Reply to Thread

Thread: Guidelines to get back into your account

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Guidelines to get back into your account

To fix accounts/game issues, email: account.support@castleempireonline.com (edit: old mail address used for migration:account.support@thesettlersonline.com)

If you have been locked out of your account due to platform changes, here are some guidelines to get back in.

Edit: The USA no longer has a Legacy login, so try the Contact Form first, then if that doesn't work, try the following directions keeping in mind the instructions will end up differently due to recent changes BB has made. The below instructions are what have worked for people during the year. The EU still has a Legacy login.

Please post any positive or negative results and method you used so we can help others problem solve.

��️ SUMMARY:

Edit: On the homepage, click HELP/SUPPORT, scroll to Contact Form, type in:

Email: your email to be contacted at,
    subject: Account migration,
    category: Account problem,
    message: Please send a link to migrate my account to Ubisoft and disconnect {your character name(s) and server(s)} from __ platform.

If that fails, these are the instructions that worked in the past:

1) Send email to account.support@castleempireonline.com to unlink your character. Give them character name(s) and server(s).
    2) Watch for a response daily. They close tickets quickly (24-48hrs) if you don't act upon their response.
    3) Use the "legacy" log-in to reset your password when they send it to you. (you have 24hrs to complete it)
    4) Once reset, log-in to "legacy" and click merge link. Create a Ubisoft account. Log in to Ubisoft going forward. (If you have more than one character on your account, you might need to create a new Ubisoft account for each one transferred.)

�� ��️ TROUBLESHOOTING:

You first need to send them an email and ask them to unlink your character from the old platform. Give them your character name(s) and server(s). They may ask you for details about character. Provide what you can within 48hrs. They will send you a password reset which must be done immediately (within 24 hours) or it expires, so check for their email frequently until this is done. If they have already done this and you are now on legacy login, follow the next steps.

Failed to reset:
    If you cannot login because you didn't reset in time and they closed your ticket, send them a new request to reset your password.

Your next step is to merge to a newly created Ubisoft log-in. When you log-in to "legacy" after the reset, look for the merge link and create your new Ubisoft account and password. You will log-in with Ubisoft going forward.

More than one character:
    If your account is sitting in "legacy" but you still cannot log in, and you have two characters, it is because Ubisoft cannot transfer a character onto an email that already has one. You will need a separate Ubisoft account for each transferred character.

If you already have a game active on a specific email, use a different email for the legacy game server you are locked out of (or create a new email with yahoo, hotmail, or whoever you choose). Merge and create a ubisoft account with your new email.

Your Ubisoft account email must be verified for the migration to complete.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    If your account is sitting in "legacy" but you still cannot log in, and you have two characters, it is because Ubisoft cannot transfer a character onto an email that already has one. You will need a separate Ubisoft account for each transferred character.
    I thought the entire point of using the ubisoft account was that so all your islands on all servers are under one login. I was able to get mine on various servers to work under one login. Or do you mean multiple accounts on one server - that isn't allowed so maybe that is why it isn't working for people.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I thought the entire point of using the ubisoft account was that so all your islands on all servers are under one login. I was able to get mine on various servers to work under one login. Or do you mean multiple accounts on one server - that isn't allowed so maybe that is why it isn't working for people.
    Specifically, if you are looking to merge an account onto Ubisoft and it has more than one character, there has been difficulty, despite them being in different locations (ie: USA and EU). This has been a hanging point for several people whom I've already helped. So, I'm assuming that your Ubisoft account was created, and then you made new characters. If you had a different result, please share the method used. Thank you.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Please don't use that email anymore as we have a new system. Just use the "Contact Form" and fill it in.

The US instance doesn't have a Legacy login, so if you've been using Facebook/Steam or any other platform, we'll just disconnect it and send you a link that will allow you to link your account to Ubisoft. After this transfer, you will be able to log in with Ubisoft Login.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Please don't use that email anymore as we have a new system. Just use the "Contact Form" and fill it in.]

People have tried using the Contact Form many times with no response. Has this has been fixed?

[The US instance doesn't have a Legacy login, so if you've been using Facebook/Steam or any other platform, we'll just disconnect it and send you a link that will allow you to link your account to Ubisoft. After this transfer, you will be able to log in with Ubisoft Login.
    There has been a problem getting characters from different servers and even different countries on one account to transfer together. Do you have any suggestions?

I've had to help people who have played for years, invested a lot in their islands and have friendships and guilds to return to who thought their characters were gone forever. I'm very glad I could help. There are still people popping up trying to get in and feeling lost. Some get in half way. Clearly, the help system isn't working well for at least some. That's why I am posting this. I feel really bad for them.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 10-06-21 at 02:47 am. Reason: double post

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggiemoo View Post
    There has been a problem getting characters from different servers and even different countries on one account to transfer together. Do you have any suggestions?
    Yes, please contact our Support Team, they will assist you. Make sure to add your nickname or/and email address if possible, so the agent will be able to find your account.

People have tried using the Contact Form many times with no response. Has this has been fixed?
    Yes, this is one of the reasons why the system was offline a while ago. You and everyone else will see a difference while using it.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Specifically, if you are looking to merge an account onto Ubisoft and it has more than one character, there has been difficulty, despite them being in different locations (ie: USA and EU). This has been a hanging point for several people whom I've already helped. So, I'm assuming that your Ubisoft account was created, and then you made new characters. If you had a different result, please share the method used. Thank you.
    nope I just followed the directions they gave us back in December - and it picked up my existing islands on two servers. I had a ubisoft account for more than 10 years but had this hooked up to facebook. my understanding is that people never had a problem with hooking up different islands on europe and us but that they couldn't play them at the same time like they did before

Reply to Thread