Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 19/10/2021

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    For clarification, two events have been delayed to give additional time for some fixes (Anniversary + Halloween).
    Since the Halloween event is still in the future, I stand by my previous statement of 1 event having been delayed (to date)

When we released our temporary client, players who were using macOS, Linux, or Windows 32-bit were not able to play at all. We still decided to run the events. At the moment, everyone can play, but you will experience technical issues that are similar for everyone. There are no good decisions with events as some players would like to see drastic decisions including shutting down the game until it is fixed, and some would rather play even if it's difficult. We can't make a decision that will make both sides happy, the only way is to fix the technical issues - we are working on it, but this needs time.
    Linux and Mac users are the minority of the players on the game, as for win32 players, they were able to play a short time after the initial release of the client. The reason for even using a "temporary client" is dumbfounding to begin with, since there was a 4-5 year notice of the end of Flash before it actually ended (could have created, designed and released an entirely new game in that amount of time). As for the statement "At the moment, everyone can play, but you will experience technical issues that are similar for everyone." This is not true, since a very large number of players can't even get into the game and many that can get into the game can't actually do much due to the numerous issues of the game.

"We can't make a decision that will make both sides happy, the only way is to fix the technical issues". This is not entirely true. I have stated in multiple forum threads the ideal solution for the current state of this game. Some other player/s that happened to know a bit about programming made adjustments to the client to allow players to log into the game without the issues that Unity brought to us. BB is fully aware of this "workaround", they have even acknowledged it. Yet BB has not officially released it themselves for use by the players. Even though ALL the work has been done for them, they still only push the defunked and broken Unity version on all their players. Even after I suggested to rewind the Unity release back to the client version, the response on the forum was "that's not possible, the client and Unity are not compatible and we can not revert back to the client". Yet a player or players managed to do exactly that, they adjusted the client to work on the Unity platform, which the BB devs said was impossible.

This workaround can be used in conjunction with the broken Unity release. This would allow those players that are able to use the client to use it rather than not playing due to the Unity issues while also allowing those that can not use the client can suffer through the Unity issues (yet still manage to log into the game) (if they are one of the few fortunate ones to actually be able to log fully into the game).

There is no reason for BB to force the Unity version onto all their players when there is an already fixed version of the client that would allow the vast majority of players to play the game without the massive issues brought on by the Unity release. At least until the Unity version is finally fixed (whatever century that actually happens). Specially when ALL the work has already been done for them, if they would only make a notification on their news broadcast of this workaround with the link to the workaround, there would be less complaints and more players actually playing the game. Most of the players are not using this workaround in fear of being penalized for using it, just so they can actually play since the Unity version is so broken that most players are not able to actually play.

"Half players can't even log in to the game"? Huh? We don't have any technical issues preventing anyone from logging in. If someone has a problem accessing their account, please contact our support team. Please also feel free to send me some nicknames via PM, so I'll investigate if there's anything we don't know about.
    This statement is seriously misleading or you are very ill informed. Yes, people are able to "log into their accounts", however, logging into your account and logging into the game are 2 completely different things. There are literally numerous threads on this forum of people stating that they can not get onto the game, getting connection issue errors with blank levels, blank screens, etc and never actually being able to get onto their islands and play in any way whatsoever.

Gem sale -> it's an automatic process, scheduled a long time before you will see it in-game/website. Please remember, it's just an additional way to purchase gems, as our shop is available all the time.
    This, I find very interesting. In the 11 yrs I have been playing this game, I have NEVER seen 6 gem sales in under 3 months before all before an event even started, until the time between Unity release and the beginning of the Anniversary event this year. So, if all those gem sales were "automatic process" then that automatic process was conveniently and beneficially malfunctioning.

Changing the entire game engine, from one technology to another, is not as easy as it may seem. Remember that such a process also requires a lot of background changes for all related systems and infrastructure. The final piece of Unity's code is on its way, and from then on, it'll be much easier for us to deliver the fixes you'll want to see.
    Well, as previously stated, there was 4-5 years of warning before Flash ended to complete any and all processes/adjustments to the game to choose and move to a new platform. Thousands of other games from other developers made this selection and adjustment virtually seamlessly to their new platforms without even a fraction of the issues all of us players are finding in this single game.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    This statement is seriously misleading or you are very ill informed. Yes, people are able to "log into their accounts", however, logging into your account and logging into the game are 2 completely different things. There are literally numerous threads on this forum of people stating that they can not get onto the game, getting connection issue errors with blank levels, blank screens, etc and never actually being able to get onto their islands and play in any way whatsoever.
    most of those issues were fixed long ago, are you sure these are recent threads. also a lot of people have problems one day and make a post and then get in the next day and don't bother saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Rupert View Post
    Only I will not experience technical issues similar for everybody as a growing number of players are going back to using the temporary client. Given the current (and expected after tomorrow's update based on the changelog) state of the game; they'll have a decided advantage over those of us who haven't during the Halloween Event. No where close to the even playing field you indicate.
    yes, I agree on this. This is a problem that should be addressed if they keep on with the events when the unity version is terrible.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 10-19-21 at 05:19 am. Reason: double post

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    This, I find very interesting. In the 11 yrs I have been playing this game, I have NEVER seen 6 gem sales in under 3 months before all before an event even started, until the time between Unity release and the beginning of the Anniversary event this year. So, if all those gem sales were "automatic process" then that automatic process was conveniently and beneficially malfunctioning.
    The answer to this is painfully obvious: they want us to buy gems to complete quests and buy items we should be able to complete in normal gameplay. BUT we don't have anything even remotely resembling normal gameplay, so they hope a lot of players will want to keep up and will buy gems to do so.

Unfortunately I will likely NOT participate in the Halloween event. The game right now is too frustrating to be enjoyable. No way in he** will an event that depends on adventures for refills be anything other than a giant PITA.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 10-19-21 at 05:19 am. Reason: double post

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    most of those issues were fixed long ago, are you sure these are recent threads. also a lot of people have problems one day and make a post and then get in the next day and don't bother saying anything.
    Actually, none of those issues have been fixed, that's why more than half of the players still are not playing and why almost every guild only has like 4-10 active members currently. I still can't get into the game through the Unity version myself, so I know that the issue hasn't been fixed.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Actually, none of those issues have been fixed, that's why more than half of the players still are not playing and why almost every guild only has like 4-10 active members currently. I still can't get into the game through the Unity version myself, so I know that the issue hasn't been fixed.
    the blue asked people repeatedly to tell them, if someone they can't get in, in those very threads - in any case, make a ticket. Unless of course, you are using a 32-bit system then don't bother your system doesn't meet requirements. Most of the players in my guild aren't playing because 80% of them are event only players or have been inactive for years. When the event comes the actives almost all sign on. I have been in other guilds too and the same pattern so don't make it out like people are so active in this game most times.

p.s. I checked just for chuckles to see how many people are showing active in my guild today - and there are 20 active players, although I never see more than 10 or so ever say anything on chat outside of event. So that 80% probably should be 70% that are inactive or event only players.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Great. Another event played on some broken crap of a game. When was the unity "upgrade" back in July? And what was done to make the game even worth sitting at a load screen for 10 minutes? Nothing except fixing a mailbox issue and a gem shop issue. Yeah wonderful. Because I want to spend my money on some train wreck of a game that UBS has no intention of ever fixing. Notice how they NEVER say anything about fixing any of the core issues that people have been complaining about since day one. All they do is kick the can down the road when they announce "maintenance". Oh we fixed a mailbox issue. Let's pat ourselves on the back. Hey everyone, we made buying gems faster for our game that nobody can play. Yea us! If I didn't piss my money away on gems BEFORE this sorry excuse for an upgrade I would have cut it loose a long time ago. Face it, that are NEVER going to fix the game. They can say they are "looking" into this or that but nothing will ever get done.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Logged in post Oct 20th update and... my Royal explorer is unbooked. He was fully booked before the update so... yeah, not good.

Trying to get to an adventure, "An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your Browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was: Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded" soooooo... yeah, not good.

Had a display bug where my navigation using the number keys was taking me to the archipelago, but reloading fixed that, so probably not a problem unless it happens again.

But before I reloaded for that, I completed the collection quest and never got a "quest completed notice" even though the quest was completed. I clicked on it to complete, and then reloaded. When I came back, I got the notice that it was completed and I got to click completed again. That could be a lag issue, so don't know if it is good or bad.

Ok, post reloading, tried to get to my adventure again. Same stack overflow problem. SUPER bad. This patch is gonna have to be patched ASAP.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Can't even go to anyone's island to do part of a quest for guild quest, I get the same stack overflow issue https://prnt.sc/1wtv5hu
    Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of others.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Christmas Market and Love Tree are both borked now. They take the resources when activated, the cool downs are active, but no buildings actually get buffed.

Why would either of these been touched in code to activate the Halloween event? I have always tried to give the programmers of BB the benefit of the doubt (the decision makers, not so much), but this update has put the entire game's continued existence in doubt, IMHO.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I can't play after maintenance. got this java error
    https://imgur.com/5BHRezP

Reply to Thread