Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Easter Event 2022

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    #1 ALL TIME ISSUE --

Multi explorer send MUST be added. This is for every event ever. I used to love events, now it's a chore and I quit part way through. Why would I send a zillion explorers so I can get eggs and do what with them? Buy more explorers? I CAN'T TAKE IT. No motivation to play through all the clicking.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I was able to partially play Easter event this year but unable to do any adventures or the Party Crasher as I could not move to another island without getting disconnected and it took me about an hour to log in each time. So I tried to do the best I could with just collecting collectibles and receiving the eggs that the explorers brought in. I did not do to bad being that I did not really get to play the game during this event. Since last maintenance , before the event, something changed for me loading this game and playing this game. One of the major reasons the game was so slow was every time you clicked a building or something 4 or 5 other boxes would open and it took a while to click back to the one you needed. At this point I have quit a few explorers and it took a very long time each day to send them out because of the lag and all the boxes popping up each time I clicked on one. I also felt this whole event was played in 'slow motion' for me because of the lag. There are other players in my guild that are having same issues, too. I will continue to maintain my island the best I can until these issues are addressed but I am missing the 'fun' of the game trying to play it in 'slow motion'. I hope these issues can be addressed soon. Lady Isabell

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Beyond just having to send each explorer individually, lag is really not your friend when having to perform such a repetitive task. The function of having to click so many times, often multiple clicks because it doesn't recognize your clicks that you are making, followed by frequent lag in between, makes the process range from frustrating to extremely frustrating. But ultimately it's just a matter of a tedious waste of time while you listen to something in the background, so you get a reasonable result if you have the patience. I mostly did prolonged searches because I couldn't stomach much more than that, and it still produced a good result at the end of the day. Nothing really great in the loot for my purposes, but it was fine and I'm sure helped people who were more in need of some of these items.

Otherwise, I was generally satisfied with the game performance overall. Loading time is... okay. Actually, seems a lot better now that the event is over. Just did a full island load in about 2 minutes. That's a lot better than it had been. Going to friend islands and back is functional. So are adventures (admittedly, I just did simple adventures and no blocks). Everything works pretty reasonably. As long as you don't receive or complete a quest because you're probably going to be at least momentarily annoyed. I've always dreaded getting quests in this game because it's always slowed things down, and now it's even more pronounced.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Why did you change the time frame of the candy factory buff and why does it increase the input by the same amount as the output it produces, 300%?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuk1 View Post
    Why did you change the time frame of the candy factory buff and why does it increase the input by the same amount as the output it produces, 300%?
    A pretty much clueless dev team?, what your asking for already exists, a stadium snack. At this point in the game, they might as well just make it a <2 hour timed craft for extra game breaking fun, making sure to enrage everyone who spent 4 years getting snack stands.
    I'm going to guess 300% 6 hour buff was the intended target, but its input is bugged.
    This is three events in a row where "tweaked" items desciptions didnt match the final outcome. Oopsies, just let the kids rage in the forum and put in the backlog with everything else that needs to be addressed, while not addressing anything.

https://forum.diesiedleronline.de/th...eues-Abenteuer

reading threads like this where there's actually a top game mods present, pretty much explains how clueless they are. You could staple the best ideas to their foreheads and they still would run this game into the ground while completely ignoring it. How much constructive feedback is given through this games forum in ten years time and how much has been done to fix issues or implementation of practically anything for Quality of life improvements. The answer is minimal at best.

While i do applaud that every event does has something new to offer to players, in terms of a new geo, explorers, generals, workyard, buffyard, decoration to some effect, throwing these out every event doesn't make this games bottom line more fun, just more mundane zombie clicking explorers, and running 6-11 year old adventures. (yes arabian nights is going on 6).
    It is so long overdue with this mentality that you NEED a send all at this point, vets with 150-200+ explorers, or even noobs with 30+, then the generals, geos, in excess of 50-100.. enough already.
    Theres plenty of opportunity to add in something like an event pathfinder for event questing, excelsior type event curreny for new event adventures, or spruce up the old egg islands/adv questline to break event monotany. Instead notta. smash explorers, smash gunpowder / woodchopper.
    While some events have some minor additions or changes, most have remained the same basic zombie smash since 2012.. boring.

Dont worry, Im sure garrun the trapper and where do easter eggs come from will be present without a change for another decade for everyone to skip. *hint hint*

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Prior to Flash going away, it would take me approx 20 min to send out all my explorers. Now it takes over 3 hours. I do not have 3 hours a day available to play TSO and since 90% of the event items (eggs, presents, pumpkins, etc) come from explorers I have decided NOT to participate in any events until the game returns to former speeds. There is NOTHING an event offers that will help me enough to spend 3+ hours a day playing. I will continue to log daily and do Island maint. With 6+ events a year, that 24 weeks a year of intense activity. Just not worth it. All we get are promises this are being worked on. They even stopped promising "new modems" will speed things up.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    As far as this event went, I had internet trouble through most of it, so wasn't able to reach all the achievements. However, the one thing I did get that was a huge disappointment was the geologist that came from the calendar door. I would have much rather had something like a Demolitionist or even a shotfirer to remove mountains/rocks from my island. I don't like the geo, didn't want one, and am not using the one I got. Even one Demolitionist would have been far more helpful. I struggled with a number of the other issues that others had, like not being able to switch back from friends' islands and such when I could play the game. Over all, it was a mediocre event for enjoyment, at best. I know the events can be much better. Everyone knows this is a game, and that all the stuff in it is virtual (not real), so why do the game team/devs think it's ok to treat it like things need to have real-world pricing and stuff? The game is supposed to be something enjoyable and fun, not stressful.

Barney_Google
    I left settlers for a while due to the poor gameplay, I came back just recently after Easter event began. So sad to see the game in this condition'
    Its worse than when Anno ended. Will it ever change or is BB giving up on the game?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney_Google View Post
    I left settlers for a while due to the poor gameplay, I came back just recently after Easter event began. So sad to see the game in this condition'
    Its worse than when Anno ended. Will it ever change or is BB giving up on the game?
    Slowly with a skeleton crew, maintain the standard 6 events, add some new bling in those, and slow work on Unity.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say, this same dev team has been working on "The settlers Alliance", scrapped, "The settlers", that went beta in march 2022, recalled, slated to be released later in the year. This has been ongoing for about 4 years, since the initial banners were advertised for it. This game feels pretty derelict for about the same duration, not since the last drop around 4 years ago, with MCC, forge, pathfinder?, v-day and 80 cap release.
    I could say the same for the 6 year duration of 50 cap while "kingdoms of anteria", scrapped, rereleased "champions of anteria" was in progress, small or little progress between 2013-2016, fairy tales added prior, and then a 70 cap + arabian nights drop, ventures? not too long after that release finished. coincidence? maybe. If im wrong, then this team maintaining this, is a dumpster fire.

I guess at this point, the best you could hope for is the release of the next stand alone, and some real attention focused back into this game. Clearly a year of issues with unity stability, and past years of wasted potential and player retention caused from negligence, this game could have be so much better than what it currently is.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I did have the increased input of sugar rush pointed out to me. What do ya know. It does.
    Now.
    When I place sugar rush on a stone mason.
    Does your buff currently break the mason and produce 0 per tick?
    Or does it procure on tick rate with increased input thus more draw power?
    I know the answer.
    Secondly. Did you foresee this? When will pickaxe buff be made to work? Anniversary event will be 1 year of the item being in game without working properly.

Hey. Stone from a deposit is the input. So. It SHOULD apply increased input cost. But oh wait! Draw limit is coded to building tier level. What now? Now item wants to pull tier lvl + modifier but this result is > tier lvl thus breaks hard coded limit.
    So it results in a 0 pull. Timer is unaffected, as it sent it's part of "engage draw". Draw engaged with buff modifier, failed, doesn't matter. No check to catch the fail. 0 pulled.

It's one thing to get text wrong in game from the dev diary. Which, seems to happen with every item release in every event.
    But when you release a mechanic like this. There are seperate interactions that occur with masonry, fish, meat, wheat.
    logically input cannot exceed draw rate, and draw rate must be limited to tier level and causing the 0 draw.
    Test server? no dev or player caught this?
    *slow clap*

Reply to Thread