Reply to Thread

Thread: Sending explorers out

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Sending explorers out

When sending explorers out I get pop up boxes when I mouse over the different boxes of choices in which to send explorers out on. These pop ups are big and get in the way to tell how long each search will be. I really don't care to see what sciences were chosen when I really want to see the times. Can we PLEASE have the option to not get the pop ups????? Please!! Those have to slow down my game play as well as being super annoying.

World
    Zeus
    I agree. They interfere much more than they are useful.
    They should just shut them off if they can't be bothered to implement them correctly.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Totally agree, the popups are useless and get in the way.
    Also some of the general popups never go away and I wind up having to refresh the game to get rid of those blasted things.
    Either get rid of the popups completely or at least give us the option to turn them off.

World
    Ares
    Agreed. They could at least have them pop up without overlapping so much. It's already a PITA to have to multi-click every window. I am only sending during events now until they clean that sorry mess up.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Crazy Idea:

similar to sending out generals to an adv, a similar interface that lets us easily choose whether to send a particular explorer our on a treasure hunt/exploration/adv hunt. This way we scroll, click the box next to the explorer and can send as many explorers out in a matter of moments, rather than going through each one's menu for the same task.

World
    Zeus
    If they do that, unlike the window for sending Generals, it needs to sort correctly and consistently.

World
    Zeus
    Sending explorers out in the same manner as sending generals would stink almost as bad as the current way. No offense meant, Pink_Robin. But it's still going to be a whole lot of tedious clicking to get 140 explorers sent out multiple times a day during an event that way.

We need to be able to group explorers together according to task and send them all with one or two clicks. I would suggest a Master Explorer, similar to a Quartermaster that we can load up with explorers semi-permanently (but changeable) and sending one Master Explorer would send 9 or 10 or 12 explorers out all at once. Something like this would cut down the tedious excessive clicking tremendously.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    That is a great idea Perwyn!

Or get competitive with the players using the client who say they can set an option for each explorer and from then on send out all explorers with a single click.

As with others in this topic, I can confirm the game has no priority for popups, when the priority for popups should obviously always be for any foreground menu or window and not things in the background, bugged popup windows do get stuck when moving the cursor across not just explorers and other units in the star menu, but just about everything in the game, from mines to the market.

Popup from mine in the background blocking the view of a foreground window and menu in the foreground:

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree completely. It's very time consuming and annoying to have to send each explorer out individually. It's fine if you've got 3-4 explorers, but once you get upwards of 50 it's way too time consuming. Sending them all at once would be great. Or even being able to select a group of 10 or so and send them would be better than what we have to endure currently.

World
    Zeus
    Sending 200 explorers is takes too much time. There needs to be a way to send explorers out by category. Artifacts etc then all that can be sent
    would go with one click.

Reply to Thread