if they wanted to, it was a one way process.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    So, what am I supposed to do about this? It's a server-side issue:

It's getting comical because it's not as if Adobe, Google and Microsoft blindsided the devs by abruptly abandoning Flash. They had fricking years to prepare!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RMAGPILE View Post
    I had hoped that this latest change would have fixed the No Connection to the Server issue. Still cannot successfully get to my island (since unity deployment 15 days ago). Have been trying daily and will continue to do so.

My UB account does successfully work in tsotesting.com. There could be code that was not migrated successfully to LIVE.

Please resolve issue soon.
    And we miss you!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I can't mass collect/delete unless I select all mail, including trade mail. Not doing it. I will continue to ignore my mail for now.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I agree, I see very little improvement with this update. The Mail function still takes about 30 seconds to populate .. and what worked before is now badly broken. Trying to collect single Scout/loot mails, one at a time, has become horrible: click on a line item, wait ~10 seconds for the lower section to show what the loot is, then taking another 18-20 seconds after clicking either Star or Storehouse to accept it. After every few pickups, the whole thing goes wacky and starts freezing up, have to continually select Wait from a drop-down that says game not responding .. waiting for the Zone Refreshed notice to come up, so hopefully I can get another loot mail accepted before it loops back into Lala-Land once again.

SAME process for deleting battle mails ... what worked before this update, is now trashed. It is taking the same 18-20 seconds to delete one battle mail ... also, when the line-item mail finally deletes from the top section, the lower section continues to display the stats with the Replay button. If I click Replay, I do indeed get the replay for that battle, even though the battle-mail has been deleted according to the top section. When I click the Close button after watching the replay, the whole Mail window shuts down.

And in all cases, closing the Mail window results in another 'forever freeze'.

With the continuing mail dysfunction and the generals stomping all over each other on adventures, trying to do much more than pick up collectibles has become an exercise in futility.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Sadly I still cannot see any MAIL on inbox, outbox works fine. If I leave mail open with the hope it will appear, it throws out an error.
    This is really hard , since I am a guild leader. I cannot help anyone in my guild (round trade or star etc.), cause I cannot see any mails they send.
    Or if someone applies via shield ,cannot see there application. I cannot join in lootspots at all
    Please fix it soon. If Halloween event(or any other) comes I will not be able to get anything from my explorers or any adv.
    It will disadvantage me, and make it hard to help lower levels.
    I also cannot send any guild mails to reassure my guild that I am still around or about any news from BB (or the like).
    Also I cannot do most GQ's, cause I need to do an round trade to finish it.

Reply to Thread