Reply to Thread

Thread: We deserve the truth is this rumor true?

World
    Zeus

We deserve the truth is this rumor true?

At has been in chat for the last few weeks that this game is coming to an end. I have checked in with computer gamers that are programmers, 3D modelers, texture artists, concept artists, etc. they have checked out this game and have all said it is not compatible with Unity. Also saying no matter what fixes you try to do is not going to work and will just create another problem.
    Talk has been said that it will be done in the next 3-4 mths, I think we all deserve and explanation. Are you trying a different approach then Unity behind the scenes and if so are you going to work also behind the scenes before you actually put it out to us to make more people quit? You keep throwing the events and gems sales out there when a game is not even working to it capability. Making it hard on everyone that has stuck by you until the end which like I mentioned earlier looks like soon.
    I have seen you make $millions$ already without this game, all we are asking is a up front answer where are you going from here if going anywhere. The answer should not be "Our team are working hard behind the scenes to fix the issues" the only and always answer we get.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    well they have been working on 'fixing' it for almost a year now and don't seem to be making much progress but you would have thought they had enough of their own people in those sorts of positions who could have told them it wouldn't work on unity if that was the case. So why waste money on making it in the first place?

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconGuy View Post
    At has been in chat for the last few weeks that this game is coming to an end. I have checked in with computer gamers that are programmers, 3D modelers, texture artists, concept artists, etc. they have checked out this game and have all said it is not compatible with Unity. Also saying no matter what fixes you try to do is not going to work and will just create another problem.
    Talk has been said that it will be done in the next 3-4 mths, I think we all deserve and explanation. Are you trying a different approach then Unity behind the scenes and if so are you going to work also behind the scenes before you actually put it out to us to make more people quit? You keep throwing the events and gems sales out there when a game is not even working to it capability. Making it hard on everyone that has stuck by you until the end which like I mentioned earlier looks like soon.
    I have seen you make $millions$ already without this game, all we are asking is a up front answer where are you going from here if going anywhere. The answer should not be "Our team are working hard behind the scenes to fix the issues" the only and always answer we get.
    It's difficult to comment on the rumors as I will see a new one every day and players will expect me to respond.

In the last community update, we clearly stated the following:

As stated in one of our earlier messages, our goal is not to keep the Settlers alive but to make them better than ever.
    I suggest you and anyone else in doubt: please read the latest community update carefully as this is official information that you should take above all rumors.

We will provide more updates soon.

World
    Ares
    What we fail to see (right in front of us) is how difficult it is for folks to admit they made a mistake (this happens to all of us) and when you run a very popular world wide game, it is even harder!!!!

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by MikaJ View Post
    What we fail to see (right in front of us) is how difficult it is for folks to admit they made a mistake (this happens to all of us) and when you run a very popular world wide game, it is even harder!!!!
    As you and everyone else know, Flash support is over. If we wanted to keep the game alive we had to move it to a different engine/technology which we did. We both know the transition did not go as we expected, but we are doing everything we can to fix the issues and change the state to what we want to see.

Could we have done better - well, who looks to the past and doesn't see things he would do better? We can't change the past, but we can improve the future, and that's what we're doing now for all of the Settlers.

Please remember that porting a game to completely new technology is a very complicated process, and it's not just about the game itself, but everything around the game - support, tools, infrastructure, and so on.

We take the feedback very seriously, so we want to thank you for them.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Frustrating part for many of us is most of us do play other games who faced the demise of flash also, but passed the test with flying colors.

World
    Zeus
    Want Feedback... Hire enough, sufficient, adequate, ample, and abundant "support, tools, infrastructure, and so on" including the necessary number of coders to rewrite the whole game (if necessary) and fix it so it is not only actually playable but enjoyable again. In fact, you should make it better!

Besides the multitude of known bug issues detailed in this Forum, you have years of great Forum suggestions on what and how to improve 'The Settlers Online' that include but are not limited to: ways to reduce daily maintenance times so there's more time to actually play the game, reduction of the number of clicks necessary to do routine things in the game, and ways to improve deploying generals, geologists, and explorers to mention a few.

But unless Blue Byte and Ubisoft actually make a major commitment to get the job done quickly, (and I am very doubtful at this point that will ever happen) if and when you do fix the bugs and/or make improvements --> there wont be much of 'The Settlers Online' community left to offer it to.

Of course I am willing to be surprised and commend those responsible for the tremendous successful effort if that ever actually comes to pass during my lifetime...

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I just popped in for the first time since the beginning of the Halloween event when I gave up. Mail seems faster, but I'm still not seeing an especially playable Christmas event. It took just as long as before to load in. Merchant froze up after the first purchase. Quest book lags still.

It's been like a year now. It a lost cause at this point. It simply has been too long to expect more than a tiny little percentage of flash era players to stay. Even if sometime in the distant future the game is returned to its original state, you would have to regrow basically the entire base from scratch. Original success does not guarantee a return to success, especially since this era of brokenness is going to haunt BB/Ubi for a long time. Who will still be around to recommend the game to others?

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    I just popped in for the first time since the beginning of the Halloween event when I gave up. Mail seems faster, but I'm still not seeing an especially playable Christmas event. It took just as long as before to load in. Merchant froze up after the first purchase. Quest book lags still.
    We didn't have any update after the Halloween event yet. The early version is available on the test server and the final one will be rolled out to the live server before the Christmas event.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    We didn't have any update after the Halloween event yet. The early version is available on the test server and the final one will be rolled out to the live server before the Christmas event.
    yeah why do you do that, not test the 'final' version before you roll it out live.

Reply to Thread