Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrolling out to see more of the island/adventures - screen size resolution

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Scrolling out to see more of the island/adventures - screen size resolution

The ability to mouse-scroll out to make more of the home island visible (or an adventure) is not enough. I used to be able to see my entire home island (and the edges of the archies) in a single screen. This is one of the reasons I have a large monitor. With the new Unity version, I am able to see 1.5 sections of my island regardless of how much desktop real estate the browser is using.

This causes some significant issues during adventures. Keeping timing on blocks when you have to drag the screen down to complete an attack click is very difficult if possible at all.

Please fix the scroll out/zoom out limit, it is too restrictive.

I appreciate the hard work, don't let the angry mobs discourage you.

-SirDoodness

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDoodness View Post
    The ability to mouse-scroll out to make more of the home island visible (or an adventure) is not enough. I used to be able to see my entire home island (and the edges of the archies) in a single screen. This is one of the reasons I have a large monitor. With the new Unity version, I am able to see 1.5 sections of my island regardless of how much desktop real estate the browser is using.

This causes some significant issues during adventures. Keeping timing on blocks when you have to drag the screen down to complete an attack click is very difficult if possible at all.

Please fix the scroll out/zoom out limit, it is too restrictive.

I appreciate the hard work, don't let the angry mobs discourage you.

-SirDoodness
    you will be angry too when they do nothing about this - I think that is related to the same lag/loading problems we are having, i.e. they can't make it zoom right out because the game wouldn't move at all. I think they are needing better more knowledgeable people working on the programming because this is a simple game it just isn't optimized at all effectively.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have seen a lot of complaints about the lag, but that appears(to me) to have much more to do with the loading of the elements onto the screen. Once my island is fully loaded, I have very little lag. Screen size & zooming/scrolling is a limit set by the app, not really related to lag.

On a side, no I wont be angry. These people provide a game that I am required to pay little or nothing for ( I do support their other projects financially ). It does me nor them any good to be all up in arms about bugs. Disappoint? yes, angry? no, wanting to provide productive feedback? definitely.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I have seen a lot of complaints about the lag, but that appears(to me) to have much more to do with the loading of the elements onto the screen. Once my island is fully loaded, I have very little lag. Screen size & zooming/scrolling is a limit set by the app, not really related to lag.

On a side, no I wont be angry. These people provide a game that I am required to pay little or nothing for ( I do support their other projects financially ). It does me nor them any good to be all up in arms about bugs. Disappoint? yes, angry? no, wanting to provide productive feedback? definitely.
    other people have regularly supported them by buying gems though - so you may be getting this game for free but others are not.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree we need to be able to zoom out further, this current limit is just horrid.

I suspect I have figured out a big part of the lag issue.
    I played the Demo for Timberborn ( sadly it ends as quick as it does ) and went through the configuration data, it is a unity based game.
    With Timberborn they actively UNLOAD FROM RAM anything not actively used to speed the system up. I think the Settlers Team hasn't figured out they can remove 90% of what is loading during login and the game will play perfectly fine.
    ( Timberborn Demo is free on both Gog and Steam )

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    The ability to mouse-scroll out to make more of the home island visible (or an adventure) is not enough. I used to be able to see my entire home island (and the edges of the archies) in a single screen. This is one of the reasons I have a large monitor. With the new Unity version, I am able to see 1.5 sections of my island regardless of how much desktop real estate the browser is using. . .<snip>. .
    Agreed. An additional repercussion of this is that I cannot trade with guild mates or friends, nor gift, nor compare achievments, because having to run the UI at 200% just to be able to see things causes the pop up menu when clicking on a guild mate or friend to drop a great portion of the menu below the bottom of the game, rendering it invisible. Even at 100% the issue still remains. I have to wait to pounce on people in guild chat and trade by clicking their name in there, provided of course, that my guild chat is working which is also a crap shoot.

Not being able to zoom in closer makes finding collectibles extremely difficult, and disallows for enjoyment of the great detail work on the normally beautiful buildings and environment graphics.

The same issue was on the test server. First, I want people to be able to actually log into the game and be able to stay in the game without constant zone refreshes and reloads, but getting the UI fixed runs a close second for me.
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 08-24-21 at 12:06 pm.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Reply to Thread