Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] An update from the “The Settlers Online” Team

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    What improvements? It is the same as normal for me except for the buggy event.
    The improvement on are the TEST server....check it out.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS
    Buffs: Fixed an issue that made a Prestigious Friend Buff disappear after a few hours
    Buffs: Fixed an issue that prevented Guild Certificates from increasing the size of a guild
    Rewards: Defeating sector bosses will yield loot again
    UI: Fixed an issue that caused star menu items to be incorrectly displayed as disabled
    UI: Finishing a quest will no longer cause the Questbook to jump to the top
    Zone Error: Fixed an issue causing locked zones

save you all the time, thats great, some of those are helpful, but major underlying issues still remain it seems?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    And Life goes on as they say. Truth is it is a choice. One each of us has made over the years. We put up with this crap because we cant find another way to spend the time here. It is not perfect far from it. But we are all still here. I used to get so excited to play I was having a really good time so many friends, laughs, smiles, giggles. Now all we can do is drag ourselves out of bed once again to fight with the server see how much we can do before a zone refresh. Blah Blah Blah. I have come to the realization they dont care. We can beg, we can cry, we can shout, we can stomp our foot, we can quite for the 110th time. They dont care. So it is a choice. Keep playing enjoy your friends hope for something to give and move on. In the end all that is in our control is how we spend our time and money. DO NOT give then anymore money, and choose how much time you spend. Nobody sends out explorers anymore I tried during Halloween, Its a game people not a job so nope BB I wont spend over a hr 3 times a day making my hands cramp to click a button 15 times an explorer to get it to finally go out. I dont need another event you want gems well from me your gonna have to earn them. Your not getting my hard earned money for you to sit on your rump for close to a year and all you have accomplished is putting us on outdated servers to be moved again, WOO HOO. Yay you!! This is your business you BB make your income off how well you convience us the player to purchase your virtual funds and or your other pay to play games. If you have so little respect for this game why would I go play another designed by your team. What all these players keep saying over and over and over is can we just play the game please. Adventuring is the game generals going to and from and attacking is the game, you BB keep asking us to just have patience. Sending explorers is the game they bring supplies back that are nessissary to play. Trade is the game being able to set fine and buy trades is the game. Not being able to complete pathfinder weekly due to the marble bug is the game. Not being able to trade PFB is the game having a zone refresh take out the last 5 minutes of your play is not OK. YOU BB needs a good long kick in the pants and wake up. While you keep asking for everybody to just wait a little longer to be so vague to think we do not notice we are being strung alone. Well we are not going anywhere BB. But that being said players we have to wake up too and come to the realizaion we may never get back to our game as we knew it. we have to choose how to play its our game to play we are not paid to play. I move that we smarten up stop whining about it and do something about it. Dont spend money on this game. and post in forum every single time the game is not playing to the level of standards prior to End Of Flash. SO every time the zone refreshed post it Post how long it takes to send an explorers. Post every general that screws up on an adventure Post every PFB that is lost post every screen shot of your buffs in star with the general names over them. Post every wrinkle every day by everybody. One of two things will finally happen we will break the forum lol or they will understand finally we are not going anywhere for our own personal reasons we have choosen to stay and play. For those that just want to nag it out we have tired that its not working lets give this a go what can it hurt we might even feel better telling poor little BB all our problems.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie_the_cat View Post
    The improvement on are the TEST server....check it out.
    I did, I don't see any. What do you think improved?

Quote Originally Posted by RantNRave View Post
    CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS
    Buffs: Fixed an issue that made a Prestigious Friend Buff disappear after a few hours
    Buffs: Fixed an issue that prevented Guild Certificates from increasing the size of a guild
    Rewards: Defeating sector bosses will yield loot again
    UI: Fixed an issue that caused star menu items to be incorrectly displayed as disabled
    UI: Finishing a quest will no longer cause the Questbook to jump to the top
    Zone Error: Fixed an issue causing locked zones

save you all the time, thats great, some of those are helpful, but major underlying issues still remain it seems?
    so they fixed some bugs - that isn't what I consider 'improvements'. Plus they introduced more bugs new bugs in that update.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 11-29-21 at 05:51 am.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    This game is done for. They are too incompetent to fix this mess. Since the Unity downgrade back in July, despite all the negative feedback about it, the only thing they "fixed" is a stupid email issue and gem store issue. They completely ignore the core problems the game has. All they ever say is how they are "looking" into solutions. Translation: "We are clueless how to fix anything and will keep kicking the can down the road." So, months from now, which will probably be a year from the downgrade, they will say the same garbage on how they are looking for a "solution." They will continue to fix dumb crap like font size or a building has an extra brick but forget about anything substantial.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Cant even put a notification of who is on line lol!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Until the constant "zone refreshes" are fixed, nothing else matters.

Needing to complete the same task three times until it works is killing this game.

When you work to get your generals ready to send on an attack and a zone refresh (or 2) wipes out what you just did, it makes the game not worth playing.

World
    Zeus
    Every single "fix" maintenance they implement creates newer and bigger issues in other areas. The first patch they made for the Halloween event update created issues with every area buff building, the cooldown timers of those buildings show the correct cooldown for the number of buildings, but the actual cooldown is on a completely different timer that ignores the existence of the extra buildings. Nothing has been done to fix this issue, it's been weeks now since they created this issue and not even so much as a mention of a possible fix for it.

Another issue that has been created from one of these "fixes" that BB threw on us is that the ghost lanterns, Celebration lookouts and xmas trees do not work properly. So far, the xmas tree hasn't actually been effected yet, but only because there hasn't been any more of those to buy and place on the island, so since they all existed before the "fix" and haven't been moved or anything, they actually currently still produce the correct number of gifts every week. This is not true for the lookouts or the ghost lanterns. I have 8 ghost lanterns, I got 3 of these in the last event before Halloween event and I only get gifts every day from 5 of them, the other 3 never show up. Ghost lanterns, I had 6 of them and every week, I received 6 gifts from them, then I bought 3 more during Halloween, giving me 9, then suddenly I receive only 4 gifts one some weeks and 5 on other weeks, but never all 9. It's like the moment you alter your gift buildings, they no longer ever bring back more than one chest (which only holds max of 5) of gifts.

The problem with the gift buildings first appeared to me with the lookouts, when I got the 3 new ones, I sent in a report and when I got the response back from BB, they requested idiotic things like "which 3 lookouts weren't producing"? How in the Hell would I be able to determine that? It's not 3 specific ones that don't work, it's 3 out of the 8 that don't produce. If I click on one lookout, it collects from all 8 at once and only 5 gifts appear, I can click on a different one each day and the same result will occur each day, I can remove 3 and rotate around which 3 are removed and have the exact same result of 5 gifts every day, it's not specific buildings, it's the code for the returns of the gifts limiting the number to 5 period.

They also asked for screen shots of what was going on.......

How is it possible to take a screen shot of something not happening?

I can screen shot that I have 8 lookouts, I can screen shot one chest in star, I can screen shot 5 gifts in that one chest. How do I screen shot the non existence of the second chest or the 3 gifts that don't show up that are supposed to be in the non existent chest?

There are a lot more issues, but pretty much all or at least most of them are mentioned previously, but these issues I mentioned had not been previously mentioned anywhere that I have read, so I figured I would mention them here.

I get nervous every time I see a new maintenance, new event, new "hotfix" in the works because without fail, every single time one of those is implemented, they break more things, more crucial things than they fixed or implemented. It's like going into a hospital for a sliver in a finger and coming out with one less finger because they cut off the finger to remove the sliver. Sometimes, finding out that it was even the wrong finger that was cut off. Then going back for the sliver again and having the entire hand removed, only again to find out that they removed the wrong hand. At which point does the person realize to stop going to that hospital?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    No idea what you tried to fix but as usual it made things worse.
    Game will not load, has been hours now. Used to be hammerman now its the the brown loading progress bar that just never advances.
    How you manage to make things continuously worse is mind boggling. You are either the most inept organization on the planet or have the worst luck in the world, which is it ?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I see a lot of gem sales, will you be offering the additional increase of gems for first time gem purchaser anytime soon? (From a naïve player that wants to believe that you want to keep this game going)

Reply to Thread