Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Feedback] [Dev Diary] Christmas Event 2021

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    moving buildings is super broken... i spent an hour.. trying to move a noble res the other day... no errors got the "it costs this" moved it to green spot "are you sure it costs this" yes .. nothing happens.. ... same across a dozen or so buildings.. today im trying to move a steel weaps.. same crap. tried 8 times so far.. nothing . happens..

????

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I have had issues moving buildings as well.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    moving buildings is super broken... i spent an hour.. trying to move a noble res the other day... no errors got the "it costs this" moved it to green spot "are you sure it costs this" yes .. nothing happens.. ... same across a dozen or so buildings.. today im trying to move a steel weaps.. same crap. tried 8 times so far.. nothing . happens..

????
    Have had that same problem in the past week or so.

As it turns out........ when the confirmation window pops up, unless it was over the top of the new building spot, when I moved my cursor to click OK, the building would move slightly off of the green new space and then nothing happened when I clicked the check mark for OK.

After seeing this and realizing what was happening, I was able to slide my screen over and get in a position that didn't cause the building to jump off the green and moves were successful. It took a few tries to get my positioning right, but once I figured that part out moves worked almost every time.

I'm not saying it's not broken, but that was the workaround I found for the problem.

OK..... the Lead Soldiers buff.......... label says +300% for 24 hrs. When applied it actually is +200% for 6 hours. Seriously BB???? There is no excuse for these kind of "errors".

If your idea of "fixing it" is to change the labeling to conform to what the buff actually does then I'll just tear down the building and leave it in star menu until this game reaches the end of its agonizing death spiral.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 01-07-22 at 05:43 am. Reason: double post
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    A lot of "investigating" seems to be ongoing but as usual ZERO fixes during this event so far concerning these and other glaring "errors..."

One can only assume after the series of Event serial bait-and-switch buildings and buffs that have occurred over the last couple of years that this has become some kind of business strategy.

Something like, we can reskin the 'Lover's Statue' call it a 'Toy Factory' and call the 'True Soul Mate' buff the 'Lead Solders' buff since both were misrepresented in the Development Diary and Descriptions -- being far less than what was advertised!

And even though it's the same building as before, we can jack-up the upgrade costs on the 'Wonderous Winter Residence' because we know some players will upgrade it anyway and it will help "the game's economy..."

And for the coup de grâce we can make some of the Doors on the 'Event Calendar' use a Random Number Generator to dole out "Rewards."

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Have had that same problem in the past week or so.

As it turns out........ when the confirmation window pops up, unless it was over the top of the new building spot, when I moved my cursor to click OK, the building would move slightly off of the green new space and then nothing happened when I clicked the check mark for OK.

After seeing this and realizing what was happening, I was able to slide my screen over and get in a position that didn't cause the building to jump off the green and moves were successful. It took a few tries to get my positioning right, but once I figured that part out moves worked almost every time.

I'm not saying it's not broken, but that was the workaround I found for the problem..
    not sure i understand what you mean.. but i zoomed in as far as i can go.. moving a building from 1 spot in s9 to another also in s9.. l tried again .. nada zip zilch

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    not sure i understand what you mean.. but i zoomed in as far as i can go.. moving a building from 1 spot in s9 to another also in s9.. l tried again .. nada zip zilch
    The building you want to move will show up over a green space where you are trying to place it. Watch what the building does when you move your cursor to click OK. You'll see it move off of the green space and the move fails.

The trick is to get the confirmation screen to pop up over the top of the space you're moving to so the building doesn't move off the green space when you move your cursor to click OK.

Watch the building closely and you'll see what I mean. Good luck and hope it works for you.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    A lot of "investigating" seems to be ongoing but as usual ZERO fixes during this event so far concerning these and other glaring "errors..."

One can only assume after the series of Event serial bait-and-switch buildings and buffs that have occurred over the last couple of years that this has become some kind of business strategy.

Something like, we can reskin the 'Lover's Statue' call it a 'Toy Factory' and call the 'True Soul Mate' buff the 'Lead Solders' buff since both were misrepresented in the Development Diary and Descriptions -- being far less than what was advertised!

And even though it's the same building as before, we can jack-up the upgrade costs on the 'Wonderous Winter Residence' because we know some players will upgrade it anyway and it will help "the game's economy..."

And for the coup de grâce we can make some of the Doors on the 'Event Calendar' use a Random Number Generator to dole out "Rewards."
    And I doubt the devs even care, as we tell them what stuff is incorrect and they literally don't respond and or do anything to try and fix it. It almost feels as though they do it on purpose cause like you said, we'll just suck it up. We literally have to buy the stuff and use it to find out it doesn't work as advertised.

I admit, I was one that did upgrade the Winter Wonderous' residences cause I'm of the belief that next Xmas, these three Winter Wonderous will still say it needs 4500 of each grout and presents. Even if more are offered next Christmas and the upgrade price is corrected on those. I am thinking that we aren't gonna log in one day and see these ones saying 4500 and next day when Xmas event starts, suddenly have them saying the correct price. Though I'd be happy to get proven wrong Just like I'd be happy to get proven wrong that the devs actually DO want to fix and or make it right about the incorrect upgrade prices and such on stuff
    Last edited by SG73; 01-13-22 at 11:01 am. Reason: added info

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    And I doubt the devs even care, as we tell them what stuff is incorrect and they literally don't respond and or do anything to try and fix it. It almost feels as though they do it on purpose cause like you said, we'll just suck it up. We literally have to buy the stuff and use it to find out it doesn't work as advertised.

I admit, I was one that did upgrade the Winter Wonderous' residences cause I'm of the belief that next Xmas, these three Winter Wonderous will still say it needs 4500 of each grout and presents. Even if more are offered next Christmas and the upgrade price is corrected on those. I am thinking that we aren't gonna log in one day and see these ones saying 4500 and next day when Xmas event starts, suddenly have them saying the correct price. Though I'd be happy to get proven wrong Just like I'd be happy to get proven wrong that the devs actually DO want to fix and or make it right about the incorrect upgrade prices and such on stuff
    Based on what they're now saying the 4500 grout and 4500 presents are the correct prices. They had decided to rebalance the winter wondrous going into the event, we just didn't know about it. Why the ingame descriptions and developers guide were never updated to match the changes and why they spent 3 weeks telling us "they were investigating it" something they already knew the answer to is open to debate.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I can somewhat understand the grout rebalancing on the Wondrous, with the added production capability via the blacktrees and, more recently, the grout factory. But it sure seems like someone would have thought to update those upgrade costs in the merchant and elsewhere, kind of a grievous omission.

And I agree, Count_Rupert, whey the heck did they spend so much time telling us it was "under investigation" when they had apparently planned the increase beforehand?
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

Settler
    World
    Ares
    When are you people going to get tired of being kicked around , misled out and out lied to? Anyone who puts dime in this game must have serious issues.

I have since moved on to another game that I don't have to work at making it work. Brought few friends from here so the social part of Settlers is there and if possible it's a more helpful community than Settlers.

Reply to Thread