Reply to Thread

Thread: Speaking of "Balancing...."

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Lightbulb Speaking of "Balancing...."

With the recent discussion about the devs "balancing" the economic layout with this year's Winter Wondrous....ahem. Let's talk about *truly* doing some economic balancing by dumping the extremely low end buffs from the Scouts who are booked up for Artifact searches. The cost in books to upgrade to that point makes getting a cheese sandwich, a sandwich, a fish plate (for gods' sake!), etc. completely out of whack, and ridiculously un-"balanced," made all the more insulting these days by the inordinate amount of time it takes to even send out Scouts due to zone refreshes, the huuuge pause necessary between clicking each scout, and the continued inability to send multiple scouts out in groups at one time.

It would be great to see some real balancing taking place.

Thanks,
    [TC] ShuttlePilot
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    +1 .. and ... sandman's powder ??

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    +1 especially on the ability to group the explorers into one "send"

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Great post, SP - I totally agree ... higher-end, well-booked Scouts should be accorded higher-end Artifact finds - let the Tavern Scouts find the fishplatters, cheese sandwiches, etc .. and yes, include the Sandman's powder in that group (thanks Ciara_Belle, for reminding me of that particular annoyance).

It's been many years now, of fish platters etc. - and this is an area that could well use a good re-balancing.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

World
    Zeus
    What is Balancing?

When dropped on a post by BB/UB, the word appears to send the message of their intent to apply fairness. However, BB/UB does not explain what Balancing means.

I picture a scale when I see the word. What is on the left? What is on the right? As a player, I put on the scale things like fun, content, satisfaction, game play and other words that relate to why I continue to play. For BB/UB, what are they balancing? What's on their scale?

It would be great if BB/UB responds. What is balancing to you, BB/UB?

Reply to Thread