Reply to Thread

Thread: Haven't heard from you in over a month; so what's new?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Haven't heard from you in over a month; so what's new?

So, we haven't heard any words of encouragement that you are working on, or to be more specific, trying to work on fixes regarding TSO problems. So? What's up? Have y'all forgotten us or just abandoned us altogether, or at least forgotten us until the next event or gem sale?

Would be nice to know if there has been any progress with the problems we've been having i.e. Refreshes every 30-45 seconds to name one.

At least let us know you haven't abandoned us altogether.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    oh wouldnt it be super nice if .. gens worked ??

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    ...and there were no more refreshes??? Oh, wait...I hear a voice and music...it's singing...."somewhere over the rainbow...."

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    would like to know also!!?!!!?!?!?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Yes, yes, yes on both the zone refreshes and the adventure/generals woes! And getting our area-buff buildings back on the proper math would also be high on my iist
    (I am still sooo bummed that I didn't think to pick up an extra Christmas Market or two, during the event ... sigh)
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hey Settlers.

The Christmas event has ended recently, and if you also follow our test server, you can see a lot of action there over the past weeks.

The next update and events are coming, more details will be provided in the near future.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    https://www.tsotesting.com/en/homepage ---------------- this test server?

There's empty threads, and no server update changes since december.

1 active thread regarding a user created battle simulator thats seems big, but is pretty irrelevant regarding what the general population wishes to have.

1 server updates, and I cant tell if the "action" is them crashing, or being updated.

No information of the next event (yet), server issues or game bug fixes (yet).

Was hoping to find some no mans sky epicness in redemption regarding lots of action the past few weeks there, but instead i got baited.

I fully expect something will drop within the next few weeks regarding v-day testing at the very least, and hopefully for this games sake something else regarding fixes to address the known problems.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    I know we were a bit quiet but this was mainly due to an event that ended recently. During events, we usually do not plan to implement new updates. The development team was constantly working on future updates.

We will start this year with today's Database Maintenance and more news will follow soon.

I'd also like to refer to the "new" Settlers game that some of you may have heard of:

"The Settlers" and "The Settlers Online" are two different games, and each game has its own independent teams working on them. Both games will run simultaneously.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    I know we were a bit quiet but this was mainly due to an event that ended recently. During events, we usually do not plan to implement new updates. The development team was constantly working on future updates.

We will start this year with today's Database Maintenance and more news will follow soon.

I'd also like to refer to the "new" Settlers game that some of you may have heard of:

"The Settlers" and "The Settlers Online" are two different games, and each game has its own independent teams working on them. Both games will run simultaneously.
    I would love to know the logic behind creating a new game (I am guessing will be similar to this one), when the current game is so horribly screwed up?

Like seriously, shouldn't the focus be on fixing the current game to be actually playable rather than creating an altogether new game? What's the objective here? Creating a completely new version of the game to run simultaneously for a period of time and then completely remove the current game?

How many people do you think are going to join this new creation of the game when the current game that has been running for over a decade is so profoundly screwed up due to ridiculously illogical decisions and implementations? I know that I for one will not be playing any other current or future games created by this company, at least not until you guys start to fix what's broken and start actually making more logical and common sense based decisions.

I play this current game and the only reason I continue to play this current game is because I have so much invested into it with playing for a decade. If not for that singular reason, I wouldn't even be playing this game. But also, the fact that I have been playing this game for so long and have seen the multitude of bad decisions and devastating implementations, there is no way I would knowingly start playing another game created, designed and developed by the same people who so horribly destroyed the one I was enjoying for a decade.

It's like buying a car from a manufacturer and over the years, that manufacturer slowly screwed up my car until finally practically destroyed the ability to drive that car. Then after a couple years of not being able to fix that car, the manufacturer decided to manufacture another car and expect me to actually buy that car new car, while still not being able to even understand how to fix my current car. That's utterly ridiculous.

If you can't fix the current game, not even the things that you recently broke, how on earth did you manage to create the new game? How many issues are there going to be in that new game? how many years would it take to fix the issues that come in that new game?

As far as I am concerned, you guys should have been focusing on fixing the current game and the many faults in this game that you guys created before even contemplating the creation of another game. Unless of course, like I said earlier and so many of us have been saying since the Unity release debacle, that you plan on ending the current Settlers game and now are attempting to replace it with this new version. This also explains why it has taken so long to fix the major issues of this game, because you are more focused on creating the new game and ignoring the current game (except to have massive gem sales at a higher than normal rate to soak up as much money from this dying game as possible to fund the creation of the new game).

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The other game is the 8th edition of the offline franchise (albeit with co-op). They had announced The Settlers Alliance a couple years ago but temporarily shelved it. This is the standard full price AAA single player game without all the microtransactions.

Reply to Thread