Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: posphone the event and bring back the downloadable client

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    Many in the guild I'm in ARE having severe issues. Including guild leaders. So it's not just a few people with issues. In the guild I'm in, I'm lucky if I see more then 1 or 2 other people on at a time besides me chatting in guild chat. And I'm in a guild where we have 99 players in the guild. At Xmas (move to downloaded client), I think we lost about 1/4 of our players. And since the move to Unity, I think only about 1/3 of the players are on more then a few times in a week

What I will say is that for every event BB CHOOSES to run all while the game is still having issues for many (even when players are begging to not have events running during these issues), means more likely that we will see more & more people leaving this game to find another game that is playable. Esp when players know that they will be missing out on new stuff from event shop if they can't get into the game & or play. Currently the game is playable for me, so I do log in and try to at least do daily maintenance (sending out expos/geos, collecting books, buffing, building mines etc). But have not really been doing much adventuring except when a GQ asks for it because of combat being so glitchy. I'm willing to bet that BB doesn't make much $$ off of the people who only log on long enough to do island maintenance. And that is something BB will have to be thinking about if they have any hope in keeping the game profitable enough to justify keeping going
    and people will leave the game without events too - some of the new players in my guild were looking forward to this event. If everyone was on the same page I would agree with cancelling it. I was one of them who asked them not to introduce unity for the previous event because I played on the PTR and knew it wasn't ready. This event though I think enough changes were made for them to run it given the type of the event it is. I do think they need to send us some free buff cakes even 6 or so large ones to make up for the extra slowness required to do everything. If they don't, they will get a lot of people extremely frustrated with this event. Take the pressure off and people don't need to be in a hurry for everything and can still get everything done they want.

I agree they don't make $$$ off of the people just doing maintenance and I think that is why they have the event - that event they have a lot of items available for gem purchases.

Also, all these claims about how guilds are being destroyed and losing players make me laugh. I have been in a few guilds over the years and the most active guilds even when things are great during an event rarely have more than 75% of their players active. During non events these active guilds only 50% of their players are active. Someone claimed 6 months ago that they lost half of their guild because of mac/linux players not being able to play - then the guild master advertises on global chat a few days later, that they had so many people complete the guild quest - far more than was capable of happening if half their guild couldn't play.

The guild I am in some days only 2 people do the guild quest, some days 10 and we weren't really an active guild coming into this business. I do find a lot of people are spending more time chatting in global than they do in guild chat though for some odd reason - maybe those lights.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post

At the moment, everyone can access the game.........
    I have not been able to access the game since the switch to Unity, and I can't seem to get an answer to my question about Unity supporting 32 bit systems or not. Would be nice to get an answer to this question for those of us still on 32 bit systems.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    We decided to postpone the event as we wrote in the Community Update in order to have extra time to add one more update which, for example, fixed a connection issue (some players couldn't log in and play).

Running an event in tough times (during technical issues with the game) is always a difficult decision and probably it's not possible to make everyone happy. In the past, many players were unable to play (and attend events) because the downloadable client did not support their operating system. At the moment, everyone can access the game, but the gameplay isn't in "the best" state, but it's the same for everyone.

We don't plan to change the event date.
    i,m not trying to be an nannoying idiot here but my guild is saying for example the generals dont work properly and the explorers/geologist dont workj as intended as well.. i kept waiting for updates each time and then heard from guidmembers these issues were still happening. also another thing to note.. unity is also common for causing unity related errors.. i got one for reloading once.. the game does run yes but half of the functions are gone or replaced O( for example the guild quests are not 24 hours anymore but this many players need to do the quest.. this wasnt there before the downloadable/unity thing.. i also like to note iw wont be enjoying th event this much since half of the thingds i normally do and get the most event based esources off dont work properly.. have lots of explorers skilled in speedily finding event items

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Bring back the client!!!!

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I have not been able to access the game since the switch to Unity, and I can't seem to get an answer to my question about Unity supporting 32 bit systems or not. Would be nice to get an answer to this question for those of us still on 32 bit systems.
    Please check if you meet the requirements here.

World
    Zeus
    Please check if you meet the requirements here.
    Thank you for the info. I meet or exceed the system requirements stated (see below):

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DELL-PC
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model Latitude E6400
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A20, 12/21/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.24545"
    User Name Dell-PC\Dell
    Time Zone Central Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.49 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.83 GB

I've continually gotten java errors since Unity implementation and cannot get into the game. Any help with this and/or correction of this problem will be greatly appreciated.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for the info. I meet or exceed the system requirements stated (see below):

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DELL-PC
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model Latitude E6400
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A20, 12/21/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.24545"
    User Name Dell-PC\Dell
    Time Zone Central Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.49 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.83 GB

I've continually gotten java errors since Unity implementation and cannot get into the game. Any help with this and/or correction of this problem will be greatly appreciated.
    Additional requirements for WebGL:
    Versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari that are:
    • WebGL 1.0 or 2.0 capable
    • HTML 5 standards compliant
    • 64-bit
    • WASM capable

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    System Type X86-based PC
    x86 = 32 bit OS.

A 64-bit version is required to play. You need to find out if you can install the 64-bit version of the operating system on your PC.

World
    Zeus
    x86 = 32 bit OS.

A 64-bit version is required to play. You need to find out if you can install the 64-bit version of the operating system on your PC.
    Welp, I've given in to the inevitable and bought a refurbished Dell laptop with windows 10 and 16GB ram yesterday. Gotta leave behind my comfortable existence with Win7, kicking and screaming all the way. Curse you Bill Gates.......

See you all in the TO, trading candles for dough. Thanks Trafffer for the info.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    It takes about an hour to load this game. Then it takes 45 min to send out 114 of my 117 explorers. Then after I wait another hour to collect from those 114 they don't show collected and when I went to send explorers back out they refuse to leave for 12 minutes IF they do go out which they don't all do. You really have an event when lots of people can't play???? My computer is only 3 yrs old with latest windows so if your game won't play on it...... Please tell me how to get back on client or just send all event prizes so I don't have to deal with the frustrations and inabilities to play! Send in mail in the next day or two I don't come back here to read your response as it is often buried and hard to refind.

Reply to Thread