Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2022

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2022

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the [Dev Diary] Anniversary Event 2022.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Trafffer
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 08-26-22 at 05:02 am.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I don't like the change to the cake buffs. I liked the longer buff time because that meant less cakes needed and more convenient for me as well. I used to be able to keep this buff up full time but I doubt I will be able to now plus now I will have to get cakes applied or I will have to turn off after 8 hours because I am not likely to be on 16 hours later. So the net effect unless I change the way and time I play will be a loss.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I don't like the change to the cake buffs. I liked the longer buff time because that meant less cakes needed and more convenient for me as well. I used to be able to keep this buff up full time but I doubt I will be able to now plus now I will have to get cakes applied or I will have to turn off after 8 hours because I am not likely to be on 16 hours later. So the net effect unless I change the way and time I play will be a loss.
    Overall this is a net buff, we get the same amount for half the time. Finding someone to trade buffs is minor inconvenience, and there should be plenty of people to trade with.
    For those who can't play for longer time this is better because you can get the balloons in 8 hour and either stop production or leave it running and even unbuffed you still get balloons at half the rate, which is 50% increase over the old system. For the rest who can chain the buff this is an obvious buff - you get twice as many balloons for the same time.
    One additional thing is increase engagement in the community - trading more dough, candles and buffs.
    The only downside is that it will require more dough and candles, I would like to see increase in both adventure and treasure search loot to compensate for the increase in production needs.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I agree 100%. Shortening the buffs will only mean my building goes unbuffed a lot of the time because I don't have time to spend constantly babysitting the game. Also with so many players having left the game, it's hard enough to get dough in any sort of fair swap for candles, never mind having enough collectibles for double the number of buffs. This seems a very backward move.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Mammaly View Post
    Overall this is a net buff, we get the same amount for half the time. Finding someone to trade buffs is minor inconvenience, and there should be plenty of people to trade with.
    For those who can't play for longer time this is better because you can get the balloons in 8 hour and either stop production or leave it running and even unbuffed you still get balloons at half the rate, which is 50% increase over the old system. For the rest who can chain the buff this is an obvious buff - you get twice as many balloons for the same time.
    One additional thing is increase engagement in the community - trading more dough, candles and buffs.
    The only downside is that it will require more dough and candles, I would like to see increase in both adventure and treasure search loot to compensate for the increase in production needs.
    Oh, I totally agree it will benefit some people. It depends on your play schedule though. Unless I change how I normally play though my hall will get shut down for most of the day now and I kept it running constantly previous years. And I never liked having to hunt people down for buffs, it is annoying to do so most of the time I just buff myself not likely to change that for a leech event. I will just likely just leech this year instead of contributing a lot.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I too am very unhappy regarding the reduction of buff time...some of us actually work for a living and have a life and are unable to log on in exact 8 or 12 hour increments, as for myself I am only able to log on once a day in the evening after work...to make things worse the number of active players has been significantly reduced as a result of the Unity fiasco now going on 2 years, which makes it even more difficult to be able to find a friend buff to your festival hall....most guilds have been decimated so I seriously question this decision to reduce buff times seeing as there has been what I would estimate to be a 75% reduction in active players since Adobe Flash support ended. It also baffles me how BB asks for feedback on a continuous basis yet never or rarely addresses the issues, concerns or suggestions of its players...I do not recall anyone in previous anniversary events complaining or suggesting a change to buff times. You combine this with the fact that the Anniversary event has never been able to reach its goals without a extension or artificial "adjustment" of donations, with no one playing anymore you just made the balloon donations goal that much more difficult. You always seem to want to fix what is not broken and ignore the real concerns of your players. As for myself I will obviously participate in the event but will certainly not waste time and resources contributing to what will likely be an unachievable goal. This decision requires players to find friends to buff their hall twice as often and with hardly anyone playing anymore and chat rooms that are deserted for hours I seriously question the motivation behind this change regardless of the "math" that claims there is a upside. Lastly events are typically plagued with issues, many relating to log in problems, connectivity issues and hammer man and now we have to try and log in twice as often to a system that as of late seems to be designed to prevent people from playing.

World
    Ares
    The Anniversary Event is just a $ gem money mill for BB. Nothing is available except by buying gems or completing tasks which will also require gems since most players have quit or gone inactive so gems will have to be spent to buy items to be able to satisfy quests and tasks. I play only about 5-10 minutes late at night now. I'd quit altogether but I have paid real money for gems in the past and would hate to admit it was all a waste. I'll still log in and try to complete tasks, but it's become more tedious with each event. The prices keep going up, things still don't work, BB refuses to let us have free move days (we even have to pay to move buff buildings, trees, snow-globes, etc.), the islands are cramped and crowded which causes long lags when we visit upper level friends and guildies, and trade is a total fail now.

World
    Zeus
    I'm inclined to agree with the majority here. With the current state of game and # of players available for swaps the shortening of the buff duration's really doesn't benefit most players. Not a good change.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I can take or leave the buff length change. I'm not planning to use more buffs, and I'm probably not going to micromanage the production every 8 or 12 hours, so for me I'm not gaining or losing anything. Some people I'm sure will drop twice as many buffs, but I don't think it's worth the effort. I don't see it as particularly relevant one way or the other.

This is a pretty easy-going event. You probably won't get a lot unless you spend gems, but it's not requiring a lot of effort either. No constant explorer searches, no constant adventuring, though you probably want to a bit of both. I'll probably do the main quest chain. The celebration quests seem like a waste of time, although there are some buildings scattered through the rewards, but it's a lot of effort.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Update Developers Diary

Dear Settlers

We have made the following corrections:

• The values shown in-game for the Birthday Cake buffs are still using the old values but this is purely a visual bug; they function as intended and as stated by their entry in the Dev Diary.
    • The Adventure Bookbinder has been removed from the developer diary as it is no longer obtainable.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Happy Settling,
    Your "The Settlers Online" Team

Reply to Thread