Reply to Thread

Thread: New land added

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

New land added

Just wondering if possible to add more land to main island ? Also is it possible to start a market where a person can get anything for the price market value ? I know you are doing the best you can about the issue of lagging . Me and many regret starting an adventure because lagging . Some buffs work and other does not . Taking out the province leader is a pain because it will sit there ; and sit there stuck until I leave the adventure or many time refresh it . It depends on the day . I be glad to see this fix . I give you until middle of this month . If it is not fix . I planning to leave for good .

Joe Long
    Redhawk55

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I remember when they said adding new land areas wasn't possible in flash, until they could add land areas for arabian nights, and notoriously for gems for extra island space not too long after.
    I recall removing terrain items was impossible, until you could, but only if they could capitolize on it as well.

People have asked for building reductions taking up unecessary space to be confined as well. (like 8x snack stands, 3x scout post, 6x market etc = 1 build), so much for that.

BB exclusively stated a gross majority of the issues, regarding adventures, and zone server refreshes isn't going to go away anytime soon.

"The latter point will be a long-term effort over the next couple of months as it is a step-by-step optimization process, with some first changes being rolled out with the next release. Please keep the feedback and reports coming." 11-25-21
    Track record of backburning the issues for 6 months thus far, and acknowledging it will continue far into february or later.

quite frankly, having seen minimal changes to game at all even prior to unity, and now being under alpha unity development with months to correct it, i doubt anything reasonable gets added to this game anytime soon... except of course your main events and gem shop / merchant lol.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk55 View Post
    Just wondering if possible to add more land to main island ? Also is it possible to start a market where a person can get anything for the price market value ? I know you are doing the best you can about the issue of lagging . Me and many regret starting an adventure because lagging . Some buffs work and other does not . Taking out the province leader is a pain because it will sit there ; and sit there stuck until I leave the adventure or many time refresh it . It depends on the day . I be glad to see this fix . I give you until middle of this month . If it is not fix . I planning to leave for good .

Joe Long
    Redhawk55
    Hello!

We have many ideas for the future, but now our full focus is on resolving the technical issues before we kick in with new content.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    If they would listen, I have the solution to that problem. Modify the code to the surefire or demo-crew and make him a permanent purchase like a General. Rename them "Engineer", They can take down Mountains only slower like an upgrade (bigger the mountain the longer the time). The Engineer can then move the rock and rock from storage to fill in the smaller Lagoons that not even floating houses can be built as well as swamp area thus new buildable land is available. The Engineer can also stack non-upgradeable buildings (Market, Shack, scout, refinery, book builder, and tributes) to skyscrapers or simple mergers with fancier designs to free up space.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    necro'd from 2 years ago and what has changed? back end changes to help zone refreshes / explorers / generals work, and some major visual bugs. (and theres still many that still exist, and playing through anniversiary recently, theres still clearly lots of issues with coding regarding the game crashing / hanging over time playing Adv's or questing), but outside of that, this games handling has been in a pretty good state for the better part this last year.

while i like your idea, but that requires work, coding, and adding functional things for free - something that doesn't mix well ever. Cutting into the gem purchases on shotfirers/demo crews cuts into their bottom line, unless of course they made this new guy cost something less than the gems spent through longer wait time as you suggest rather than outright buying, maybe then. Were on year 3 of unity tranistion and things still are not smooth. i think that speaks volumes of direction.

The issue with shotfirers and demo crews was they never put enough in the black market once they added more mountains and debris to blow up in a later update. its close but not quite there.. i think its short like 3 or 4 demo crews. really all they need to do is add more to the merchant.
    they have given out some through events, but not even close to useful, the only way was to purchase with $ or free pits well after arabian knights if you were lucky to have them then. (or grind gems through excelsior pages, weekly, star coins for those that dont have pit access anymore)

When i posted the above, i didn't think that water residences would drop in every event like they do now, on top of years of accumulated wonders. most events have some form of a 220 resident as well now. at this point its easier to just remove all island residences since they are mostly useless and space eaters (nobles, frozen manor, tepee, oasis res, arabian res, mag res, ginger house, haunted houses, arabian palace, etc) compared to newer sources like wonders, especially water buildings off main island.

They really should consolidate the event items tho, everyone repping 15+ black trees, 5+ scouts, 2+ obs, 3+ love tree, 7+ christmas markets, 8+ snack stands, generals and im sure a ton of other things that add more issues to space savings, but i dont feel such a quality of life change requires being charged for bad design. something where i can retrench and completely hide generals, send all explorers, or mask certain duplicate buildings in a place outside of main island through star menu is optimal.

Honestly, it all is kind of futile. Chopped up main island for more approraite housing frees up room - great 80k army! but i cannot use it any faster than a 30k or 50k population army cause this game cant figure out how to add better adventures (cough 7 years) to soak that many troop deaths lol.
    More workyards! - resources are so bottomed out at this late point in game that they are practically useless, even trade has been dead for years.
    More decorations! - few and far between, some new things get added but nothing more than an aestetic waste of space.

Feel like at some point, if you've been around long enough, there just isn't anything worthwhile to place, unless you want to build tons of masons for the gingerbread/diligent geos to abuse the freebies on random treasure finds.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RantNRave View Post

Feel like at some point, if you've been around long enough, there just isn't anything worthwhile to place, unless you want to build tons of masons for the gingerbread/diligent geos to abuse the freebies on random treasure finds.

See my island.
    I have more than 250 masons.
    And more than 70 Marble masons.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    the Engineer wouldn't be free just a better value to the player freeing up space getting rid of useless generals so we can organize our islands.....BB MODS'

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    the code wouldn't be new code, it would be a modification of the Basic General and merging it with the Demo-crew's code and then tweak them for the other features and again the user would have to purchase the training and would give the player months of extra things to do.

Reply to Thread