Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 31.08.2021

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    We'll have a maintenance tomorrow (regular time - please check our login page for more details). This hotfix will remove the incorrect access to the Event Buff (any buffs created before the event will be removed).
    wow that was a fast fix

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    SO when are you fixing the gens??? not being able to select a gen at all once its attacking is ludicris.. and i have lost nearly 1000 mm on one adv alone thanks to this and the stupid "frozen attacking forever till you go home" bug. (my fav i sent to a leader, that leader would be dead -- thus its camp too... sent to the next sector camp... those two 'dead' camps intercepted... cause the leader was under forever fight...... till i went home and back .. and Now magically my 2nd gen was attacking the correct camp... but further in the adv -- i didnt leave and it chose to kill off 2 gens for the same circumstance (camps that were technically Dead but stuck in limbo thanks to forever battles).

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    SO when are you fixing the gens??? not being able to select a gen at all once its attacking is ludicris.. and i have lost nearly 1000 mm on one adv alone thanks to this and the stupid "frozen attacking forever till you go home" bug. (my fav i sent to a leader, that leader would be dead -- thus its camp too... sent to the next sector camp... those two 'dead' camps intercepted... cause the leader was under forever fight...... till i went home and back .. and Now magically my 2nd gen was attacking the correct camp... but further in the adv -- i didnt leave and it chose to kill off 2 gens for the same circumstance (camps that were technically Dead but stuck in limbo thanks to forever battles).
    I actually think they made the generals and targeting worse this update. The game is switching generals when they are all sitting there - I wonder if there is a bad sector in their programming that when you select address '22', you get address '64' instead.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post

Yes. One of the most important facets of the game, and one that many of us play the game for (much less events). BB has yet to even address the adventures problems, which are MANY. Most significantly selection/focus of the generals as well as the ability to recall (retreat) ONLY the most recently sent general (even then, if you clicked on another general to reload troops after sending one, you may not be able to retreat the most recently sent general... though this is not consistent, about 50/50 chance... lol)

Also not working in battles is the 'thermometer' when an enemy camp is defeated and in the building destruction phase of the attack (is/was a great indicator for making other attacks in previous times); and let's not forget that in most cases if a sector is being 'blocked' to take out the leader(s) camp(s), many times the attacks never end.... unless you switch zones sometime after the first camp is actually under attack, then return back to the adventure, usually allows camps to finish.

Oh, and the sending of Explorers and Geologists is NOT very good. having had the opportunity to revisit Client mode for a few weeks there, a player can easily send out about 15 explorers out in 10s while in Client; while in this Unity version, one would be lucky to get out 3 geos/explorers in the same 10s. Though this rate is better than the initial rate we had initially with Unity, it is totally not acceptable for continuing game play.

PS - After the last 'fixes', the only thing I see different is not in the browser/Unity game, but rather that the ability to play with the Client version has been removed -- nice to see one objective was made.

PSS - Oh, the player dismissing other players for not being 'paying' players from their opinions should reconsider their position since this is technically a play-for-free game; though many of us do purchase gems (won't be getting my money again till I see the game is once again playable as it was during Client period at least), all players should have the expectation of a game that is playable, not just players who have paid.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Yes. One of the most important facets of the game, and one that many of us play the game for (much less events). BB has yet to even address the adventures problems, which are MANY. Most significantly selection/focus of the generals as well as the ability to recall (retreat) ONLY the most recently sent general (even then, if you clicked on another general to reload troops after sending one, you may not be able to retreat the most recently sent general... though this is not consistent, about 50/50 chance... lol)

the select gen while its attacking is worse since 2nd update. i had 50/50 chance after 1st release.. then the update happened (1st one) and that completely disappeared.. no matter if all the other gens are just sitting there twiddling their thumbs... even if you try to select the gen by name in star - nope it picks some other random dude ..

oh and star does not show any troops on gens on either side of the pond... so have fun figuring out which of your dozen ygg are landed or not...
    troops swimming back.. hover over... nope no details on who is on there..
    (yes agreed the enemy health bar is also gone...i used to use that notice to know when to quick send home my gens on final attack.. all clear off they go.. a min or so speed boost to them)

the adv / gen system is a complete cluster.

ciara

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

PSS - Oh, the player dismissing other players for not being 'paying' players from their opinions should reconsider their position since this is technically a play-for-free game; though many of us do purchase gems (won't be getting my money again till I see the game is once again playable as it was during Client period at least), all players should have the expectation of a game that is playable, not just players who have paid.
    I am going to tell you a story about this company who makes this game. They also made Anno-online - a free game they pulled the plug on. If you didn't buy in game currency, you couldn't even make a ticket for service. Me and my friend started playing that game together - the game had a bug and we were both able to skip ahead of where we should have been but then that caused your game to lock up. I bought gems and my friend didn't. Neither of us could get into the game but I was able to make a ticket and my game was fixed within a week. I made a ticket for him too because he could not but he didn't get his game fixed for a year or more - he just stopped playing. They won't make these games without making money on them.

No one is dismissing anyone - the game should be playable but people who are spamming all over the same thing aren't going to get results faster. Someone on our server spammed every chat channel the other day - fix your f'ing game. That isn't helping anything. Nor are the people who are calling for boycotts because guess what they already don't get paid, so quitting playing if you weren't giving them money isn't going to get you results either because the income coming in for them is exactly the same ZERO. In fact, if you want the game to end, that is the exact type of thing you do because it becomes an easy decision for them. No one logging in, no point in wasting money fixing anything.

World
    Zeus
    Finally able to load the game after 28 days!

Island and Avatar loaded and Buffing seems to be improved but still suffers from the lag related 'Refresh - Do-Over Syndrome' for Buffs applied close to the 'Zone Refresh' time causing missed buffage...

Completing Quests; Scrolling the view around the Island; UI Graphic Scaling; and Mail Box functionality have improved significantly for Pteris' Island with the September 1, 2021 maintenance

The Mail Box still has bulk mail and acceptance checkmark button view/selection issues.

While the game is still far from its playable status prior to Unity, in general I would give a C+ for improvements on normal Island maintenance and Guild/daily Quests and an A+ for fixing the Hammer Man / No Connection to the Server bug...!

Sending Explorers and Geologists is still virtually unplayable given the very slow interaction process to send them out -- for those of us that have scores of these to process it is no longer worth the effort or level of frustration required -- sorry, but this still gets a failing grade of F and this will be a significant issue during the pending Anniversary Event if something isn't done to drastically improve efficiency. ;(

Did a 'Twins' Scenario and the Adventure 'Traitors' for Pathfinder Quests and other than the goofy 'General Focus Issue' bug mentioned elsewhere in the Forum the Generals seemed to attack normally (with no Blocks or Retreating tested) but this obviously needs significant improvement to get back the the pre-Unity level of expected performance necessary to efficiently complete Adventures. Just glad to be able to load the game again...

I hope that improvements continue and the game can get back to the state where we are attracting players to 'The Settlers Online' once again. Keep going!

Pteris, updated September 2, 2021

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have asked for this small fix previously but it has not been addressed. Can you please fix the lights that show who is online so that we might be able to do round trades with people in our Guilds, or do co-op adventures with or just chat in general with those online. It has extremely frustrating not knowing who is online. Please, please, please fix the lights. Please!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    Finally able to load the game!

Island and Avatar loaded and buffing seems to be improved but still suffers from the 'Refresh' Do-Over syndrome for buffs applied close to the 'Refresh' time causing missed buffage...

In general I would give a C+ for improvements on normal Island maintenance and Guild/daily Quests and an A+ for fixing the Hammer Man / No Connection to the Server bug...!

I haven't tested the Adventure waters other than Scenarios to see how the Generals fare yet. Just glad to be able to load the game again...

I hope that improvements continue and the game can get back to the state where we are attracting players to 'The Settlers Online' once again. Keep going!

Pteris
    I did two lower level adventures this evening (Outlaws and Of Songs and Curses) and everything went well, including the back-and-forth between islands for buffs. It wasn't till the end of the second one that I wound up losing connection while trying to go back to my home island. It's some better; still needs work, but a bit better.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowgunn1 View Post
    I have asked for this small fix previously but it has not been addressed. Can you please fix the lights that show who is online so that we might be able to do round trades with people in our Guilds, or do co-op adventures with or just chat in general with those online. It has extremely frustrating not knowing who is online. Please, please, please fix the lights. Please!
    The dev team is working on this issue.

Reply to Thread