Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: [Feedback] Anniversary Event 2021

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I did not receive an in game email with the "Community Goal 2" rewards.

World
    Ares
    Sooo, what the Dev Diary specifies in the cooldown period isn't true. I'm still getting collectibles, the festival hall is still on my island along with the little bridge, event items are still showing in my inventory, my provision houses can still make cakes and convert candles & dough, the event quests are still active, explorers still brought back candles, and the cake buffs are still showing in my star.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    No idea how the event was. I was barely, slowly, painfully able to log in but since game is not playable, i just logged in a few days just to get whatever was given out for showing up. Did not get to do any quest and normally i do all quests and max donations. What a disappointment. Can I get the client back or a working browser version. I am on Windows 8.1.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I don't know exactly what was intended, but I remember before the festival hall didn't disappear right when the event was over.

I don't know about quests because I have always completed them with plenty of time to spare, but after hearing there was a scouting post on offer and seeing the quest chain was still active, I decided to go ahead and give the main questline a try (still ignored the celebrathon quests). I haven't done much of Bonaberti Business before, but it is a decent adventure.

Adventures are buggier than they were before, at least for me. Perhaps not buggier so much as differently buggy. There are zone refreshes now, which didn't happen before. Not nearly as bad as the main island, which is terrible, but still somewhat annoying. Also, the constant jumping between generals. What is that about? Unless I wait until everybody is either actively moving or not moving at all, it jumps to another general instead of the one I'm trying to add troops to. Overall, adventures are still doable, but this definitely slows things down and leads to unnecessary troop losses. At least the camps destroy themselves now and don't just have never-ending battle animations.

One specific quest note, why is there a co-op adventure? I couldn't find anyone interested (granted, I'm sure it would have likely been easier if I hadn't waited until the last minute) and apparently there is not a way to solo one, so I just gemmed it. 89 gems for a scouting post, okay, fine, whatever, but it is a little annoying that there's a quest I have to rely on other people to complete.

Lastly, I don't see much use for the balloon market. It would be nice if these could just be added to one of the many existing buff buildings, but I know that is asking too much. Two of the buffs are too expensive to bother with. The one for the rabbit retreat is maybe interesting, but the duration is too short.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post

Adventures are buggier than they were before, at least for me. Perhaps not buggier so much as differently buggy. There are zone refreshes now, which didn't happen before. Not nearly as bad as the main island, which is terrible, but still somewhat annoying. Also, the constant jumping between generals. What is that about? Unless I wait until everybody is either actively moving or not moving at all, it jumps to another general instead of the one I'm trying to add troops to. Overall, adventures are still doable, but this definitely slows things down and leads to unnecessary troop losses. At least the camps destroy themselves now and don't just have never-ending battle animations.

it depends on the adv... adventures like besieged city - after about 5 attacks. the never ending battles start and you have to g0 home and return for every battle or risk it pseudo intercepting all future gens (funny cause that camps not there but them gens -- they gonna die anyways..) for that stupid co=op quest it took me a 12 hrs to find someone willing to join.. crazy.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The co-op quest is where I also got stuck. Never saw any co-op posted and had no responses when I offered to start one. With no way of knowing what friends or guildies were online, it was impossible to do. I forgot about using gems or I may have done it too. I really wanted the scout post.

I did finish all the rest of the quests for adventures by just going skipping any blocks and only moving one general at a time. It was so frustrating to try to load a general and 1 returns or starts attack and my general switched to that one and my loading another had to wait until the interfering general finished. Any adv was a lesson in perseverance and patience as they took many times the time usually necessary.

Opening any mail was atrocious. You would start going down the boxes checking 1 at a time and then misclick and all previous check disappear. I then moved to doing 8 boxes and then group open only to have it refresh during the opening. It refreshed each and every time so I had to then move to 4 at a time which with the opening taking so long, ended up taking forever.

I don't know if I will torture myself for another event with the game in this state. It sure wasn't fun and the rewards were blah.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I'm just opening mail rewards and deleting battle reports one at a time. This is tedious. I gave up on multiple mail after trying it once because the game is so unstable. I can't imagine doing this for 100+ e-mails for explorers, per set of searches, which already take 3 times as long to send because the game doesn't recognize half the clicks and is constantly refreshing.

This was not a bad event to run with the game in a compromised state because a lot of is passive. Unfortunately, I have little faith things will be any better for Halloween, if ever. I would expect to see some progress in 2.5 months, but it doesn't seem like there has been any progress in the last month and a half. That is an event which is just not playable like this. It won't prevent them from releasing it anyway, though. Until the lag issue is addressed, this game is an exercise in frustration. I'm sticking around hoping things will get better, perhaps naively, since I've been here for so long, but I don't blame long-time players for jumping ship.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i had it show me just battle reports- thinking that was a workaround.. but it turns out as soon as i delete one.. it undoes the 'show only battle reports' flag... soo i was like happily clicking 10 emails. only to find it had undone the only battle reports and watching it helpless as it deleted the good mail.. >:{ mail is soooo broken.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I did battle reports 1 at a time. With over 100 explorers that would take well over an hour to send them all, I hated trying to do the mail after their return. I did many at one at a time just because then the 20 second lag to open just 4 mail at a time never happened. Even just doing 2 at a time cause lag. With Halloween being such an intensive send explorers, open mail and send generals event and all are so messy right now, not sure if Halloween will be something to do.

Reply to Thread