Reply to Thread

Thread: Anniversary Event Disappointment

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Anniversary Event Disappointment

I want to lament that the Anniversary Event was mostly designed as a catalogue sale, and to get players to burn up a lot of unused adventures and resources. The returns were really not worth the effort involved. It took a lot of gaming time that many of us don't have!

Further, I was really looking forward to obtaining another Tremblebeard. As everything anyone wanted was gem purchase only, and the Happy Hours were not a bargain, and the economy is bad everywhere, I am not inclined to spend hard cash for a computer game, especially one I've spent over $400 on in the past 5(?) years! And since I have to spend gems ($) to buy the general I want, and there is no bargain offered, on a game that is suffering playability for the last 2 years, why should I only have the opportunity to make the purchase for one month out of the year? Put him on the black market! He's a great general with drawbacks, but he's not worth $100 USD, which is what it would cost me just to buy him!

World
    Zeus
    Hear, hear!

Yes, the Anniversary Event tends to be especially gem driven more-so than other events seem to be these days. Sadly, there were no non-gem options, just the rewards from completing the quests. I won't be buying gems until I can play on Unity with the reliability and speed we could with Flash, period.

Memory errors/crashes (on a 64GB i7 machine? bah!); unexpected general movements causing extreme issues with troop losses, general slowness while using Unity, horrendous time rasterizing new zones whether home, adventure, friends Isle...
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Does it help that I sound like a ****** trying to sell my horses. I also bike around in leather shorts and honk a little horn to let you know I'm there. Ring ring, ring ring.

Reply to Thread