Reply to Thread

Thread: 500 Error from New York, USA

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

500 Error from New York, USA

There seems to be an outage causing a block of my access to thesettlersonline.net websites and the game itself.
    I can access everything through my VPN (NL), but it is extra slow due to the overseas location from NY.

I saw a forum post on thesettlersonline.com that describes the same issue here: https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...HTTP-Error-500

There was a brief period last night when I was able to access the game, but it is not working again today.
    This has been happening since February 3, 2022.

Thank you for your attention.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i will add my 500 Error
    for the past three days here in Canada - haven't been able to load the game or log in

-- found a post on the Polish Facebook page (and translated it) to figure out that Opera with VPN enabled would work (and it did)

at least, it worked enough to let me load the forum, i'm still trying to load the actual game 15 minutes and counting

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I tried to login today and got that same message . It sort of looks like the game has completely disappeared?? It was working fine yesterday for me I had logged in 3 times on Saturday and got on fine. Very strange ?? I will try again in a while I guess.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    My tracert from southern Virginia USA stopped at northern Virginia on its way to the site. I was unable to connect all day Saturday and just retried tonight after having the same issue this morning

Fixed before Feb 6th, 930pm eastern usa.

Tests included Tracert which did not get past Ashburn Virginia
    DNS matched what "www.intodns.com" got for A record
    no change in SOA, Last updated in 2020.
    My ISP is cached DNS so if you change it I wont be able to get in for 3 days lol.
    isitdownorjustme said it was just me
    I normally use Firefox browser and it only gave a white page for https://www.thesettlersonline.net/en
    but I could get to https://forum.thesettlersonline.net
    Microsoft Edge browser said the page was not responding.

Conclusion: It appears that a 3rd party company either changed their internet routing and goofed up or a hand off stopped due to miscommunication between ISP's
    Either way I'm glad to be able to get back into game.

World
    Zeus
    I haven't been able to login for 3 days.
    I found a web page that checks to see if servers are up and it reported not being able to access the server too.
    I expected they were down through the weekend until this post turned up with a solution.
    Installed a VPN and now I can access the website.
    Something is defintately wrong out there.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello everyone.

We are investigating this issue.

EDIT: This issue should be now resolved.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 02-07-22 at 02:53 am.

Reply to Thread