Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 18.08.2021

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie_the_cat View Post
    oh great, what event will I miss since I can't log in?
    Hopefully no event.
    I love the events in this game, but having an event when so many people still can't log in and even for those of us who can, the game is pretty much unplayable, would be a nightmare. Especially any event that requires trading, explorers, and/or adventures. Which is pretty much all of them. I hope the decision-makers will have the good sense to postpone or cancel any events until the major issues plaguing the game at this point have been fixed. Not much point in having an event if nobody's going to enjoy it.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie_the_cat View Post
    oh great, what event will I miss since I can't log in?
    the anniversary event is on the test server right now - usually they are released live 2-3 weeks after they appear there.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    Hopefully no event.
    I love the events in this game, but having an event when so many people still can't log in and even for those of us who can, the game is pretty much unplayable, would be a nightmare. Especially any event that requires trading, explorers, and/or adventures. Which is pretty much all of them. I hope the decision-makers will have the good sense to postpone or cancel any events until the major issues plaguing the game at this point have been fixed. Not much point in having an event if nobody's going to enjoy it.
    the anniversary event isn't all that terrible to have since the balloon production is mostly done passively via the festival hall. A small adjustment to the rewards or the length of time for cake buffs would probably be justified for the terrible game play but really - check it out on the test server, it doesn't seem like it will be incredibly bad to have now.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    the anniversary event is on the test server right now - usually they are released live 2-3 weeks after they appear there.
    Ah yes, the anniversary event - the one where we have to produce and donate balloons to reach the community goal.
    That should be fun when a large portion of the community can't even log in, and the remaining members of the community can barely play because the game is so laggy and buggy.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Dont understand how we are all playing on the same platform and yet we have such diverse experiences. I am able to log in just fine and do not have any major issues. I have made some adjustments on how I play but overall, the game is in way better condition then it was 2 weeks ago.
    Two big game tips - when sending out explorers - do it over the ocean.
    Be patient when sending out explorers - wait for the confirmation and then click on the next one.
    Players have been making statements without any real data to back it up. One example I see is that - large portion of the community can't even log in - what percent is that 10%, 40%, 90% - how would you even know?
    I know people are frustrated with how the new platform was rolled out, and I am as well, but give the devs some time. I know the game has come a long way in the last two weeks.
    Also, just one more thing, I would love to know this stat. How many of the most vocal players, have not spent a dime on gems, and are STILL playing for free?

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Well the only real problem I have is seeing MC Hammer every time I load up (Can't Play This! duh nuh nuh, nuh nuh, nuh nuh). Fortunately it appears that that screen is not actually a lost connection as it says, since if I wait about 10 seconds or so, it will do the 'zone refreshed' and then load up the flooded version of my island. So it didn't actually lose connection, it was just still loading and brought up the island screen too early before anything was actually loaded which then caused an error. After it loads the flooded island, I then refresh my browser and it will load the real island just fine (and rather quickly) as it seems the resources needed are now in the browsers temporary memory. I had also noticed that if I refresh as soon as I see hammer guy, I will just get him again and again. I have to let it finish. These are just my observations mind you.

Other than that, mail works fine for me except that the changes made to what selecting a mail type does added an extra step to mass delete which is annoying. (Previous: select 'mail type" from drop box would select all of that type and then you hit the button to collect all. New: select 'mail type' from drop down only removes unselected types from view, requiring you to then select all with the checkbox next to drop menu, and then collect) Meanwhile clicking the drop menu arrow will open it, but not close it again. This is somewhat annoying since it is habit to close it that way but instead it just reopens it.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by gman1821 View Post
    Dont understand how we are all playing on the same platform and yet we have such diverse experiences. I am able to log in just fine and do not have any major issues. I have made some adjustments on how I play but overall, the game is in way better condition then it was 2 weeks ago.
    Two big game tips - when sending out explorers - do it over the ocean.
    Be patient when sending out explorers - wait for the confirmation and then click on the next one.
    Players have been making statements without any real data to back it up. One example I see is that - large portion of the community can't even log in - what percent is that 10%, 40%, 90% - how would you even know?
    I know people are frustrated with how the new platform was rolled out, and I am as well, but give the devs some time. I know the game has come a long way in the last two weeks.
    Also, just one more thing, I would love to know this stat. How many of the most vocal players, have not spent a dime on gems, and are STILL playing for free?
    I have been spending about $50 a year on this game, however, they aren't getting any more $$$ until they fix this. My frustration stems from the fact there were huge problems on the test server and they didn't appear to be fixing anything - they introduce the game live like this.

One of the people who couldn't log in stated they could start again on a new server, so they figured their island was corrupt but with what Trialgame has indicated below, maybe it is the people with packed islands that are having problems with loading. I have found Chrome loads the game a lot slower for me than Firefox. I can log in fine still but my island isn't heavily built.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Still the hammerman and can't log in. What a disappointment. I'm done

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Otuwek View Post
    Still the hammerman and can't log in. What a disappointment. I'm done
    well they are fixing some people because I just saw some of them posting in the game or maybe they just read trialgame's post and that was the problem

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Well the only real problem I have is seeing MC Hammer every time I load up (Can't Play This! duh nuh nuh, nuh nuh, nuh nuh). Fortunately it appears that that screen is not actually a lost connection as it says, since if I wait about 10 seconds or so, it will do the 'zone refreshed' and then load up the flooded version of my island. So it didn't actually lose connection, it was just still loading and brought up the island screen too early before anything was actually loaded which then caused an error. After it loads the flooded island, I then refresh my browser and it will load the real island just fine (and rather quickly) as it seems the resources needed are now in the browsers temporary memory. I had also noticed that if I refresh as soon as I see hammer guy, I will just get him again and again. I have to let it finish. These are just my observations mind you.

Other than that, mail works fine for me except that the changes made to what selecting a mail type does added an extra step to mass delete which is annoying. (Previous: select 'mail type" from drop box would select all of that type and then you hit the button to collect all. New: select 'mail type' from drop down only removes unselected types from view, requiring you to then select all with the checkbox next to drop menu, and then collect) Meanwhile clicking the drop menu arrow will open it, but not close it again. This is somewhat annoying since it is habit to close it that way but instead it just reopens it.
    ^^^Other than that and a dozen other random bugs everything works fine...

Reply to Thread