Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Easter Event 2022

World
    Zeus
    This is not event specific but I want to say that it's an absolute pleasure to be able to run Young Woodpecker like I used to before the switch to Unity. No general switching, very few refreshes and the ones that do happen haven't disrupted anything major so far. I've missed running adventures more than I realized. Hope improvements like this (actually getting back to being able to play normally) continue at a decent pace going forward.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Few updates:

1. Candy Factory - we're aware of the incorrect In-Game description, however, the Dev Diary has the correct description, which is 6 hours. I have forwarded this to our Dev Team for review.
    2. Princess Zoe - If you are unable to buy it, you have reached the intended limit on your account.
    3. "We Need Friends Quest" - We know it's not working for some players. We will run a script in the last week of the event, to auto-complete it. For now, please play the quest chain up until the point where the issue occurs and you cannot progress (since there are rewards to obtain up to that point), then abandon the quest chain. The eggs lost from the proceeding quests will be compensated soon.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 04-14-22 at 05:09 am.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer
    2. Princess Zoe - If you are unable to buy it, you have reached the intended limit on your account.
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer
    *: Important information about the item limits:
    Limited to the given amount per player for this year's event. If you already own the item (regardless of the amount) from a previous event, you can obtain the listed amount of the item again this year.
    (see original post under #5)

This appears to say no matter how many we already have, we can still buy 1 this event too.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    (see original post under #5)

This appears to say no matter how many we already have, we can still buy 1 this event too.
    Correct, this is our mistake for which I apologise. We are aware of this, but I do not want to promise anything.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post

3. "We Need Friends Quest" - We know it's not working for some players. We will run a script in the last week of the event, to auto-complete it. For now, please play the quest chain up until the point where the issue occurs and you cannot progress (since there are rewards to obtain up to that point), then abandon the quest chain. The eggs lost from the proceeding quests will be compensated soon.
    Do you mean to just not do the quest or to delete the "We Need Friends" quest? Will the Easter Bunny's Assistant and other complete "x" number of quest achievements be updated to count the quests?

Thanks.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Few updates:

FYI: We've noticed in Guild that the quest seems to complete only for those that have Village Schools built. (Possibly something to investigate?)

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

BITSANDBYTES
    Has been a problem for several years - why not fix it instead of having to make 'compensation' script ?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    FYI: We've noticed in Guild that the quest seems to complete only for those that have Village Schools built. (Possibly something to investigate?)
    I can confirm this now - I bought a village school and placed it earlier today. After closing out the browser and logging back in, it starting updating the "produce at least 50 settlers" progress bar. Thanks for taking the time to post that.

ETA: There are issues still with population growth, it is sporadic - after 16 hours, the quest progress only added 9 settlers. When I put a Christmas feast buff on mayor's house, it actually reduced my population. So while the quest is updating slowly, there are still issues with erratic population growth.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Post for BB_Traffer

Hello Traffer ~ I recall seeing a nicely detailed post from you wherein you had a great description of how best to completely clear cache in all the "main" browsers. Can you please direct me to that post? Thanks a bunch! : )
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right -- Henry Ford

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by PollyA View Post
    Do you mean to just not do the quest or to delete the "We Need Friends" quest? Will the Easter Bunny's Assistant and other complete "x" number of quest achievements be updated to count the quests?

Thanks.

Please abandon (cancel) the chain and wait for a new one. We will mark it as complete and award the missing achievement points soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope_Jeyne View Post
    Post for BB_Traffer

Hello Traffer ~ I recall seeing a nicely detailed post from you wherein you had a great description of how best to completely clear cache in all the "main" browsers. Can you please direct me to that post? Thanks a bunch! : )
    Sure! You can find it here.

Reply to Thread