Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2022

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    lots of backsliding here... buidlings behind my quest windows are again opening when i try to click on quests... mess.. super super lag. while i'm typing in chat - its moving my cursor back to island mid type.. mess. seems like bronze shoes aren't working. and ya.. i agree its a gem event so .. not really anything other than free quest stuff is appealing.. disappointed the bookbinder is 'no longer avail' cause they certainly COULD have made it so.

World
    Zeus
    BB appears to be TRYING very hard at this point to send players away! lol, if it was only funny.

For this year's event, we've made a change to the buff effects of Birthday Cakes. While the durations of the effects (on both yourself and on friends/guild members) have been halved, we have doubled the output bonuses to make up for this change. Therefore, there should be no decrease in total output.

This change was made so that players have more flexibility when it comes to uptime; in fact to players who are diligent enough to keep the buff maintained, you will actually earn more Balloons than before!

Clearly this was intended to benefit the players who are able to log in very frequently and re-activate the buffs; which in a game where player participation was plentiful and we were not losing players and a game that was not still wrought with deficiencies from the recent 'conversion', would seem reasonable on all fronts. But, we are losing more players than gaining, we still work with a game that, though improving, is far from easy-to-play as it was before the conversion from Flash. This move is just going to send more players away with discouragement. It seems to me that we had a tough time as it was last year's Anniversary event in attaining all of the goals, how does BB figure we will make it now with many players without the time to log in 3- 4 times per day??

I like the deceptive wording in the Forum:

Is: "...in fact to players who are diligent enough to keep the buff maintained, you will actually earn more Balloons than before!"

This is mathematically impossible assuming players are able to be logged in a timely fashion, they will get exactly the same number of balloons.

Sb: "...in fact to players who are diligent enough to keep the buff maintained, you will actually earn more Balloons than before assuming you did not have buffs on full time before and you are able to hit the marks to keep the buffs on this time!

That more appropriately explains the change.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    If the buff production increase is doubled, the amount produced should be increased by 33% or 50% during those times, so it is a gain if you are able to buff more often, preferably twice as often. Worst case scenario is you only produce the same. Unless you turn off the production when not buffed, in which case that could lead to less production.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    The Event Shop Bundles were incorrectly listed as "Per Event" and have been now corrected to "Per Player".

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I feel the ratio to candles to dough is imbalanced. With less lower levels on line it is hard to trade. Changes need to be made to allow for dough to drop on adventures for the higher levels. I can see a 1:1 ratio. 1st time I am not able to make an enormous cake on the 1st day. SMH.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    This event is a show stopper for me. I started playing 2 days prior to last year's anniversary event, so don't have much experience for how prior years played out, but this event seems designed to do nothing more than deplete every resource I've gathered over this past year with very little return and a hell of a lot of work. Makes this NOT so much fun anymore. I don't mind paying a bit here and there to gain good items, but this level of blatant reduction of resources is more than I can accept. There is a single player in our guild able to make dough, the prices for dough in trade are ridiculous due to the scarcity of it. So try to get enough while competing with higher level players who have the resources to buy. Additionally, I don't have time to play all day long, which is what bb seems to think we should be doing. For those of you who are able to - Enjoy.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by PollyA View Post
    This event is a show stopper for me. I started playing 2 days prior to last year's anniversary event, so don't have much experience for how prior years played out, but this event seems designed to do nothing more than deplete every resource I've gathered over this past year with very little return and a hell of a lot of work. Makes this NOT so much fun anymore. I don't mind paying a bit here and there to gain good items, but this level of blatant reduction of resources is more than I can accept. There is a single player in our guild able to make dough, the prices for dough in trade are ridiculous due to the scarcity of it. So try to get enough while competing with higher level players who have the resources to buy. Additionally, I don't have time to play all day long, which is what bb seems to think we should be doing. For those of you who are able to - Enjoy.

You hit the nail on the head.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    i am going to miss opening a door. i don't think it was very nice scheduling this hot fix during the time the calendar day is expiring.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Now that fix is done, how long will it be before the game is back on-line and available for play?

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Dear Settlers,

We have more updates:

1. Developer Diary Updates
    2. Changelog Updates

Please check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohana View Post
    Now that fix is done, how long will it be before the game is back on-line and available for play?
    Servers are online.

Reply to Thread