Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Unity Version - Community Update #2

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Generals switching is still the big problem. Running advs means very large troop loss when the wrong general is sent.
    as has been said, difficult to run adventures when they are broken. While the update is appreciated, I see no real improvement. O well, Happy Halloween!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    sorry Halloween is a no go w/ the gens issue and refresh issues... tonight for example i wanted to read mails tonight- READ them not just click the checks and gather them (to see what scared brought back.. and the new royal). but every 30 sec i got a hammer man... 6 times now so far...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Bravo to you brave souls to continue toughing it out with Unity. I went back to the old client after fuming about the buggy Unity version. Game is highly enjoyable in Flash. Sorry and thanks to Mac/Unix/Ubuntu users. I dream of a time the game is drawing in new users and the Trade Office has more than 1 page of items.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I discovered today that the ridiculously long load time whenever I log into the game (usually several times per day due to being booted when changing islands or just because) is not a problem with my desktop computer or my pathetic slow internet. I was on a completely different computer today, on internet in a town, and still waited nearly 15 minutes for my game to load. This is obviously an issue with the game itself, at least for my account (and no, I am not starting over. I'm level 67 now, and am definitely not going back to the beginning). My brother, whose computer is right next to mine and on the same internet/router/etc., has no problem with his loading. This is an ongoing issue. Also, why does the zone have to refresh every time one wants or needs to switch tabs? If one is using a guide for an adventure, they will have to change tabs repeatedly. Why is this an issue? These things need to be fixed, as they make participating in events and running adventures nearly impossible. I'm a long-time, die-hard player with immense patience, and this whole thing is even beginning to tax me.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Are you F'ing kidding me. Didn't you learn anything from the anniversary event???? Very few people did high level adventure due to the massive lag and frequent freezing and refreshing happening. Explorers were and still are a PITA to send out, I know I will not spend 45-60 minutes sending mine out. Lengthy loading times, mail is also a write off, but lets worry about the gem shop. The fact that you are working to improve the aspects of the game that require us to spend money/gems instead of the game play tells me that you only see us as cash cows and not even well treated ones at that. The S--T that gets wiped off the bottom of your shoe gets more respect then you give us players.

World
    Ares
    Halloween is a no go for me unless BB pulls a miracle out. I didn't even make the 5k balloon goal because I couldn't stand all the glitches. I do not enjoy playing at all now, so all I do is log in to get gem bonus just in the (unikely) event the game becomes truly playable in the future. It's a waste of time and too frustrating to play. But sure, get your gem shop fixed. Priorities after all... *geez*

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    A typical day has a pair of 2 hour TSO sessions. Very little gets accomplished due to unresponsive page messages, game freezes, game refreshed, and overall latency issues with user input to server response.
    It takes 15 minutes on average to complete the game download.
    It takes 30-plus minutes for the island to appear with all buildings, etc.
    During the island, I can transfer loot mail to star, but some times it locks up the game, and frequently it takes more than one attempt.
    Once mail is done, I can usually get 5 geologists and 10 explorers sent. This is an average of 2 minutes each, but there are times when it crashes the game and I have to reboot. There are times when refresh cancels the orders and they have to be redone. There are times when refresh makes it look like orders were cancelled and I find myself facing a spend gem screen, which I did not ask for.
    So, 45-60 minutes into the game I can start island maintenance. Usually can complete area buffs and collectibles in the remaining time. Usually there is at least one additional reboot and sometimes the page not responsive appears more than 10 times per minute, which is the same as dead in the water. Zone refreshes happen all the time, which leads me to think there is a server communications issue.
    No way can I participate in an event.
    Fix the gem market if you want. It is your game, but do not expect me to buy any until the game becomes fun to play again.
    Loved the game when it worked. Just too much frustration to even like playing it now.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    ROFL!!!

So speeding up gem purchases?! Would love to be fly around the conference room. "Gem purchases have tanked since the move to Unity!". "customer must be angry that the gem purchases take too long" "We must speed them up!"

That is like improving the sales register at a store that stop selling bread and is now selling feces and wonders why no one is buying.

World
    Ares
    Update the tech on the gem shop!!! Seriously! I have money I would like to spend on gems, but with the state of the game, I'm not sure it is worth it at this time. This game is miles away from where it was before the change. Fix the things that the players have posted here and you will see that some of us will be willing to spend money.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Rodney View Post
    Bravo to you brave souls to continue toughing it out with Unity. I went back to the old client after fuming about the buggy Unity version. Game is highly enjoyable in Flash. Sorry and thanks to Mac/Unix/Ubuntu users. I dream of a time the game is drawing in new users and the Trade Office has more than 1 page of items.
    I took a look at this because clearly BB isn't going to be creating a functional product any time soon. Sounds like it works fine, but I think I'll pass on running a program with full system control (it was sketchy that it was setup like this in the first place) supported by a Russian hacker.

Reply to Thread