Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [Dev Diary] Halloween Event 2021

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Hammer Man every_single_zone_refresh this morning which of course was every_single_minute. Just had another guild member say they are leaving the game. I am sensing a mass migration over to Steam and other gaming options. . .

What should have been the kick off for one of the most fun times of the year here (i.e., holiday season) -- has been incredibly frustrating at best, and tortuous at worst.

After the close of this event, I will put my entire island back to sleep and just sign in enough to keep active status so that Guild Leader doesn't auto-roll to the next person (if *that* feature even works these days....).

In abject disappointment,
    SP
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Thanks for the extra 3 days. That doesn't make up for all the issues, but it helps some to have some extra time for more loot.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    The "zone refreshing" on adventures is bad. But it is almost unbearable when on other people's islands. When I'm just landing on another person's island and it's already in the midst of a zone refresh, that is just horrible. Pretty sad when it takes about 10 min or more just to buff 2-3 buildings or to douse a golem. And playing Russian roulette on whether a gen will be able to retreat or not, or whether Scout post or Love tree will work or not isn't any fun either. Oh and don't get me started on the glitch of when you are about to move or attack with a gen and another gen finishes setting up his garrison, the game automatically switches to the gen that just finished setting up his garrison. So you end up attacking with or moving the wrong gen.

Not gonna lie, it's very frustrating. And what is even more depressing is the amount of people not in game often anymore (on Ares) which is killing the sense of community that we had within the guilds. Trade house is one page of trades. Two on a really good day. And global chat is probably no more then about a dozen people on a good day.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Twice tonight I tried to go to different guildie's islands and had the continuous spinning hourglass and in one instance, not being able to get home. And in the 2nd instance not being able to get to the person's island. In both instances, the game got "stuck" between islands. Really, really frustrating. How are we supposed to do "trick/buff" quests when the game is like this???

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    For anyone who hasn't run across it yet, PFB no longer functions the same. You have to wait until the friend buff runs out before reapplying it. Otherwise, it may just disappear and not work.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Today has been epic. And not in a good way. Went to go drop a PFB on someone THREE times this morning. And all three times my game had me stuck between my island and their island with just a spinning spinning hour glass. Had to reload 4 times.

Went to do an AE. Sent a gen to attack a camp, then game selected a different gen to attack the camp. I went to retreat said gen, it retreated a different gen. So I lost some Xbow. Not a big deal for me as I'm a long time player & have plenty of Xbows and can make more Xbowmen. But not cool for the newer players who won't be swimming in resources

Stop buffed NINE rainbow snow so I could activate my Love Tree. And of course, surprise surprise, Love tree would NOT activate. So I ended up wasting nine stop buffs and what was left of the nine rainbow snow. For me, not such a big deal as I've been around the game for years and have over 300 rainbow snow. But to the newer players who may not have tons of the really good buffs, this would not be cool.

This is getting beyond ridiculous. I don't buy stuff to have them not work. You expect us to go over to other people's islands and drop 50 tricks and get others to drop 50 tricks on us when often times we can barely even get over to someone else's island.

As for feedback about the event. Here's one bit of feedback. The calendar. What is with some of the doors? The one with 10 Carriages. The "choose" door where I took 10 mortar. And the extra special one of 3 book fittings. THREE book fittings. I can make more book fittings in one cycle of my one ornamental smith UNBUFFED. These pittance for doors are a big slap in the face to the players that are already getting slapped in the face with a game that is pretty much unpredictable if it or various things in it will even work. And for some, having the game barely even work at all.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    ^^^^

add to that... scout.. i have 5... i worked my game butt off to get them... annd... do they work after the proper cool down.. nope.. i'm at 24 hour cool down

obs -- i have normally 24 hr cooldown.. but not now.. now its random.. some days it works -- some days not

love tree- what sg73 and everyone else said.. i've used copious machine oils.. but im running out.. and shouldn't have cause i BOUGHT THE LOVE TREES.. for this and valentines.

and as everyone else said - most of my buffs have to self dropped cause no one can get to my island w/o locking up their game.

favs this week -- trying to drop pumpkin refill on small.. it dbl dropped thanks to the zr... soo now they are filled til dec 8..
    and
    storm - picked up shovel to drop - it zr'd -- i hadn't even CLICKED any spots yet.. it dropped decomp... and caked the adv... so i was out all the salt, gp, grout etc etc etc.. for that.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post

and as everyone else said - most of my buffs have to self dropped cause no one can get to my island w/o locking up their game.
    the only time I noticed this being a problem is when players come from an adventure to try and visit an island. I tried it once and I had to reload the game but if I go back to my island and just visit someone else there is no problem. Even then it is usually only when the island is heavily built up.

this game takes a lot of memory now, so people with older computers, poorer computers aren't going to have the same experience as someone with better computers. mine is 4 years old now but was a good pc originally. I am rather doubtful BB will ever be able to fix some of these issues for some players. If they want people on older computers to be able to play this game they should consider a 5-10 gb download that stays on people's pc so a lot of this stuff isn't getting pushing back and forth all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    And what is even more depressing is the amount of people not in game often anymore (on Ares) which is killing the sense of community that we had within the guilds. Trade house is one page of trades. Two on a really good day.
    I am rather doubtful there actually is a lot less people playing - there doesn't appear to be in my guild. I think a lot of people may not be using chat since it is very glitchy at times but if you look at the number of people who are active there is a lot relatively speaking.

And the trade house you just can't go by the number of pages. I mentioned this elsewhere but you actually don't see all the trades unless you search for items and even then who knows. I just know one person on trade chat asked someone to buy his stuff the other day and no one could see his trade but if you searched for the item then you could.

World
    Zeus
    That's right Narasn facts don't matter it's what you believe that's true!

"I am rather doubtful there actually is a lot less people playing..." - Narasn

What a ridiculous thing to say.

I am glad your Guild is still intact it must be the only one on Zeus that is -- given the comments elsewhere on this Forum. Stay in denial and keep being the apologist for BB so that they can take comfort and continue to blame people's computers for the problems they created...

These are the same people that have computers that are able to run other games and programs on platforms like Steam, etc. just fine but can't play 'The Settlers Online' since the switch to the Client and/or then Unity and believe it or not they are no longer around 'The Settlers Online.' The current situation has devastated the number of active players in our Guild and many others.

I have an Alienware Aurora R8 and can play games like Civilization VI just fine which takes a lot more resources than a browser game like 'The Settlers Online' does and yet I cannot play 'The Settlers Online' like I could under Flash or even the 'Client' -- It must be my computer... HA HA HA!

Face the facts BB and Ubisoft took all the money from years of Gem sales and never put enough of it in a timely matter to avoid the fiasco of the end of Flash and their horrible transitions to the 'Client' and later to the Unity platform which should have been coded, tested, debugged, and finished before Flash ever ended. They had years to do this. And like they historically have done with many of their other games, they chose to pocket the money instead of invest in the long-term interests of their loyal patrons and similarly now with 'The Settlers Online.'

Ask yourself just one question and provide an honest answer... How many new players have you seen lately?

The number of veteran patrons still actively playing and the number of new patrons actively playing should be the real measures of whether the Unity platform for 'The Settlers Online' is actually playable or hugely successful.

Perhaps BB and Ubisoft would like to provide that information -- I sure the facts would look far more interesting on a graph charted over time than your doubtful opinions...

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Very well said Pteris. This is not new behavior for BB, just on a grander scale.Their first response to any problem has been its players issue. Feel like i'm talking to the cable or phone company!

Reply to Thread