Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 31.08.2021

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post

Why are you wasting coding time on an Event when numerous Accounts cannot connect to the game and load Avatars and Islands let alone the unplayable state of affairs for most of 'The Settlers Online' users...?

In fairness to the devs, i doubt they spent any coding time on the event. From what I'm understanding it's exactly the same as last year so there's probably very little they needed to do to get it ready.

It doesn't change the fact they should not be trying to run this event right now IMO, but it is what it is.

World
    Zeus
    Call me kooky, but I believe being able to log in to the game is a requirement for participating in an event. Just saying..........

Have not been able to log in since the switch to Unity. Tried again this morning, same tired javascript error message.....
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Well looks like BB forgot about the ones who can't sign in since the Aug 4th maintenance! I have done everything recommended to get back in the game when I get the "connection to server lost" and I still can't get in. Is BB trying to get paying players to leave? I feel like we are just numbers to them! I'm going to assume that I will not get reimbursed for 360 day premium that is wasting away!

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    I've been playing for 11 years and I retired in March. I was looking forward to unity thought it would be faster. Boy what huge disappointment. The Aug 4th update made the game even worse. Today I can't get past the hammer man. Go ahead with your stupid event. I don't give a **** anymore.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmyr View Post
    If you want to have an event that is successful and that everyone enjoys, bring back the client and quit trying to push unity until you fix it and make the game playable as we had been accustomed to.
    This is an awesome idea, and one I think would help most of the people who have lost connection since the Unity version was launched. The only downside is the Mac players who have come back will once again get booted from the game. So, there's a plus and a minus even with this idea.

As for me, I've read all the comments here so far, and I have to agree with most: Now is NOT a good time to launch an event. I usually spend around two hours each day just trying to log in to a somewhat functional game. Once I get into the game, I can do as much as possible before getting booted (anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hrs), as long as I don't try to change islands. Sending out Geologists and Explorers is still painful procedure, and I still have to go out over the ocean to do it, due to the bleed-through of buildings on the island. Once I get booted out, I'm pretty much done for the day, as even clearing excessive Runtime Brokers from my task manager and also clearing cache/cookies doesn't help, and I usually won't be able to log back into the game. I know it's not my computer or internet connection, because I play another MMORPG that runs pretty much flawlessly all the time with hundreds of times more people on at all hours than TSO has during its busiest times. The issues are definitely with the game itself.

Please, please heed the many posts here that are asking/begging you to not run this event. I've been one of your staunchest supporters through all of this, but even my patience and tolerance is starting to wear thin. I'm definitely becoming discouraged with the game, and am understanding why so many are getting fed up and quitting.

Please don't do this. Please do not run this event until things are fixed and running properly with the game.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    BOYCOTT THE GAME !!!!

It is all too obvious that BB does not care about its players and thinks they can do whatever they want and suffer no repercussions.
    Would any of you continue to frequent a restaurant or business that screwed up like this or treated you as badly as BB does ?...zero communication, zero improvement or fixes and zero indication of any kind of compensation ...I highly doubt it.
    Well this is a business and we are the customers.
    Ubisoft had 1.59 Billion Euros in revenue last year with a net income of 105 million Euros, not exactly chump change. The only thing a Corporation of this size notices is loss of revenue, now granted SOL is not their only game and I have no idea what %age of its revenue is derived from SOL but I seriously think it is time for an organized Boycott of the game until things return to normal. Do your Island maintenance if you are able and other than that do nothing...do not buy gems, do not do adventures, do not communicate with BB and do not participate in the event....they have not even shed a tear over the 1000's of Mac and other O/S users/players so do you really think they care about what we are saying, the last rag tag group still holding out for hope and eating out of their hands....we are addicts and BB is our drug dealer. Kick the drugs and walk away for a while, if no one logs on, if no one plays or even communicates through the forum and support options maybe they will get the hint. How many employees do they have dedicated to monitoring chat, the forums, replying to tech and game issues etc.....even though they never speak or reply to you I bet there are many of them....well if we don't play, write, chat, email or report glitches I think there may be a whole pile of people sitting around that no longer have anything to do and maybe someone will take notice and actually work towards fixing this game.
    All of us are wasting countless hours spinning our wheels trying to play this game with the only outcome being more and more frustration...Yes I am guilty too of wasting my life trying to play a broken game in hopes it improves, but come on folks it has been months now... time to move on to more productive and healthier things that do not cause the stress, frustration, aggravation and despair that Settlers currently is earning its PHD in. ( I have become an Expert at Mahjong while waiting for my Island to eventually not load)

Put your Island to sleep and lets just walk away for a while, run dark as they say.
    Lets work together to try and force change by putting our Islands to sleep and sabotaging the Anniversary Event by not participating. Cease and desist all future communication with BB (like really now.. has reporting their mistakes or e mailing for help gotten you anywhere or even a reply...and why is it our job to find all the mistakes? Does no one there play it ahead of time before they roll it out?)
    It is honestly the only message I think they may be capable of hearing.

World
    Zeus
    I am sad. Game is not really even playable any longer. To go with almost all the issues mentioned in this thread already, I have at least one building (spacious warehouse) that has suddenly been downgraded to level 1.... it was at least 4 or 5... lol, okay, nm, I'll just check in once in a while to see what happens.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    You all have lost your minds. This event is a STUPID and i mean STUPID idea. not only will I not participate I prolly i will just not even login for a few months. LIKE MOST OF MY GUILD.

Assign a few developers to fix this or bye bye.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The fact that you even consider an event with the state of this game, and have done at least 2 gems sales, proves you literally do not care about your players. You are the Donald Trump of game companies.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Call me kooky, but I believe being able to log in to the game is a requirement for participating in an event. Just saying..........

Have not been able to log in since the switch to Unity. Tried again this morning, same tired javascript error message.....
    You have only missed frustration and irritation, as the game is unplayable whether you can log in or not. It's a total disaster and they're just ignoring it all.

Reply to Thread