Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 19/10/2021

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    So now Christmas market is working again. I don't know if it was temporarily broken or what. Someone had this theory that it's working but just doesn't recognize properly when the cooldown is actually expired. Perhaps.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    So, now 2 days into the event, been locked out the 1st day after 20 mins with "Server Zone Crashed" screen. Started today, 10 minutes, same server zone crash. I'm done, officially, I'm done. Been saying this for a month now. But, I'm really done. I've given you every opportunity. The fixes just break more things. Now I can't even load.

Would someone tell Lady_Kizmyass in Shack, that she has the guild now. Not that I can get on to change leadership... So, in 2 weeks, or whatever it takes with not logging on to transfer leadership, you'll get the notice.

I'm done. Done Done Done.

You have the watch.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Yep... I am done providing free alpha testing service. "Server Zone Crashed"

I play games for relaxation. What YOU have done is taken a enjoyable experience and turned it into a stinking pile of scheiss.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hey everyone.

We are aware of the issue with the "Locked Zone" and a hotfix is coming - we will publish the schedule soon.

For now, please don't use Love Garden.

We are also looking at other issues that have been reported, such as adventure invitations or Love Garden.

We will keep you informed.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 10-26-21 at 06:25 am.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hey everyone.

We are aware of the issue with the "Locked Zone" and a hotfix is coming - we will publish the schedule soon.

For now, please don't use Love Garden.

We are also looking at other issues that have been reported, such as adventure invitations or Love Garden.

We will keep you informed.

When are the constant zone refreshes going to be addressed?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    OMG... this is just like the 1st days of unity... expl comes in ..and locks the ENTIRE game up... typing in chat opens all the buildings - even if you ddidnt hit a letter that corresponds to a hot key

on a mini adv... move gen.. refresh... move him again.. refresh.. repeat 12 times.. bloody ridiculous.

co-ops.. you gave us quest for co-ops.. we cannot SEND INVITES????

gem bundles Locked???

oh and then . the favourite

Java Script error -- webgl error out of memory.. another back peddle to update 1

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I still question why i even log in anymore; perhaps the 9 years of playing has me compelled to return, OR perhaps its the fact you make some abusive game design that requires multiple events, increasing over event costs over time, over the course of 5 years, for multiple limit capped items, aka black tree, love, market, explorers etc.

My last login was at the end of the anniversiary event, which i did the bare minimum just to get the items due to the state of this games performance which is nothing short or worse than it was at that time. It isn't even worth my time or frustration to even do island maintenace as resources are completely useless to me and trade is dead. (aside from trade, or the level 6/7 up resources)

I could get past the 12 minute log ins if i didn't have to refresh the game every half hour / hour due to performance issues and graphical issues.
    I could get past the 20 minutes of explorer sendings despite it now taking 5x longer than normal, yes only 20 days of this torture.
    I try to get past the 5+ seconds zone refreshed delays twice/three times every minute.
    I try to get past the 5+ second delays in any clicking action.
    I try to get past the 5+ second delays in new quests that dont exist.
    I try to get past the 15+ second delays with now page unresposive every few minutes. (mem leak?)

I try to get past the fact im now playing a game that no longer functions at all, and im sitting in perpetual frozen screens and constant delays constantly.

What i can't get past is straight neglect the last 4 months since unity roll out, after killing a decent enough working client.
    why bother having a test server, or your own client test before any live release.. clearly nothing is utilized to test jack, as something breaks every fix or remains broken as all hell.

Just one hour into this event, and i have more than two dozen graphical issues and gameplay issues, still can't see whos online, and a host of new issues. I'm laughing at the straight up failure, and angry that I get to witness straight contempt that this is playable.

Development has NEVER surfaced on NA forums in 10 years (they do on german servers), doesn't care about your problems or ideas, and I doubt any communication is or has ever been relayed to someone who, you know, could utilize positive or negative feedback, talk about red flags. I'm not quite sure if this from being bought out by ubisoft, or musical chairs of development teams over a decade. (aka inactivity for years in and out here, 3 years inactive during 50 cap, another 2 on 70-80 cap to build a new settlers franchise, pre-sold, and then trashed and refunded, yet still is advertised sigh)

I can't imagine how this fares for your purchasing customers. Judging by the bi-weekly gem sales since v-day 2021, and the continuation of events without pause, profits must continue, but I know that without necessary fixes you will lose more than you will gain, and in the long term this game will be terminated because no sane person would fund revenue to such a broken game in its current state.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The client needed to be killed because Macs and Linux users couldn't use it. That said, the client was an EXCELLENT definition of what Unity should have achieved, but because a 3rd party was used to do the port to Unity and they had no clue how the game was played, the result was "whatever the heck we can ship" without concern for whether or not it was actually playable or matched the behavior of what should have been their design document- the Client, with the thought that the devs who didn't understand Unity well enough to do the port themselves could then fix things. But apparently not understanding Unity well enough to do a port is an impediment to actually being able to fix the game as implementing the Halloween event messed with code that implementing the Halloween event never should have touched.

Why should Halloween have had any involvement in Love Tree, Love Garden, or Christmas Market? That code used to be isolated- either it isn't anymore by intent or the spaghetti code that has resulted means EVERYTHING is tied together and pulling any string affects everything else. Dijkstra has a few pithy comments to say about this form of code.

Why did the hotfix for the patch change the order of the normal troops in the population and production menu, but NOT in the generals' menu? What could anything related to Halloween, or attempting to fix the Christmas Bakery (which apparently did work) or the other buildings (which didn't), justify creating a UI inconsistency completely unrelated to any event and that is just stupid? Are developers being allowed to modify things completely unrelated to those parts of the code that desperately need to be repaired or is the resultant heap of code that was created for Unity such a mess that they can't help but modify unrelated things in no predictable manner?

When hotfixes for the hotfixes for your patches not only don't fix any of what they purport to fix but break new things, it is time to admit to yourself you have a problem. Hopefully for the programmers there is a 12-step program for that (or at least a Unity training class), but for the players the only choice is to remain in a codependent abusive relationship or leave. So another hotfix, here we come.

Another option would be for your developers who are now hopefully steeped under fire in how Unity works to go back and clean slate their own port of what was a mostly working very well (but not for Macs or Linux) Client in terms of user expectations to Unity based on all the things they know. If only time was on your side, that would be a far less painful approach than the path you are doggedly determined to continue going down, absent an apparent real understanding of what is supposed to be your own code. Unfortunately management decisions made a year ago (and already a year too late at that time) make this option untenable.

As a consultant, over a dozen years I have rescued many companies or projects from the similar situations they have gotten into, but I have also watched too many others who couldn't accept that they needed saving from the path they were on. Blue Byte appears determined to follow that second path.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    EDIT: Now Scout Tower is no longer working, even after total refresh, cache purge, usual drill. Terminal hourglass. . . . (7:42 PM MST)
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 10-26-21 at 05:45 pm.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Another glitch I'm finding on my game. When I go to empty expo loot mail, I select star as the destination & I'll get a bunch of messages popping up saying not enough space and to increase my storage. And that is with me selecting star as the destination and not inventory

Reply to Thread