Reply to Thread

Thread: Event Request

Settler
    World
    Ares

Event Request

I think most players would agree that this is a less than optimum time to be having an event, but it appears the Anniversary event is coming our way whether or not we want it.

The festival hall runs on its own, pretty much, assuming of course that it works. But the only buffs that work on the building are special buffs that use dough or candles from explorers, adventures, and trading with other players. All of which are laggy and buggy at best and at worst, impossible. How can you trade with other people when you have no idea who's online? Are any lower level players even bothering to log in these days? Getting enough dough for cakes has always been challenging - I dread what it will be like with the game as bad as it is.

So here's my request: for those of us hardy (foolhardy?) souls that will actually make an effort in this event, please let us use regular buffs on the festival hall. Please don't set us up for failure by requiring us to make cakes with items that are likely to be in very short supply.

World
    Zeus
    I have found a browser that seems to be working well like the game use to run even before the client. The browser is Vivaldi. Everything loads fast and easy to use. There is a slider bar in the bottom right corner I adjusted mine to 410% if I went higher the game crashed. But that option does help the lag in loading everything, mail looting geos sends and explores all without a lag. The only thing is if your into sound effects some are high speed and just makes a quick noise. Other then that give it a try see if it works for you to your way of play style.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    I think most players would agree that this is a less than optimum time to be having an event, but it appears the Anniversary event is coming our way whether or not we want it.

The festival hall runs on its own, pretty much, assuming of course that it works. But the only buffs that work on the building are special buffs that use dough or candles from explorers, adventures, and trading with other players. All of which are laggy and buggy at best and at worst, impossible. How can you trade with other people when you have no idea who's online? Are any lower level players even bothering to log in these days? Getting enough dough for cakes has always been challenging - I dread what it will be like with the game as bad as it is.

So here's my request: for those of us hardy (foolhardy?) souls that will actually make an effort in this event, please let us use regular buffs on the festival hall. Please don't set us up for failure by requiring us to make cakes with items that are likely to be in very short supply.
    We have a few low level players in our guild who have been logging in daily. The game appears to work a lot better for them since I believe a lot of this lag/loading issue is dependent on how busy your island is.

They should do some adjustment - let us use regular buffs or double the candle/dough rewards from adventures or double the buff time for cakes to make up for the slowness. I am not sure using regular buffs is the best though because this normally is a good event for low level players and using regular buffs makes the event unbalanced for them.

Actually the easiest way for them to make an adjustment to this event so it isn't so frustrating, is just to send out a half dozen or so large cakes. That should take the pressure off and make the event more relaxed, yet still maintain the event structure.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconGuy View Post
    I have found a browser that seems to be working well like the game use to run even before the client. The browser is Vivaldi. Everything loads fast and easy to use. There is a slider bar in the bottom right corner I adjusted mine to 410% if I went higher the game crashed. But that option does help the lag in loading everything, mail looting geos sends and explores all without a lag. The only thing is if your into sound effects some are high speed and just makes a quick noise. Other then that give it a try see if it works for you to your way of play style.
    It is probably worth trying. I downloaded it and to load the island takes longer than firefox. However, moving around the island seems better and so far my mailbox is working fine and it was not with firefox. The geos and explorers are about the same as firefox for me.

I just downloaded the basic Vivaldi and maybe it is faster because the other browsers are forcing you to download a bunch of junk as well. I will try it for a few days.

There is a slider bar in the bottom right corner I adjusted mine to 410% if I went higher the game crashed
    have no idea what you are talking about here - I don't have a slider bar there on mine

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I use vivaldi .. and the scale bar has never worked since the client or unity. i wish it would.

agree with schip... pls let us use regular buffs. i cannot trade, unless i see someone chatting.. in any other than minute scale you cant see the menu on avatar names. my trade office hasnt updated history since the football event -- so i cant see if i sold something. and only 1 page of trades, and search on it is busted.

explorer sends work - sort of. but mail? i can only collect in bulk - if i try a 1 by 1 approx it freezes for over a min on each collect (and on bulk it freezes too but thats 2 min for 8.. sigh).

this is assuming the quests dont require something like - production ... cause thats messed up in 1/2 my buildings... (and no i didnt bother to look at last years - i'm fully in the camp of "what the actual heck do you think you are doing starting an event in this... dog pile of ... "

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    TO history now has newest trades a the bottom. did you try scrolling down?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrtbobb View Post
    TO history now has newest trades a the bottom. did you try scrolling down?
    haha .. omg.. no.. i had never even thought of that.. lol.... thanks (and no one has pointed it out in global etc )

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Now that you mention it, my trade history actually is working now, sort of. Every trade says the current date and time, and I'm not sure what order it's actually in. However, the soccer trades are gone.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Can anyone recommend a browser that actually works on 32 bit machines? Or even on my android phone? Any browser I've tried on my 32 bit machine always comes up with java script errors. And I've tried chrome, firefox and a few other browsers. And on my phone I've tried chrome, firefox, opera, Puffin & a few others. Puffin is the only one that loads. And it literally just barely loads enough that I can maybe send one or two expos out & possibly click done on a daily or gq that is rtf. But island doesn't load past roads. And the browser is riddled with ads. Plays an ad 15 min into using the browser which then often reloads the game after and that takes forever. So I wouldn't be able to even set stuff to cook in the festhall, much less be able to buff the hall

Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    They run events regardless of whether the game is running smoothly or not cause of the $$ they make off of people buying stuff from the shop with gems that they are unsure of if the item will show up in regular shop or not. And they esp run the anni event cause the only way to get stuff from event shop is with gems. Literally $$ are more important to them then fixing the game issues. That has been made very clear by the amount of gems sales they've continued to run since the switch to Unity
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 08-31-21 at 01:44 am.

Reply to Thread