Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the Pirate Explorer supposed to be slower than the Tavern Explorers?

Noble
    World
    Ares

Is the Pirate Explorer supposed to be slower than the Tavern Explorers?

It doesn't say anywhere in his description that he has a speed penalty, yet his searches take twice as long as the tavern explorers. Intentional and forgot to add the info, or bugged?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    pretty sure that is missing info - he would be too op otherwise.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    pretty sure that is missing info - he would be too op otherwise.
    How? All he brings back is map fragments or a small amount of coins (I am not even dignifying the weapon drop). Even at his highest chance, it is still only a quarter of a percent chance of getting a premium of pfb token, and even if he had tavern speeds of two days per prolonged that is still an average of 800 days or over two years to get just one. In what way is that OP?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    How? All he brings back is map fragments or a small amount of coins (I am not even dignifying the weapon drop). Even at his highest chance, it is still only a quarter of a percent chance of getting a premium of pfb token, and even if he had tavern speeds of two days per prolonged that is still an average of 800 days or over two years to get just one. In what way is that OP?
    I am pretty sure your calculation is off because what person in their right mind would waste pumpkins on one for a chance at the good reward once in two years.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Ick. This is the worst explorer by far. I'd rather just have a savage scout. The ability to return these buffs is nice, but not with a near 0% chance. I do like that they published the odds, though.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I am pretty sure your calculation is off because what person in their right mind would waste pumpkins on one for a chance at the good reward once in two years.
    nope. says right there: 0.25%

not 25%. not 2.5%. it is 0.25% or 1 in 400 meaning a 2 day per try turnaround would be 800 days on average. But you don't have to worry, no one wasted any pumpkins for a chance at the good reward once in two years, because the pirate is only half as fast as the tavern, so he takes 4 days per try, and that makes it once every four years!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    nope. says right there: 0.25%

not 25%. not 2.5%. it is 0.25% or 1 in 400 meaning a 2 day per try turnaround would be 800 days on average. But you don't have to worry, no one wasted any pumpkins for a chance at the good reward once in two years, because the pirate is only half as fast as the tavern, so he takes 4 days per try, and that makes it once every four years!
    lol - I actually always ignore the drop rates quoted in this game because I don't think they are constant (i.e. I think they play with them). I think it was valentine's when we were doing 2nd thief and getting so many ToW - there is no way they hadn't increased the drop rate of that then.

that reward actually makes no sense - so you could wait 4 years for it and get one day of premium ... they gave a breakdown of the coins amounts and the rate but no breakdown for the premium days and pfb.

I had mine come back earlier from a prolonged search and I forgot it was coming and I just group looted so I have no idea what he brought back now. They didn't put these new items on the test server this time for some strange reason.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    well those are the only numbers we have right now sadly. Although I can allow for some doubt to their validity given that

61.77 + 18.5 + 11.25 + 5.25 + 0.25 + 4.9 = 101.92%

So apparently we have a ~102% chance of getting a drop. Bad math or multiple drops per return?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I got one just on principle as I always get the free expos (expos for event currency) when ever I can. But ya. Best being .25% is pretty crappy.

I think BB is counting on many people not doing the math on him and just seeing that he can bring back Premi & PFB tokens and then blowing gems to get more of him thinking they'll be getting tons of those tokens

Reply to Thread