Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 14/12/21

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    honestly after playing yesterday after update.. i dont see much difference.. once again zone refresh like crazy. every attack i sent on VLT i had to home for it to finish (so blocks are completely out of the question), explorers were faster, and mail was only marginally faster. and it dumps you in global every time you switch islands, load an adv etc.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Unable to log onto server using unity since the update - keep getting server connection lost

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello Settlers, I have some updates:

1. Login issue - We realize some of you are getting the Anniversary splash screen and are unable to load/play the game. The Dev team The team is currently investigating the issue. You can try clearing cookies, cache & DNS - it might help.
    2. Building Licenses - Some players still report missing building licenses. Make sure to look into your inbox as this is where you should find them. We are also investigating this.
    3. A bit too much ... Guild Licenses. As above, we did run a script that should provide you with the missing guild licenses, but unfortunately, some of you have been given too many - we are aware.

The team is working, and I will keep you updated.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    BB, I STILL cannot get my island to load since the maintenance. As I posted yesterday ... when I login, the game gets as far as the progress bar in the loading window with the village in the background, then is overlaid with a pop-up Anniversary Event window and everything is frozen.

I've now found that, if I wait 5-6 mins, a (darkened) island loads with a static, not animated, hammerman with the Connection to Server Lost. If I continue to wait, I get a screenful of repeated "Server Call Failed" messages down the left side of the screen, everything else still frozen. And the screen still darkened.

My husband, who also plays, had no problem loading his island post-maintenance. As a test, he tried logging in to my account on his machine, and got the same frozen Anniv Event mess. As a further test, he tried logging into his own island on my machine .. and was able to load his island successfully! It is not my laptop that is the problem here.

I sent in a ticket yesterday, and all I've heard back is the expected "clear your cache etc" boilerplate - to which I responded, but have heard nothing further. I will re-post this in the technical section of the forum just to cover all my bases.

Added: OK, now that I posted, I see that BB_Traffer has just addressed this issue ... since I haven't heard back from my ticket yesterday, at least I now know that this is being investigated.
    Last edited by Calliope_Jeyne; 12-15-21 at 05:53 am. Reason: BB_Traffer's post
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Dear settlers,

Today's maintenance will include more bug fixes.

CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS

• Loading: Fixed an issue that occurred when loading into the game upon login.
    • Event: Converted Halloween Event Resources.
    • Items: Removed excess Guild Licenses.

Reminder: this year's Christmas Event will start tomorrow (Friday), at 04:00 EST!

World
    Zeus
    Couple of thoughts on the update....

Island: still takes around 4 to 5 minutes to load.

Scouts: seem to be a little less freezing up as I'm sending them, making it less jerky and annoying. They still hang when one leaves and says what sounds like "you must spend a lot".....

Mail: yuuuge improvement over what was there. Given that events requires lots of interaction with scouts and mail system, Christmas event may be more enjoyable now.

Quests: seems to be a slight improvement. Still times when the next part of a quest takes too long to come up after completing the current part. But also seems that the frequency of this delay has been reduced.

These days I'll take what I can get so thank you and keep working on improvements.

Later that same day.......

Also noticed that sturdy shovel has indeed been fixed!!!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    "Reminder: this year's Christmas Event will start tomorrow (Friday), at 04:00 EST!"

Nice of you to remind us of that! Oh wait! It was supposed to be Thursday:

"This update includes the technical implementation of this year's Christmas event, which starts on December 16!"

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The repairs performed for Christmas did improve many function at home.HOWEVER! YOU HAVE NOT REPAIRED THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF DOING MOST EVENTS,THE ABILITY TO PROPERLY DO ADVENTURES WITH ANY EFFICIENCY OR USELESS LOSS OF TIME AND MEN FROM your game MALFUNCTIONS AND BLOCKING IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE.Example,as a test yesterday,a simple Nords(not even 1 block).Every other attack send the wrong general,which can not be recalled.Out of frustration i finished it with buffs.VERY UNHAPPY CAMPER.Proud Level 78 member of Guild "The Library".I love this game PLEASE make it work again. Thank you PMJTUC

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Opening the que in the Oil Mill, Oil Refinery, and the Lab can cause and will cause delays. And... crashes.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I'm relieved and very happy to be able to get back in the game - TY BB for delaying the event start day by 24 hours, so we can ALL start off on an even footing. And the mail system is quite improved, the scouts do seem to go out a bit faster than before. And a nice uptick to the Quest Log, smoother and more responsive.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

Reply to Thread