Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 23/03/22

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Change log 23/03/22

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Change log 16 23/03/2022.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Trafffer
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 03-15-22 at 02:53 am.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    What time does the maintenance commence and for how long will the process take

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello everyone.

We decided to move our update to next week (23.03.2022).

The reason for this change is to collect more data from the deployment that we had today in our FR instance. The specific reason is the loading change, which can be seen on both the FR instance and our Test Server. The first loading AFTER the update is expected to be longer - this should result in smoother performance as the game won't need to stream/load in assets while playing as much as before the update.

If you want to try the update before it's live, you can still do it by playing on our Test Server here.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    are you going to fix the issue with generals changing to other generals right when we execute orders?

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    The following change was removed from this week update:

Performance: We have improved the background handling of the game, this should allow chat to reconnect after idling and reduce the amount of zone refreshes
    Based on feedback from the French instance, this change requires further testing before being deployed. We will revisit it another time.

Quote Originally Posted by binderberger View Post
    are you going to fix the issue with generals changing to other generals right when we execute orders?
    If you don't see the bug fix in our changelog, then the official answer is: no.

In the previous update, we made changes to "generals" and we are closely monitoring reports from our players.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 03-21-22 at 06:44 am.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Was hoping test had some information, but nothing really was posted since its change log on march 11th. Especially the performance changes to this game.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.fr/t...s-commentaires (I used chrome translate to english)

It was nice to read about positive UI inprovements finally, but it also has caused delays/hangs/crashing on loading, so it was temp scrapped.

Editted post after the update was implemented.

despite saying that it was cut from this update version, i can clearly tell some aspects have been left in, and perhaps the "zone refresh" aspects have been reverted in test/FR and not added due to problems.

game flows at a much more natural rate, zone refreshing not as much as before. Still has some delay issues with other aspects.

Loading islands initially has improved, and loading/visiting others. (loads all images at boot, instead of 1 by 1, simultaneously loading all now, like flash)
    This is great news for packed up islands, mass decors, saving a good 5-10 minutes for myself.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello Settlers.

The maintenance will be extended by two hours.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    please try to stop doing maintenance at PRIME TIME.. a huge chunk of your users are on EST, and most of my guild are like me - in that we try to get a bit of our OWN maintenance done on our islands before heading to work.. and every "timed" building resets at around 8am. -- taken from the guild quest reset times, sooo .. now my excelsior tribs, celebration, market, love tree stuff, etc etc are ALL off kilter. again..

and worse yet... you once again extended maintenance - because you once again underestimated the time it takes (you haven't completed a maintenance on time in 2 years.. maybe you should just, idk, ADD 3 hours to your estimates, and start 3 hours earlier). and now its 8.14am. and its STILL not done. Fully won't be surprised when you again cross out the 800am and change it to 10am.. ridiculous that this has to be so messy.

i really hope after all this it actually does improve - the last 4 did nada really cept cosmetic stuff. (btw -- i looked at test - or tried to .. but of course it wouldnt even load. so ... not confident)

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello Settlers.

We want to apologise for the downtime, this has been fixed and everyone should be able to log in again.

I want to address longer loading time for some players - this is intended.

The loading process was changed in the latest version. It will take longer until the island appears, but afterwards everything will load much faster. Should you see a blue background for some time, do not cancel the loading process. The game is still working in the background and everything will load in as soon as the game is finished.

Please also try to clear your Unity cache, this should also help.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    And you think this is a good thing having a game that takes 15-30 minutes to load? Quite the selling point! (Checks calendar-yup its 2022) *shakes head -goes back to other game*

Reply to Thread