Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 23/03/22

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    I want to address longer loading time for some players - this is intended.

The loading process was changed in the latest version. It will take longer until the island appears, but afterwards everything will load much faster.
    This is supposed to be acceptable? Seriously?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    This is the first sign of positive progress I've seen as far as performance. It's not exactly good, but seems much improved to me. I haven't done any adventuring, so i don't know about that, but just for basic island maintenance and specifically for running quest chains, there is a lot less freezing. The initial island loading for me is fine as well. Better than before.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    When you did the update and then no one was able to log on for a day as your server was down, not responding, all the timing went out of whack for my noble bookbinder tributes and it added a day of production. This may seem minor but very frustrated as I now have to tear them down and then rebuild so that they will finish book production at a time when I will be online to buff. In short this will result in a loss of 33 manuscripts for me.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    This is the first sign of positive progress I've seen as far as performance. It's not exactly good, but seems much improved to me. I haven't done any adventuring, so i don't know about that, but just for basic island maintenance and specifically for running quest chains, there is a lot less freezing. The initial island loading for me is fine as well. Better than before.
    Agree about performance.

Have tried 2 different adventures a few times apiece. Outlaws did not have a single zone refresh on any run. Young Woodpecker has been unplayable for me up till this last update. There are still a few zone refreshes that happen, but nothing like before when they were almost constant, which made it too frustrating to even attempt. It's nice to be able to run YWC again. Hopefully the general swapping bug will be next to be fixed.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SlinkyBird View Post
    When you did the update and then no one was able to log on for a day as your server was down, not responding, all the timing went out of whack for my noble bookbinder tributes and it added a day of production. This may seem minor but very frustrated as I now have to tear them down and then rebuild so that they will finish book production at a time when I will be online to buff. In short this will result in a loss of 33 manuscripts for me.
    Why would you tear them down? Just pause them when they are close to finish and then start them again at the time you want. Most you lose is a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Agree about performance.

Have tried 2 different adventures a few times apiece. Outlaws did not have a single zone refresh on any run. Young Woodpecker has been unplayable for me up till this last update. There are still a few zone refreshes that happen, but nothing like before when they were almost constant, which made it too frustrating to even attempt. It's nice to be able to run YWC again. Hopefully the general swapping bug will be next to be fixed.
    Then good news everyone! the general UI switching fix is currently being tested on test server right now.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    tested -- 3 times now.. since the last update
    every ywc i run... it crashes on the last set of attacks - in my case a block ... soon as the tav gen hits.. every single time - hammerman.. and then a few secs b4 the next gen hits.. "connection to server lost" leaving us completely in the dark if the block failed or worked. 1st thought it was a fluke.. but now on # 3.. exact same timing eVery time. 2 different computers (pc and mac) and of course different browsers.

seems theres a flaw here somewhere.
    this not only impacts the block.. but the speed at which we can start another adv - since we are stuck reloading instead of completing it - from 10 sec to 4 min at the end of the adv.. w/ scout///obs// prem // pfb timing all impacted.

Reply to Thread