Thorough Geologist
    Field Medic
    Scouting Post
    Sophisticated Geologist
    Grout Factory
    Oil Mill Tribute
    Some random buffs/resources and a few population buildings
    Old School Barracks

Can't complain about that loot. Getting most of that should be not too difficult. I'm not sure I'm going to bother with the celebration quests depending on the lag, but I'll try and see.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Kiss my ***************...

not playing till you FIX THE GAME.

Good grief so tone deaf its CRAZY

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I see they finally went through with my long-pitched idea for an explorer that may give tokens. It's a shame hardly anyone will be able to get it due to the vast majority not being able to play.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i have no countdown,no calendar.. just a couple quests.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    festival hall wont start more than 1 prod.. and the game is literally zone refreshing every 30 sec. my fave - i visited a friend .. came back.. i have calendar and event info ... but calendar wont open. and all i hear is the chime every 30 sec for zone refresh. every action is crazy laggy and worse than the 1st version of unity.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    i have no countdown,no calendar.. just a couple quests.
    relog

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    festival hall wont start more than 1 prod.. and the game is literally zone refreshing every 30 sec. my fave - i visited a friend .. came back.. i have calendar and event info ... but calendar wont open. and all i hear is the chime every 30 sec for zone refresh. every action is crazy laggy and worse than the 1st version of unity.
    close out whatever else you are doing on your pc - and obviously more people are playing than people claimed 'couldn't play' because that is event server lag now happening

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    "Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH (Blue Byte until 2017) is a German video game holding company owned by Ubisoft. It was founded in October 1988 by Thomas Hertzler and Lothar Schmitt as a developer and was best known for developing the Anno and The Settlers series. The studio was acquired by Ubisoft in 2001. Related Designs was merged into Blue Byte in 2013, and a third studio in Berlin was established in 2018. Since 2019, Ubisoft Blue Byte acts as the parent company of Ubisoft's three German studios, which became branded as Ubisoft Düsseldorf, Ubisoft Mainz and Ubisoft Berlin. By 2020, the "Blue Byte" name was phased out."

If you are interested in the original Thesettlers game.
    It is playable on Amiga500.
    https://wowroms.com/en/roms/amiga/th...ers/38122.html

The settlers II: Veni, Vedi, Vici The Gold Edition.
    Is playable in DOSbox

I used to own and play 2 on an old PC way back when. I own other settlers game on my steam account. They are not good.
    both of the above mentioned games are easily accessible in internet archives. You can have the games loaded and working within minutes.
    Same cannot be said for the current game state.

There is no reason to be surprised there is paid content available.
    Every game has a free model, and a paid model. If you want the extra stuff, buy it. Otherwise don't.

The unfortunate thing is This game has not taken care to balance any sort of bang for your buck. When a package of digital content can run a hundred bucks. And you offer that multiple times a year. What is the end means?
    That somebody will purchase all the packages, or be selective of which overpriced package they attain?

There is no necessitation to acquire the paid content.
    In the same regard there is no point to building anything in this game other than wanting to.
    So you are not missing out by not having it. It's existence is not problematic.
    The problem lies in player availability.
    the current game state has locked many players out.
    Which somehow people think is a different complaint than when flash was disabled and many players were locked out.

The current game is geared in a way where low level players are idiots.
    They just join any guild that offers an invite and these guild leaders are not leaders. They are just in it for the title of having people below them.
    Where a leader will manage a backend community to ensure all members are connected outside of the game. Because day's like this will come where you can't get in.
    And you don't want to not know why.
    These leaders do not release guides or helpful content.
    They don't give long lasting advice or encourage players to actually take the time to learn.
    New players race through levels getting as high up as they can without even knowing why.
    Now you have all these people over level 50.
    Not able to make elites, have garbage for population, have no arch, and no clue how to organize in a community event.

Worst of all.

The only reason I actually cared about this event and looked forward to it. Was so that I could attain a mass quantity of Misty Cake maps.
    This is the event their release is tied to and it is without hesitation my highest value map. Undoubtedly the best map in game.
    And now it is removed because it is too hard.
    Oh wait.
    "it became quite apparent that many of you were running into trouble when attempting to tackle this retro nostalgia trip. "
    You are kidding me right?
    Too hard.
    It is too hard to look at what you are attacking.
    It is too hard to understand the games battle system which has not changed in 11 years.
    Now That map is gone, thanks to complainers.
    People would not shut up about "give us unity" give us unity!".
    Here you go fools. Here is unity.
    Here is the client and game state you could not shut up about wanting.
    You got what you wanted now love it.
    Ruined the game because you just don't know any better than to shut up.
    Unity client wasn't ready. We knew that, we saw that, you STILL asked for it.
    Misty cake is too hard and it's gone.
    What a joke.

Wasn't the last event also hard? What was it.. soccer?
    Yeah. I bought everything.
    Spent over 120k soccer balls. Bought the swan boat. Bought multiple storehouses.
    Gave away 30k soccer balls.
    by the end few day's I was just trying to find players online to buy things for.
    I am pretty tired of you people acting like this game is too hard. Have you tried.. I dunno. Doing better?
    Misty cake is not hard. It's a huge payout map.
    recently added to event reward list for 2 active events and now gone.
    What a joke.
    I use public wiki guide and have no issues.

By the time I started to popularize the map and talk to people I had found many players find it "difficult".
    This is why I wrote my own guide for it.
    You can find all of the details for that here is my Easter guide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Go on down to Misty cake.
    Details the time cost, unit cost, payouts, the recent addition to PFB, and goes so far as to show multiple Tremble tech variants and details how to eliminate boss camps.
    I do have an alternate guide which details tremble more, and before the clients were all torn apart. My next guide intention was to bring the two together and highlight Misty cake on it's own as a release just before this event drops.
    Linking to that guide from my soccer event guide.
    Now.
    Why?

I taught you all in Easter how to run the map.
    I taught you it has the highest reward.
    I told you I would help you learn how to run it.
    But you complained the map away because it is too hard.
    You could have learned, you could have just not run it. But you stole it from me and why?

You know. I've been playing this game on my tablet. egg.inc.
    When I join a co-op contract, I join a team and we work towards a goal with our combined incomes.
    You just make profit and add it to the pile.
    Those of you who recognize my screenname in the game will not be surprised to hear.
    When I join a co-op, I jump up to being the top producer.
    I can see the best profits, I am trained to find the highest efficiency route.
    I am going to make the best profit per time spent because I know how to analyze every detail from every angle.
    It's not coincidence that I jump to the top in economic games.
    I just see what most don't. I don't think this makes me exceptional so much as I think it reveals how dull the average are.
    That saddens me.
    Do better.
    Listen to good advice when it's given.

Stop complaining the game into the ground without knowing what you are doing.

This is a Live service game.
    I really don't think many players even appreciate that distinction.
    These events exist around the calendar not the game state.
    Anniversary event does not get pushed just because you whiners broke the game with unity client.
    Halloween is coming.
    Christmas is coming.
    I still have to write guides for these events.
    I still have to detail how to best use pumpkin patches for maximum output.
    But then what. You guy's won't read it anyway and you will just complain about something else til they break it.
    Why am I bothering again?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I was initially against having an event while the game is so broken (I can login and sort of play, but it's still broken), but this actually was the perfect event for such a situation.

15k balloons is pretty easily achievable in a mostly passive way. Normally, I would try for much more than that, but the lag is already unbearable and getting worse. I expect to easily pass that amount, but I don't see keeping the festival hall buffed close to 100% of the time like I normally would.

Somehow, you've made the most tedious part of the game, sending out explorers, even worse. Every other click is either unrecognized or missclicks or at the very least lags. Takes 2-3 times as long as it would normally. Fortunately, this is not a very heavy explorer event.

I decided not to bother with the celebration quests. I'm too frustrated halfway through the first one with the constant zone refreshes. At least this is not really required to participate in the event. I'll probably get through a couple of rounds but am not going to go out of my way to do it.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    On one hand, this is the perfect event to run while the game is in the state it is in. Doesn't require as much effort for players to do to get the rewards. Just make sure an optimum resource is getting burned up in the festhall. Make sure the festhall is buffed. Do some of the quests where possible. And open the daily door. So not as much effort is needed unlike other events such as Halloween, Easter etc

However from a $$ perspective for BB, this was the worst event for BB to try to run while the game is borked to varying degrees for most players. It's the one event where the event shop is 100% gem based. For me personally, I will not be buying anymore gems till I know the game is running in a state that is enjoyable for me. And I honestly don't see how BB can expect players to want to buy gems when it is frustrating to do some of the most basic and fundamental tasks in game such as sending out explorers and running events.

For example, this morning about every 2 minutes, I was getting hammer man. And if I wasn't getting hammer man, I was either getting zone refreshing or severe lagging. So it took longer to pretty much do anything in game. I ended up logging off and coming back later. However from what I've been seeing, others are having it way worse then me. So I consider myself lucky

Reply to Thread