Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [Dev Diary] Halloween Event 2021

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    That's right Narasn facts don't matter it's what you believe that's true!

"I am rather doubtful there actually is a lot less people playing..." - Narasn

What a ridiculous thing to say.

I am glad your Guild is still intact it must be the only one on Zeus that is -- given the comments elsewhere on this Forum. Stay in denial and keep being the apologist for BB so that they can take comfort and continue to blame people's computers for the problems they created...

These are the same people that have computers that are able to run other games and programs on platforms like Steam, etc. just fine but can't play 'The Settlers Online' since the switch to the Client and/or then Unity and believe it or not they are no longer around 'The Settlers Online.' The current situation has devastated the number of active players in our Guild and many others.

I have an Alienware Aurora R8 and can play games like Civilization VI just fine which takes a lot more resources than a browser game like 'The Settlers Online' does and yet I cannot play 'The Settlers Online' like I could under Flash or even the 'Client' -- It must be my computer... HA HA HA!

Face the facts BB and Ubisoft took all the money from years of Gem sales and never put enough of it in a timely matter to avoid the fiasco of the end of Flash and their horrible transitions to the 'Client' and later to the Unity platform which should have been coded, tested, debugged, and finished before Flash ever ended. They had years to do this. And like they historically have done with many of their other games, they chose to pocket the money instead of invest in the long-term interests of their loyal patrons and similarly now with 'The Settlers Online.'

Ask yourself just one question and provide an honest answer... How many new players have you seen lately?

The number of veteran patrons still actively playing and the number of new patrons actively playing should be the real measures of whether the Unity platform for 'The Settlers Online' is actually playable or hugely successful.

Perhaps BB and Ubisoft would like to provide that information -- I sure the facts would look far more interesting on a graph charted over time than your doubtful opinions...
    I have seen a lot of new players - new players aren't having the problems the high levels do because they don't have heavily built islands and as many generals/explorers. The most active player in my guild is a new player. It actually is odd you decided to ask that question because I have seen more new players after unity than I was before unity. I am not playing on Zeus through, it appears that server must be dying given the remarks for the last 2 years or so about it. This person I mentioned here was a new player.
    I just know one person on trade chat asked someone to buy his stuff the other day and no one could see his trade but if you searched for the item then you could.
    I have an Alienware Aurora R8 and can play games like Civilization VI just fine which takes a lot more resources than a browser game like 'The Settlers Online' does and yet I cannot play 'The Settlers Online' like I could under Flash or even the 'Client' -- It must be my computer... HA HA HA!
    some things are pc dependant and some aren't that business of your pc freezing up is obviously a pc issue since not all players get that.

The number of veteran patrons still actively playing and the number of new patrons actively playing should be the real measures of whether the Unity platform for 'The Settlers Online' is actually playable or hugely successful.
    yes well when you have a large number of players, playing on the old client - even BB doesn't know that. It probably actually would be beneficial if they did

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    To say this game is thriving based on scarce limited factual data is asinine. no game that runs 10 years thrives, its damage control and to prevent retention at this point. New content will return some, and gather new ones, but outside of that.. its limited. You all are just assuming and theres zero statistics available to know this. You can try to correlate it with current new members, sparsly in chat, maybe trade offers, or posts here... but thats limited. We have more people joining this year too, compared to the last 3 years, i mean yeah its only 2 people but its more than 1 lol.

This game was never a popular game in the NA's, ares and zeus were underpopulated even from the beginning compared to EU servers, based upon server vrs server events circa 2013. (yeah im pretty sure because our server preformed so poorly, they had to alter the events to never do it again, aka now anniversiary event, you know that contribution event, thats failed 5/7 times so far).

While i find this to be the nicest sandbox builder via F2P browser based compared to a lot of others that sprang up (ikariam, evony.. etc) over the past, its still a love or hate game with no instant rewards, and the rewards you do get take years of past events to fund future events.
    Ive seen more people vanish into thin air overnight once they get main island done, and find out they need to grind 1-2 hour adv's from then on out.. a totally new aspect and total game changer than what one was used to when they cruised through the main island via 90% quests.

while they did alleviate some aspects like stalk majors (50), cheap bundles, more ways to acquire gems for pits, gifting, and many new generals in every event, the base events that reoccur every year, still apply the same fundemental broken principals. Unless noobs are heavily funded in guilds, and also with event resources, they quite simply get stuck in quite a crappy game design. this is even important on when you start as well.. otherwise you might not have anything tangible for months.

A new person started in my guild sometime around anni event, too bad everything in the event merchant costed gems, started late, but got the free mailer.
    ween event i offed 24 snow, 48 snacks,and dropped a pfb for nothing... they did there leg work with doing some adventures, and bought refillers at a loss on trade (but buffs x8 so it was beneficial to them). enough for YGG and witches and some other nice things.
    so come christmas in a month... ill make in one day what they can bring back in the entire event... so i'll drop them, idk 10k+ for gens/explorers/transports.

i only reference this, because the alternate scenario without a lot of help, is they quite simply wont earn much of anything (or the things that really matter) out of any event merchants for YEARS themselves being griefed by explorer count. (ill give them credit with majors at level 50, half the events are reasonable now, like v-day, easter, ween).. butThis alone is enough to make people quit.

sorry but bad game design, i cant see explaining to someone that this game is great, but you know to really enjoy it, you need severe generosity, to invest like 2 years and/or 100$ up front for pits to get anywhere meaningful.

p.s. unity is a trainwreck, keep denying it, but feel free to, i dont know, go click up top for the EU servers threads, click german servers, and go find the anniversiary event 200 pages, or even the ween one thats probably over 400 pages now and tell me theres limited confined issues, and people are pissed off for no reason. 7 pages on here doesn't even come close to what players post globally.

https://forum.diesiedleronline.de/th...ersion/page393 - there now you can see BB responses, and players rage about "how all their PC's underpreform".

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    anyone else have the wrong limit for blue trees?

i had 3 on my isle.. 2 from last year 1 from gifted quest or calendar - cant remember.. and 1 in star.. so i know i didn't buy 2. but its got a limit of 2 .. is it year over year limit??

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    anyone else have the wrong limit for blue trees?

i had 3 on my isle.. 2 from last year 1 from gifted quest or calendar - cant remember.. and 1 in star.. so i know i didn't buy 2. but its got a limit of 2 .. is it year over year limit??
    Is the same as last year. You got one from completing the ritual quests and one available for sale in the merchant for a total of 2. The other colors are all from purchase.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I have seen a lot of new players - new players aren't having the problems the high levels do because they don't have heavily built islands and as many generals/explorers.
    Ill give due credit for factual statements, and there is truth within this, and its very easy to test. Everything that i have read, has me to believe theres a multitude of causes.

all players are recieving the zone refreshes, and the majority of current bugs that exist. However, regarding how unity was copy/pasted over, its coding needs solid rework, and computers in general are not the main cause. (albeit there is some load improvements by having a better one).
    even germans have tested the same PC on different networks to have varying results, the same goes with old client (no issues), to using unity (many issues) on the same PC.

Its quite easy to test new islands, just go make a new account on a EU server, game works very well, in fact my boot on unity was < 1 minute... now my main island with 500 workyards, 1000+ decorations, and anything else thats active/animated, takes anywhere from 10-18 minutes to boot.. on top of that, anyone who attempts to load it, generally crashes, why because they get the pleasure of now also loading 4000+ images one by one. Individuals on old client, had no issues in the game what-so-ever visiting it but still had far less loading time, since it does not use the current unity loader.

Im no IT tech or expert, but this is the best explanation ive found, and if you open chromes developers tools, you can physically see this when you boot your island.

"Loading screen: the browser makes a HEAD request to the Ubi server for each sprite / graphic to check whether it is up to date. If it fits, the graphic is fetched from the local cache, if not, it is sent from the server.

That alone is massive overhead and means stress for the Ubi server. And: the whole thing happens largely sequentially - that is, picture for picture and beautifully one after the other. Parallel processing of JavaScript (and that works there) is basically not possible."

so theres that, which explains islands loading times.

then every 15 seconds or so, the zone refresh will occur, and unity will try to dump assets to free up memory..yet none ever is. this hangs my main, but not on a noob account. I guessing its rechecking everything available, which depending on how much crap you own, makes it so much worse. now with the old client, i feel like it didn't do this at all, but rather over time, it would eventually crash the client, prompting a refresh. maybe someone with coding games can enlighten us.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Folks, please stop attacking each other and take that as a final warning.

This topic focuses on event feedback - not on "general" technical issues with the game - we have other threads for that.

If you have feedback about the event - what you would like to see, what you think might be different, or something similar, feel free to post it. Posting about issues with the game, although they are known to us and everyone else, and have their own dedicated threads, does not change anything.

After each event, we collect feedback and send it to the development team so they can make changes in the future event. We are constantly working on the game and in the background to fix all technical issues.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    The Dev diary stating the bundle will be available during the event, yet the bundles being locked during the event is frustrating.

Suggestion for future events, if bundles are available, please do not lock players out of purchasing the bundle. If the issue is related to general limits, state that upfront and let players know exactly why they are locked out purchasing bundles. This applies to both the event goods bundles as well as gem purchase bundles.

thank you

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie_the_cat View Post
    The Dev diary stating the bundle will be available during the event, yet the bundles being locked during the event is frustrating.

Suggestion for future events, if bundles are available, please do not lock players out of purchasing the bundle. If the issue is related to general limits, state that upfront and let players know exactly why they are locked out purchasing bundles. This applies to both the event goods bundles as well as gem purchase bundles.

thank you
    I got the sense that the bundles were just broken and nobody knew why. I could not buy any bundles from prior years. Did I buy all of them before? Did I exceed the quantity allowed? I don't know, maybe. I ended up just buying all the trees instead. I'll probably end up deleting most of them eventually since this multiple buildings speed concept is stupid but having multiple buildings with multiple colors is taking it to the next level. I'll get something out of them at least for now, though.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie_the_cat View Post

thank you
    Third this -- i was only able to buy 1 bundle. most of my guildies who bought 1 got 2 new locked.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    The issue with "Locked Bundles" is known to us. We're investigating, and we will do our best to make it clear for the next events.

Reply to Thread