Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 31.08.2021

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Fortunately, I have not experienced a lot of negative aspects to the game. There have been a few. As for the event my concern will be the goals involved. About 50% of the guild has not logged in with any consistence, while many others attempt daily but cannot get in. I am certain most guilds fall into this category. The event goals will definitely need to be adjusted down. Also the onus should be on completing adventures not just co-ops since it is going to be tough to find people much less have them stay on without getting frozen or booted. And that will prolong the co-op and heighten the frustration.

My recommendation would be to include any adventure that has a Loot Spot (LS) with this event. This way you can still get the loot adjustment and not be overly concerned if you cannot find another player

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by LordGumble View Post
    Fortunately, I have not experienced a lot of negative aspects to the game. There have been a few. As for the event my concern will be the goals involved. About 50% of the guild has not logged in with any consistence, while many others attempt daily but cannot get in. I am certain most guilds fall into this category. The event goals will definitely need to be adjusted down. Also the onus should be on completing adventures not just co-ops since it is going to be tough to find people much less have them stay on without getting frozen or booted. And that will prolong the co-op and heighten the frustration.

My recommendation would be to include any adventure that has a Loot Spot (LS) with this event. This way you can still get the loot adjustment and not be overly concerned if you cannot find another player
    there are no coop requirements for this event - it appears the same as last years anniversary event and that is on wiki. Coops actually were never a great thing to do for this event since the candle/dough rewards so low.

And this is the event with the 10 rounds and you get to pick which adventure/scenerio/venture you do.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I have been doing it on the test server and if you have a lot of explorers they almost bring enough back by themselves. In my guild the lower levels aren't having a huge problem with playing the game. They don't have a lot of buildings so less lag and they don't have a lot of generals and generally attack slower so that switching of generals isn't a huge problem for them either.

This event has the 10 rounds and most of that can be done with simple adventures, i.e. outlaws for the first 7 rounds and you just need ygg with 1r and a buff for that one. The scenerio part can be done with the daily quest you get and that is just those simple scenerios that you click on 5 items. The ventures I haven't checked but you might be able to get credit for those with adventures but I have done a few YWC in the last week and even that isn't too bad too do, just takes longer than normal.
    I don't want to send a lot of explorers. I don't want to send any explorers until the lag is not obnoxious. Normally I send all of my explorers once in a while. The only ones I've touched since the last event are the scared explorers. That said, you can get away with a lot fewer explorer searches during anniversary than other events, though it's still an exercise in frustration to do anything. I was just trying to use my Christmas market and got annoyed even doing that.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Starting at around 8 pm pacific daylight time on august 25 server Aries developed a serious issue.
    The game is in final stages of loading and "connection to server lost" error gets thrown. ( 6 hours from that before I could get logged in again. ) since finally getting back in the game randomly throws the same error and you have to relog.

If this type of connection issue is still happening when the event starts, my participation will be zero. I can stay in long enough to send out explorers, nor do an adventure so I can't take part in an event.

This is NOT a unity issue, this is a flat out network connection issue.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I must be lucky. I have only a slight delay sending explorers and geos. Zone refreshes seem to be mostly when returning from an adventure so i usually refresh the game when returning.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    The only reason I can see for running the Anniversary Event when things are still so less than ideal, is to continue using the live game as the live test platform, because essentially that is what the case has been since porting to Unity. We have 7, count them, 7 players in our entire guild who can access the game enough to play, and out of the 7 most are plagued by the many still existing bugs to such a degree that most sign in to see if things are still broken, do the guild quest, and then sign out.

EDIT: It took one member 1 hour and 53 minutes this morning to be able to access the game. Then upon her arrival, the completed guild quest would not register after multiple tries, and she finally threw in the towel and left.

Am not predicting a lot of event joy under the circumstances.

Still awaiting the return of our mates. . .
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 08-26-21 at 08:13 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Zeus
    Hello, Can anyone hear me...?

Hammer Man and No Connection to the Server continues...

Other players and Pteris have had no official PM response or seen any official Forum response or received any email from Ubisoft Support with a timeframe on just when we will be able to paly again for those of us that have been locked out since the August 4, 2021 Maintenance!

It will be a foul Anniversary Event if you stick to your date without fixing the game for all concerned. That event in particular requires a lot of players cooperating together to achieve goals which obviously will be impaired with so many not able to access the game.

Why are you wasting coding time on an Event when numerous Accounts cannot connect to the game and load Avatars and Islands let alone the unplayable state of affairs for most of 'The Settlers Online' users...?

When will the Hammer Man and No Connection to the Server bug be fixed and will this happen before the next event...?

Pteris, proud member of 'The Creators' guild and hoping to be able to create something in 'The Settlers Online' again someday...

UPDATE: For Pteris the August 4, 2021 introduced 'Hammer Man' / 'No Connection to the Server' bug was resolved 28 days later with the September 1, 2021 maintenance.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Same here. Unable to log in since August 4th maintenance, although I try daily

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    It really isn't a good time for an event. There have been some small improvements in the game but the performance is still well below what one would expect. What you aren't taking into account is that many players are not logging in regularly, or are doing minimal gameplay. I really don't like being in the position to say "I told you" but I and any others did a year or more ago before the plug was finally pulled on flash. You had the best part of 3 years to get a new version up and running. I make no judgement on whether Unity was a good choice of platform, save to note that most games I played at that time went with HTML5 - but they didn't find it a seamless change either.

Really, announcing an event with the game barely functional, and happy hour to boot, it does rather take the biscuit. I fear in the end I will give up on the game as I honestly don't see enough effort being put in to address the issues - and many of those issues, let's not forget, were evident on the test server before the unity version went live.

World
    Zeus
    Can the game be played on a tablet> There is Unity in google play store but what Unity does the game use?

Reply to Thread