Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: [Feedback] Unity Version - Community Update #2

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    The fact that BB is prioritizing fixing and or doing stuff with the gem shop to make gem purchases faster BEFORE making the game much more playable for the players speaks volumes about how much they care about and value the players (we're just $ signs to BB)
    I explained it already earlier:

Gamestore improvements have NO detraction from the game's development. They're handled by different people/teams altogether.
    If you review our changelogs after Unity has been deployed, you will see a lot of bugs/issues and improvements made to the game. As we said in the Community Update, we are still aware of the remaining issues. For example, the biggest problem - performance. We are currently looking into solutions for newer server setups, which will enable us to troubleshoot and improve performance more easily. As you probably know some issues are related - so they cannot be fixed/solved without solving the "core" issue first, and in terms of performance, the newer server configurations will help a lot.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    You seem to miss everyone's point! Now I don't know your organization or how its set up but having been in engineering/product development when a crisis hits which in fact threatens your revenue stream and customer satisfaction you shift resources or hire to solve the problems ASAP. So working on gem shop certainly is not a priority.

Im sure your going to say those people not technically able to help. Not buying it. Even if they get coffee or are used as game tester, anything to help. BB comes across as not even perceiving this as a crisis.

One other thing that boggles most of the players mind is that most of us play other games that faced the demise of flash also - they handled it--BB did not.
    So frustrations levels high - in my case 9 years between $1000-2000 invested and most important loss of some great friends.
    Last edited by Pochucker; 10-08-21 at 08:03 am. Reason: spelling

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    I explained it already earlier:

If you review our changelogs after Unity has been deployed, you will see a lot of bugs/issues and improvements made to the game. As we said in the Community Update, we are still aware of the remaining issues. For example, the biggest problem - performance. We are currently looking into solutions for newer server setups, which will enable us to troubleshoot and improve performance more easily. As you probably know some issues are related - so they cannot be fixed/solved without solving the "core" issue first, and in terms of performance, the newer server configurations will help a lot.
    the biggest problem isn't 'performance' though - it is the fact the game loses all actions a couple of minutes before a zone refresh and the fact that the game switches from what you have targeted to something else if another action occurs, eg. generals - trying to do adventures fast is impossible now, and it is pretty much a trial trying to do them slow either because you will be assigning troops to general 'a' and then general 'b' finishes building a garrison and the game decides that general should have priority over general 'a' (and switches to general b) which you have been working on. What kind of silly programming causes that. In addition, the game still will pick up buildings underneath the panel you are working from again, just pure simple bizarre programming.

what you are prioritizing fixing is just so faulty - do you guys even play the game? I can't believe the servers you are playing on are so much better that none of this happens.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The game is broken so badly that I can not even make my Raving Rabid statues scream out my frustration any more.

World
    Zeus
    BB just ask yourself one question...

Would you recommend to your friends 'The Settlers Online' in its current condition as a game for them to play?

Provide an honest answer to that question and you wont need any "Feedback" from us.

Quite frankly I am really getting tired of having to redo half of what has already been done after every 'Zone Refresh' in order to accomplish anything at all...

Send out my scores of 'Explorers' -- forget it! It would take hours.

I can hardly send out the bare minimum of 'Geologists' to find 'Deposits' without having to re-click them three times over to get them to finally go! And then you have to wait for another 'Zone Refresh' just to make sure they actually are deployed...

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    BB just ask yourself one question...

Would you recommend to your friends 'The Settlers Online' in its current condition as a game for them to play?

Provide an honest answer to that question and you wont need any "Feedback" from us.
    Agree 100%!!!!

This week I've run the entire MCC once. And am on my 2nd Princess for today (doing a push to get to L69. About 8M away from leveling).

Observations so far this week. Adventuring is horribly borked. Loading a gen to send to attack and game automatically switches it to a gen that just returned to garrison. So we have to be EXTRA careful to make sure we're actually sending the correct gen

Some gens I will try to click on and it won't show the correct gen. For example I click on Boris & it opens to Sylvana A. Or I click on Sylvana A and it opens to Vargus etc.

I send out attacks. Then for many of them, I have to go back to home island and then return to adventure just to get the attack to "finish"

Sometimes I will notice that the wrong gen was sent or I sent a gen with incorrect loadout. So I try to retreat. Find I am sometimes NOT able to retreat. Which results in unexpected losses.

Since move to Unity, I refuse to do any blocking on any adventure until I can be confident that attacks will actually "finish". And will not run any adventures where wiki says to "retreat" as part of an attack until I can be certain retreating will work

I think once I level up, I will take a break from adventuring until necessary (Halloween event). Just not worth the headache

World
    Zeus
    Have waited a while before offering any feedback cause I didn't want to post a rant that was basically me shooting from the hip over all the frustrations with what has been my all time favorite game for years now. With that being said.......

If I'm reading the community update right, new servers are on the horizon. For years now TSO has suffered from hellacious lag more or less all the time and in general, but especially during events, when it could become downright maddening.

Looked at from that perspective, it makes sense to replace the servers and address performance issues that have plagued the game for a long time now and might be wreaking havoc with the Unity version and making it even harder to pinpoint bugs, not knowing if it's server lag or code causing a problem.

So I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt and hoping that the server change is a huge step in the right direction.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Have waited a while before offering any feedback cause I didn't want to post a rant that was basically me shooting from the hip over all the frustrations with what has been my all time favorite game for years now. With that being said.......

If I'm reading the community update right, new servers are on the horizon. For years now TSO has suffered from hellacious lag more or less all the time and in general, but especially during events, when it could become downright maddening.

Looked at from that perspective, it makes sense to replace the servers and address performance issues that have plagued the game for a long time now and might be wreaking havoc with the Unity version and making it even harder to pinpoint bugs, not knowing if it's server lag or code causing a problem.

So I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt and hoping that the server change is a huge step in the right direction.
    If the servers all remain in Europe I am doubtful the 'lag' will improve for north americans

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    BB, I understand that there are different "teams" working on the game vs. the gem shop. Your public relations went down the tubes when you announced one of the improvements in the next maintenance was the gem shop and merely by including it in the announcement you presented it as supposedly of great significance or importance to the users. You should have just fixed it quietly and not shined a spotlight on it.

The other public relations nightmare you created is by stating you still had a "last bit of code for Unity" to add. We the users are protesting that you launched a not ready for prime time version and that phrase was the flash point for our angst.

I suggest before making any more announcements you read them with the mental state of the frustrated user. We are not made happy with the presentations so far made to date.

Reply to Thread