Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't get into the game

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Can't get into the game

I have been trying to get into the game for two days now and there's been no reply from tech support. I've cleared the cache, deleted the cookies and tried it on two other browsers. All with the same results, the first screen status bar goes across, left to right. Then the next screen with the guy leaning on the left, the loading bar only goes as far as his belt buckle.

My friend is also having the same problem as well, as well as no response from emails asking for help.

This is the worse this game has been since I started playing it years ago.

World
    Zeus
    Now I know how the poor Mac and Linux players felt for almost 3/4 of a year...

Except I am running a full 64 bit Windows 10 system on an Alienware Aurora R8!

Day 16 for no Avatar or Island for Pteris... Hammer Man and No Connection to the Server continues...

UPDATE: For Pteris the August 4, 2021 introduced 'Hammer Man' / 'No Connection to the Server' bug was resolved 28 days later with the September 1, 2021 maintenance.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'm glad I'm not the only one out here. I too am running a 64bit Windows 10 rig that smokes every game I throw at it, but this settlers game has really gotten worse then improved with Unity.

Looks like they are gonna lose lots of players and no new ones, if this doesn't get fixed right.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Same as you Pteris only in Australia. I did see someone mention a workaround though I havnt seen one... have you?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKath View Post
    Same as you Pteris only in Australia. I did see someone mention a workaround though I havnt seen one... have you?
    The European English forum has a thread about a workaround that is supposed to let people continue to use the client. I haven't tried it so can't vouch for it, but it looks like it's working, at least for some people. Here's the link: https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...the-old-client

Wiki also has a page about playing on the old client. I don't know if the instructions are the same as in that thread or not. Here's the link to the Wiki page: http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/play...by-the-client/

If you decide to try it, I hope it works for you. Good luck.

Reply to Thread