Reply to Thread

Thread: Storage problem with explorer-found buffs and adventures

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Storage problem with explorer-found buffs and adventures

If an explorer returns with products, they are sent to the storehouse. If he/she returns with a buff, you get the message it is undefined and you need more storage. If it is an adventure, it is still undefined but then is named.
    Attached Images

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingLoki View Post
    If an explorer returns with products, they are sent to the storehouse. If he/she returns with a buff, you get the message it is undefined and you need more storage. If it is an adventure, it is still undefined but then is named.
    that appears to be a display problem or at least was on the test server

World
    Zeus
    Same here; this one I caught in the act:

Does this for EVERY adventure found by explorers. BTW, this is new and did not start occurring until the most recent update, and it's related 'hot-fixes'.

PS - This got me thinking, is there now a limit to the number of adventures we can store??? A change that was made/added that we were not informed of? And in any case, what is/has happened to these items, is TSO just trashing them never to be seen again? This is a more scary message than it first appeared now that I think about it. The wording of the message makes no indication that the items were added to star as it does for most other resource items.

PPS - Ran a quick test (While using Client) and a WC found by an explorer DID add to the inventory of existing adventures, and while in Client mode that error does not present itself. I will run the same test the next time an explorer returns with a WC adventure and accept it in Unity.

PPPS - Okay, ran the same test while running in Unity, despite the funky error messages and such, the adventures DO indeed go to storage.
    Last edited by Raubhautz; 10-22-21 at 03:27 pm. Reason: Add additional Findings.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Same here; this one I caught in the act:

Does this for EVERY adventure found by explorers. BTW, this is new and did not start occurring until the most recent update, and it's related 'hot-fixes'.

PS - This got me thinking, is there now a limit to the number of adventures we can store??? A change that was made/added that we were not informed of? And in any case, what is/has happened to these items, is TSO just trashing them never to be seen again? This is a more scary message than it first appeared now that I think about it. The wording of the message makes no indication that the items were added to star as it does for most other resource items.

PPS - Ran a quick test (While using Client) and a WC found by an explorer DID add to the inventory of existing adventures, and while in Client mode that error does not present itself. I will run the same test the next time an explorer returns with a WC adventure and accept it in Unity.
    I thought they broke that client - it is far past the time they did. There is no fairness in events when one group of people is handicapped so badly by their game.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I thought they broke that client - it is far past the time they did. There is no fairness in events when one group of people is handicapped so badly by their game.

Lol! Really? So, you're the sort of person who would cut the baby in half so that nobody can have it rather than another be happy (Solomon Judgement story for religious parable)??? That says a lot about your character. I hope that I misread your response.

Nobody wants to run the Client. The game, as it is, in its Unity configuration is a total POS and not playable as intended. The fact that there is an option to play the game via otherwise legitimate software (no unlawful, unscheduled or otherwise nefarious information is altered/added/changed) should be seen as a boon. Look, if you, or anyone else reading this, feels they need help in setting up the Client mode to use until BB gets TSO working again, reach me in-game (or here, though I check forums a little less often).

Cheers and have a good day.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Lol! Really? So, you're the sort of person who would cut the baby in half so that nobody can have it rather than another be happy (Solomon Judgement story for religious parable)??? That says a lot about your character. I hope that I misread your response.

Nobody wants to run the Client. The game, as it is, in its Unity configuration is a total POS and not playable as intended. The fact that there is an option to play the game via otherwise legitimate software (no unlawful, unscheduled or otherwise nefarious information is altered/added/changed) should be seen as a boon. Look, if you, or anyone else reading this, feels they need help in setting up the Client mode to use until BB gets TSO working again, reach me in-game (or here, though I check forums a little less often).

Cheers and have a good day.
    then they should stop running the events if they can't get unity to work right. I am guessing when they compensate us for all this unity crap, you will have your hand out for the freebies as well even though you haven't been playing on there.

and BB has stated we aren't supposed to be playing on the client - so yes it is 'unlawful' if you want to use that word. If they want to come on now and say okay to using the client and provide everyone with instructions that would be great but you know they aren't going to do that. So one group of people is playing with unity and being extremely handicapped and the other isn't.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you for the reports, we're looking into this.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Oct 27
    I am still losing buffs, adventures and refill items. Products are being added to storehouse.

I am checking mail before clicking the storehouse button. If there is a buff, adventure or add-to-deposit, I am leaving it in the mailbox. That means I am losing out on XP and other necessary prizes until this problem is fixed.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i just tested w/ buffs.. i did it w/ choco ones as it was super easy that way.

so they 'appear' to not arrive.. but they DO.

here are screenshots start to finish -- had 1 viscous choc and 2 choc arrows, at the 2nd to last screenshot . you can see no uptick in count.. but a few sec later... poof they're in there. I haven't tested w/ refills.
    i received 2 gems in a bonus email from dilly too - and those counted up properly (however i noted the bounce notice only shows up for group collection)

Reply to Thread