Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 14/12/21

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Why is the event starting with such a wonky time frame? Instead of having an update on a tuesday and then the event starting almost a week later on the Monday like every other normal event, this one is just randomly starting on a Thursday? I understand wanting to get fixes out as soon as possible, but those come right with the update.

Also, no word on fixing the explorers abilities? The Christmas event is almost entirely explorer driven, so losing that small amount of event resources from every search can really add up in the long run.
    the version they put on the test server has broken explorers, i.e no sturdy shovel/incorrect scared explorer amounts

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Why is the event starting with such a wonky time frame? Instead of having an update on a tuesday and then the event starting almost a week later on the Monday like every other normal event, this one is just randomly starting on a Thursday? I understand wanting to get fixes out as soon as possible, but those come right with the update.
    Thursday events are a bad idea because when something is inevitably broken, nobody will be around until after the weekend to fix it.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    Thursday events are a bad idea because when something is inevitably broken, nobody will be around until after the weekend to fix it.
    The update comes on Tuesday though, so 4 days to fix. Pretty sure they had the update for Halloween the same day as event start last time which I didn't care for.

I am more comfortable with this Tuesday update and the event starting on Thursday.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    The update comes on Tuesday though, so 4 days to fix. Pretty sure they had the update for Halloween the same day as event start last time which I didn't care for.

I am more comfortable with this Tuesday update and the event starting on Thursday.
    But they won't know it's broken (the event portion) until it goes live.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    But they won't know it's broken (the event portion) until it goes live.
    the things they broke for the halloween event weren't part of the halloween event

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    the things they broke for the halloween event weren't part of the halloween event
    Mostly true, but many times (most of the time?), within hours or even minutes of starting an event, they notice something is wrong. Sometimes it's an easy hotfix they can apply right away. Sometimes it takes a few days. Sometimes it never gets fixed at all and you just have to hope they figure it out by the next year. They apply the event coding to the live server days in advance, but until the event actually goes live, they seem to have no idea what's going to go wrong, even if it's been reported on Test.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Well that is the general reason for my trepidation about this start date. Even if a bug is identified right away, it usually takes a couple of days to get a hotfix ready, and if no one is there to even do that, who knows how broken things could get?

World
    Ares
    when will the constant refreshing be fixed? when will the problem with gens changing to another gen on adventures be fixed?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Is this the 10.12.2021 upate or the 25.11.2021 update from the test server?

The Dec 10th update does not allow me to open TSO on test server, it gets stuck on the opening screen for the Anniversary Event which appears to be the same issue on the French server.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    so what about knowing when your other guild members are on at the same time as you when will we get the little green dot back next to everyone avatar that is on that are in your guild

Reply to Thread