Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Winter Wondrous

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    If this is an official announcement why wasn't it not on the Ares Forum? Why have we been getting the "we're investigating it" for 3 weeks if it was that BB decided to update the cost this year to make it the most expensive of the various wondrous? How can it take 3 weeks to find this out? Players having been buying them without having this vital information the whole event. Holding out some hope there would be a fix. Some may have even have bought gems to make the purchase. This is past some honest error, it's plain dishonest. It's a extremely poor way to treat customers that have been hanging in there during the difficult journey to Unity. I don't know how you can justify this. Sure it's your game and you can do what you want. Just as it is my right to decide whether I continue playing. Apology not accepted.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Rupert View Post
    If this is an official announcement why wasn't it not on the Ares Forum? Why have we been getting the "we're investigating it" for 3 weeks if it was that BB decided to update the cost this year to make it the most expensive of the various wondrous? How can it take 3 weeks to find this out? Players having been buying them without having this vital information the whole event. Holding out some hope there would be a fix. Some may have even have bought gems to make the purchase. This is past some honest error, it's plain dishonest. It's a extremely poor way to treat customers that have been hanging in there during the difficult journey to Unity. I don't know how you can justify this. Sure it's your game and you can do what you want. Just as it is my right to decide whether I continue playing. Apology not accepted.
    yeah this is a little too much for me - the game doesn't work, they cheat people plus lousy customer service.

That information on the dutch forum was available 3 days ago - as of yesterday their ticket response was still they are looking into it...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The latest reply from customer service.

"Thanks for contacting The Settlers' Online Customer Support.

As Customer Support, we do not have details regarding this matter at this time. Thus, please do look to our website or forums for any updates regarding this matter, which will come directly from our developers.

We thank you for your patience and understanding."

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by UberStealthy View Post
    The latest reply from customer service.

"Thanks for contacting The Settlers' Online Customer Support.

As Customer Support, we do not have details regarding this matter at this time. Thus, please do look to our website or forums for any updates regarding this matter, which will come directly from our developers.

We thank you for your patience and understanding."
    That's a very detailed and definitive reply. We must practice more patience and understanding...

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Dear Settlers,

We heard your comments about the upgrade costs of the winter residence.
    The upgrade costs of 4500 presents and 4500 grout for the Winter residence are balanced as intended for this event. However we read all your feedback and will take this info into account for the re-balancing of the next event.

Kind regards,
    Your "The Settlers Online" Team

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Dear Settlers,

The upgrade costs of 4500 presents and 4500 grout for the Winter residence are balanced as intended for this event. However we read all your feedback and will take this info into account for the re-balancing of the next event.

Kind regards,

Great, now will you be refunding 3,495 presents to all of us who made purchases? The in game information states 1,000 to upgrade:

TSO_Screen_WinterResidence.jpg

World
    Zeus
    Found on the web:

What constitutes "bait and switch"?
    Key Takeaways: Bait and switch occurs when a prospective buyer is enticed by an advertised deal that seems attractive. However, the advertised deal does not exist or is inferior in terms of quality or specifications, where the buyer is then presented with an upsell. The practice is considered unethical, and in many jurisdictions is illegal

Unethical aside, I wonder how Ubisoft Blue Byte regards "balancing" as a priority over customer/player satisfaction. In addition, I find no remorse on the post nor is there any corrective action to make us purchasers "whole".

I await a follow-up post.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Dear Settlers,

Kind regards,
    The two key words you used are "balanced" and "intended". These surmise the message you wanted to get out.

But, when you read the post again, other words/phrases emerge, such as "we heard you" and "re-balancing... next event". These are the stuff you *had* to say to avoid a direct apology.

Since Unity came out, you always resort to this sort of messaging. You said you wanted to improve communication. Sure, you have if you consider the word count. But, if you consider things like honesty, transparency and even decency, these words are just an insult.

Here's a little game to play: what do you really hear as my opinion of your post when you read my words? Take a guess first and then see the answer below:

"a bucket of bull sh*t"

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Dear Settlers,

Kind regards,
    If this is as intended why were we not told this back when it first came up three weeks ago? Why were we strung along with "we're investigating it" if it was intended? You're trying to make it our fault for buying something based on what the game said the cost was only to find out we were duped and we're out the presents we may not have spent on them had it been known. You make a mistake in not updating the game descriptions as well as the developers guide and we're stuck. Not at all a satisfactory situation.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Isn't this why events are supposed to be on test server, or overlooked by any one on the team itself.. or addressing any changes in the dev diary?

Its already bad enough these wonders come with a price tag for the initial buy, they all use event res on level 8, and you get stung on level 10/11/12 with another 5/10k grout, and 10k stalks. If they were so imbalanced, why was this not addressed last year.

While aesthetically good looking buildings, their prices are already too exhorbant. Tell me how to use my 23000 excess citizen population, and 35000 standing army in a game that doesn't function, let alone the adventures, that i've already done a thousand times over.

So as I understand it, BB crushes out explorers for every event (and also for profit), and to compensate the over abundance of "potential" event gains and not to "devalue" them, BB penalizes players by introducing higher costs (like this), or buildings that require multiple event resources via multiple upgrades to spend excess.
    (a.k.a grift more players into less event res = force more people into a pay to win situation). you all need to put down that EA handbook to success.

Instead of purchasing this junk and other junk, i simply gave away 35000 present this event instead, i hope that cut into your profits, merry christmas!

Reply to Thread