Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 19/10/2021

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    There still is no green lights to show who is on line and who is not. At this point that is very frustrating. Also the slow response when within the Star Menu and Generals sent to war.

World
    Ares
    I agree with Gwalben in that I liked the non-confirmation to send generals to an adventure, but understand why that was put back on ; currently, it's taking way too long for a single mouse click to be registered in the game, so the fewer we have to do, the better. Also, thank you for fixing the Global chat issue and the plot being blocked when relocating gens or buildings. On the other spectrum, there are still major issues that need to be fixed.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    This is my Settler life now:

Sign in to game.
    Look for guildmates online. Apparently none are online, because no player online indicator green lights.
    Say hello in Guild Chat, and ask if anyone is online.
    Try to send trades for Guild Quest and Pathfinder.
    Unable because when I click a guildmate's or friend's avatar in order to bring up the menu, the menu still launches *below* the visibility of the screen.
    Wait around for someone/anyone to show up in Guild Chat so that I can either click their name in guild chat to launch the options menu so I can trade; or
    ask them to send the trades from their end to me.
    Check mail -- try to delete the 150 buff mails in the mailbox. Can only still delete about 7 at a time, if I try to checkbox more than that, the checks I had checked
    disappear. Spend time checking, rechecking, deleting, repeating -- only to find that *none* of the mails are deleting anyway.
    Try to pick up collectibles -- watch the pretty smoke while the clicked collectibles just sit there smoking then magically reappear after yet again another zone refresh
    Send out geos -- click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, zone refresh click wait, click wait.
    Send out scouts -- click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, zone refresh, click wait, click, wait.
    Give up on being able to send trades for quests.
    No longer even attempt adventures unless simple scenarios or an easy send Ghosts or Yggs, and those only if they will satisfy a quest.
    Run adventures for fun? -- where is the fun in them now, there is none. Zip, zilch, nada. Zero.
    Switch islands to buff guildmate -- wait wait wait wait for their island to load.
    Click buff, oh wait, it's a general not a buff, search the buffs blindly since the buffs have been replaced with generals, scouts, and geos. Take my best guess. Buff.
    Head home -- wait wait wait wait wait wait -- arrive back to my home island.
    Start to chat -- type box goes completely wonky. Zone refesh for the 038403284039438832 time.
    Finally give up, go do the NYT's xword puzzle, then go to Steam and play actual working games.

Halloween has always been my favorite event. Sadly, this will be the first year since its inception that I likely will not play. I am at the point where I am ready to permanently sleep my island, because there is absolutely zero joy in playing anymore -- just frustration and disappointment. This breaks my heart, as for the last 10+ years I have started every morning with coffee, Settlers, and dear friends.

Now I start it with coffee, angst, frustration, and the very rare occasion of blindly bumping into friends. Even the social aspect of the game has been hit hard.

I understand that expressing these frustrations will not hasten any fixes to the game, nor will it help the situation. It feels as if it is yet one more exercise in futility at this point but my purpose is to lend my voice to the other remaining loyal players'.

I was SO hoping for at the minimum the Zone Refresh fix, or something as simple as the who's online green light fix. Each round of fixes appear so non-critical that it gives one pause as to how fixes are ranked and/or escalated in order of immediacy.

This morning, for the first time ever I am considering permanently leaving the game and just moving on since it appears that there really are no substantial fixes on the horizon. Halloween will be a mess, and at this rate, Christmas doesn't look like there will be any joy either. Giving feedback, feels futile, and who in the world is glutton for punishment enough to want to play an adventure heavy event. As for the 150 short searches -- I nearly snorked my coffee, since it is not the length of the Scout searches that is the issue, it is the *time* it takes to click, wait, click, wait, click, wait...... then click each and every single loot mail because wait for it... the mail features still are not working for many of us. Or fun fact, some of us get booted out of the game (waves at Calliope_Jeyne) when they even check their mail.

Normally, I like to leave on a positive note, but this morning, frankly, I just can't find one.

Yours in lamenting this broken pile of pixels,
    ShuttlePilot
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Well said. I've dropped back to just once a day of basic maintenance. It's not too bad and a lot less frustrating. There's no real fun or sense of achievement anymore when it's an achievement just to be able to do anything. It has been nice to be able to reclaim some lost time. There is not really any other game like this, which is one thing they have going for them, but I do have a stupid amount of random unplayed Steam games to explore.

If you think Halloween and Christmas will be bad, imagine trying to play a Valentine's event like this. I have little faith that the game-breaking bugs will be addressed before then, and the amount of people available to cooperate with will be decimated in any case.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    You NAILED it ShuttlePilot... sad the state the game is in now.

World
    Ares
    Well said ShuttlePilot.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezrea View Post
    At the adventure island:
    1. a lot of times I can not retreat a generals, because the retreatment widow is not allowed me to click to retreat my generals.
    2. some time, when I send a general for attack a different general goes instead.
    3. during attack, never finished attack, and have to go back to the main island and then go back to the adventure island then already finished attack. It is pain that have to go back and forward to finished the adventures.
    that last appears to be specific to certain adventures. I never came across it until I did the venture 'one step ahead' and then I did about 5 of those and every single one I had the problem, never had it happen to me doing ywc or the simpler adventures.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    its great doing all these things but there is still a few thing that are bugging me more than just the generals or mail and these are as follows we do not know when your guild members are on line as there is no green dot next to there avatar at the base off the screen the game still takes 3 to 4 mins to load up and then you are still getting zone refresh slowing the game down

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    that last appears to be specific to certain adventures. I never came across it until I did the venture 'one step ahead' and then I did about 5 of those and every single one I had the problem, never had it happen to me doing ywc or the simpler adventures.
    I had this happen to me on Wood Cutter (that was the only adventure I've had it happen on), though that was back in August I believe and I have not run that again since.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I sent 2 Vargus to a Raiding the Raiders co-op. I loaded one with the appropriate troops, moved him into position to attack. When he got there, I clicked him to send the attack, and he had no troops assigned.

The troops I had assigned to him had magically gone to the other Vargus.

How can this happen?

Reply to Thread