Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [Dev Diary] Christmas Event 2021

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i keep getting logged out today.. 6 times now this morning alone... i get a general error msg and poof back to log in page. then it takes 3 tries to log in (yes my pw is right i just get the general error)... stay logged in maybe 20 min.. and the poof kicked out??

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    i keep getting logged out today.. 6 times now this morning alone... i get a general error msg and poof back to log in page. then it takes 3 tries to log in (yes my pw is right i just get the general error)... stay logged in maybe 20 min.. and the poof kicked out??
    Had this happen to me this morning when I logged in as well (but before the game started up). I was able to connect again right away, but it seemed odd. Last thing I want with these load times is for the game to log me out when my island has loaded.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdave View Post
    I asked BB about this during Halloween, they said there is something in the package that exceeds the max limit, and why the package is locked. So there is a max limit for each items which they dont publish, which leads to more frustration because you dont know why its locked. It may not even have to do with the lucky, could be something else in the package. UGH.

Pretty sure it is the lucky in this case, or else why would the black market lucky lock up too?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The Wondrous Winter Residence is giving incorrect resources needed for the upgrade at level 8. Last year it was 1k Grout and 1k Presents. The Dev Diary says its 1k presents to fully upgrade, along with the note on the purchase in the gem shop.

Print screen of the upgrade Screen for Level 8: https://prnt.sc/23ojoz8
    Note in the Gem Shop: https://prnt.sc/23ojpi1
    Note from the TSO Wiki with level upgrade level. https://prnt.sc/23ojpup

Can this be resolved? Was this intended? Hopefully everyone finds this and doesnt find out at the end of the event and be short the resources to upgrade.
    yup i wish i saw this before i bought them. way 2 expensive

Settler
    World
    Ares
    The Wondrous Winter Residence is giving incorrect resources needed for the upgrade at level 8. Last year it was 1k Grout and 1k Presents. The Dev Diary says its 1k presents to fully upgrade, along with the note on the purchase in the gem shop.

Can this be resolved? Was this intended? Hopefully everyone finds this and doesnt find out at the end of the event and be short the resources to upgrade.
    Is BB gonna fix this or are we just stuck paying 4500 presents per wonderous to upgrade each wonderous? Advertising one thing and then finding out it's something else.....Seems like "Bait and Switch" to me. Though with BB, I'll be shocked if they even care to wanna fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop21 View Post
    yup i wish i saw this before i bought them. way 2 expensive
    Agreed!! Too expensive. Also a crap move on BB's part to advertise one cost to upgrade but then make it a higher cost when we actually go to upgrade it.

There are quests that require us to "buff friend's stuff". I go over to my friend/guildmate's island. I buff. I go home......Well I try to go home that is. 3 out of 4 times the game gets "stuck" between my friend/guildmate's island and mine. And I end up having to completely reload the game. And when it takes about 5-10 min for the island to fully load, this is utter crap. I shouldn't have to reload the game almost every time I visit another person's island

Tonight, I tried to look at my celebration lookout loot box. I open it. And all I'd get is a continuous spinning hour glass. So I try to click on the ghost ship loot box. Same thing happened there. When I collect these loot boxes, I expect to be able to see what I got from them.

And don't get me started on the Zone refreshing. Or the fact that y'all promised a "mass sending" feature for expos well over a year and a half ago and have produced nothing of the sort. And for a game that is not is a very playable state right now for many, I think being able to mass send out groups of expos would be a very welcome improvement while you guys take your time fixing the rest of the game
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 12-27-21 at 06:42 am. Reason: double post x3

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I'll upgrade my wondrous residences as the last thing I do with my presents, but I'm not expecting it to be fixed, though they have acknowledged they are aware of the issue.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Is the Christmas Market broken? Activating the buff only affects the workshops directly next to it, the other markets are not working. I do not think this is how it should work. Correct me if I am incorrect. Thanks.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Hi Pink_Robin, it sounds like you're only activating it at Level 1 ... the buff area expands with each upgrade - I think wiki shows the different levels and buff areas for each. You'll still always have a choice of which level to activate.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

As I said in the dedicated thread, we are investigating this. I will keep the thread updated.

World
    Zeus
    It is nice to confirm that 'The Settlers Online' Events have just become another opportunity for a bait-and-switch scheme...

"bait-and-switch" is defined as: "...the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods which are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods."

I could run down the list of bait-and-switch buildings and/or buffs starting with the "Titanium Turkey" a.k.a. 'Titanium Hen' that were advertised as one thing but actually turned out to be something less or use resources that cost more than the buff or produced item is worth but I am too busy waiting for the game to 'Zone Refresh' to determine what I actually was able to accomplish in-between 'Zone Refreshes...'

'The Settlers Online' has become a miserable game in which you spend more time waiting to play the game than playing it.

Gone is the ability to execute Adventures efficiently in a timely manner due to the General "Focus Bug."

Absent is the thriving Community of Friends and abundant Guild member activity. Heck you still cannot tell who is even online let alone communicate with the incessant interruptions from 'Zone Refresh.'

And buffing a Friend's Island has deteriorated from numerous buffs in-between 'Zone Refresh' to one or two successful buffage events before having to wait for the next 'Zone Refresh' to occur just to be able to see what got buffed!

If I were not off from work for most of this event, I doubt I could have even come close to producing adequate Event Resources given the hours now necessary to deploy the multitude of Explorers & Geologists and empty the Mail of the loot and bonuses they return with in-between 'Zone Refresh...'

The Halloween and Christmas Events use to be my favorite TSO events, but these last two have really made me wonder why I keep hoping things will improve when they seem to devolve into some twisted scheme to sell gems under false pretenses... I mean what needs to be investigated?

You advertised one thing and sold another! Again! Or prevented its sale, as in the case of the "Locked Event Packages." What should be investigated is why BB and Ubisoft keep repeating these rip-offs that are never in the Player's favor and how they keep getting away with it.

Besides the change in upgrade costs for the Wonderous Winter Residence, the latest bait-and-switch rip-off is the new 'Toy Factory' 'Lead Solder Buff' advertised as a 24 hour duration buff -- only lasts a fourth of that: six (6) hours and its "Leftover Wrapping Paper Buff' advertised as a 24 hour duration buff -- only lasts a half of that: twelve (12) hours...

P.S. While you are busy investigating -- how about investigating why the 'Zone Refresh' is now interrupting the Trade Office (T.O.) activity with the spinning hourglass and requires the 'T.O. Window' to be closed to reset it for any additional transactions... This was not the case before when the Unity platform was introduced but now serves as another example of just how far the game performance has declined along with TSO Community relations with bait-and-switch schemes every Event. ;(

Today's Game Performance --> Experience a "Zone Freeze" wait from six to eighteen seconds then see the pop-up: "Page Unresponsive - You can wait for it to become responsive or exit the page. The Settlers Online - Zeus [Realm 1]" Wait another six to twelve more seconds for the "Zone Refresh" to occur. Then you have approximately twelve to twenty seconds to attempt to do something before the next "Zone Freeze" / "Zone Refresh" cycle starts again...

Within 30 to 45 minutes see the pop-up: "www.thesettlersonline.net says - Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player setting." Then restart the game if you are not totally fed-up by now...!

Reply to Thread