Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 31.08.2021

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyDeer View Post
    Not sure why so many people have issue with unity version. It went ok for me, just every time it refreshes, I'll wait for half min. Sometimes it will have out of memory, kick me out due to script error, or a hammer man. Not to mention the general display issues. Other than these and those bugs, I quite enjoy the current state.
    it depends a lot on your system I think. if you have a better system you have less problems. there are definitely annoying features that happen like the game forgetting what you just did a minute before a zone refresh and the generals switching during adventures but if they fix that mail it wouldn't be impossible to do this event in my opinion.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    Agree 100%. The game needs to be working properly before any event starts.

And the changelog doesn't even address the extreme lag, the log-in problems, the adventure problems, or any of the myriad other issues making the game pretty much unplayable at this point. Have they given up even trying to address those things? Not that it won't be nice to have epic workyards working properly I guess, but really, there are far more widespread problems at this point and it would be nice to see some effort being made to correct those.
    what are you getting extreme lag on? the explorers and geos are mostly okay and I haven't had 'extreme lag' on anything else - firefox works better than chrome - I do get more lag using chrome

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    You are having an event when the game freezes last 20-30 seconds with 2 seconds of play between freezes?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    BattleTech with over a dozen 'Mechs in combat plays faster and smoother than TSO, although pretty much every game I play plays better and faster than TSO these days. :/

Rolling out events before fixing the core game that is so obviously not working to standard? That's choosing poorly. :/

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    this isn't actually that bad an event to do now because a lot of it is the passive festival hall production - just double the time for the cake buffs and that will make up for the extra slowness in doing things.
    Fair point, except you need participation and a way to get candles. Granted, they could just "adjust" the goal when we miss it by a mile, and candles are far easier to come by than any other event resources, relative to how many you need. It's certainly the simplest event they could run during a time like this. I'm sure a lot of people would be upset by missing the event, but a lot of people have already been upset by missing Christmas, Valentine's, Easter, and/or summer.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I only get hammerman. After many tries. No event for me

World
    Ares
    Not even going to try an event until the game is fixed. Hope BB sets the community participation goals very low, cause the community is very tiny now. Good luck any who try.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyDeer View Post
    Not sure why so many people have issue with unity version. It went ok for me, just every time it refreshes, I'll wait for half min. Sometimes it will have out of memory, kick me out due to script error, or a hammer man. Not to mention the general display issues. Other than these and those bugs, I quite enjoy the current state.

LOL these issues you just stated make the game unplayable.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    Fair point, except you need participation and a way to get candles. Granted, they could just "adjust" the goal when we miss it by a mile, and candles are far easier to come by than any other event resources, relative to how many you need. It's certainly the simplest event they could run during a time like this. I'm sure a lot of people would be upset by missing the event, but a lot of people have already been upset by missing Christmas, Valentine's, Easter, and/or summer.
    I have been doing it on the test server and if you have a lot of explorers they almost bring enough back by themselves. In my guild the lower levels aren't having a huge problem with playing the game. They don't have a lot of buildings so less lag and they don't have a lot of generals and generally attack slower so that switching of generals isn't a huge problem for them either.

This event has the 10 rounds and most of that can be done with simple adventures, i.e. outlaws for the first 7 rounds and you just need ygg with 1r and a buff for that one. The scenerio part can be done with the daily quest you get and that is just those simple scenerios that you click on 5 items. The ventures I haven't checked but you might be able to get credit for those with adventures but I have done a few YWC in the last week and even that isn't too bad too do, just takes longer than normal.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SN02 View Post
    You are having an event when the game freezes last 20-30 seconds with 2 seconds of play between freezes?
    that isn't happening for everyone. I get game freezes but that happens right before the zone refresh and it isn't a serious problem in terms being able to play the game - I am not wild about losing all my actions at that point in time but even then most times that isn't a huge problem.

Reply to Thread