Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Shady Auction Hall

  1. #11
    Noble
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    333
    World
    Zeus
    An idea that may solve the issue of players racing to be the final bidder, could be to incrementally and dramatically increase the minimum bid with each new bid.
    How much the minimum bid should be raised with each new bid is something that may require a little thought. Increasing it based upon a percentage of the total bid, 10% goes to 15% goes to 20% more etc. may be the least complicated.

    An opinion on the shady auction is that we use words to communicate ideas, shady can imply trees and sunlight, or it may refer to informal dubious dealings.

  2. #12
    Noble
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    333
    World
    Zeus
    To clarify, the dramatic increase in minimum bid would be for the last and final 1-2 hour of bidding.

  3. #13
    Veteran General
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    582
    World
    Ares
    To make this work for me, I would like to be able to place any bid I want. If I want to bid 500k resources over the minimum bid I should be able to.

    Otherwise why is anybody putting in an early bid at all?
    All you do is push the price up and the somebody else replaces your bid.
    So all you've done.
    Is make it harder to buy what you want to buy because you bid early. So why did you bid early?
    It's the dumbest move. But it is open to public, so there is no shortage of [removed] putting in early bids without actually putting a moments thought into the ramifications.
    Putting a high bid in would weed out a lot of people and make it easier to win that auction because less people will be able to compete near the end. If your goal is to win the auction, bidding early is better than no bid at all.

    I actually am not sure we are even getting our mats back on failed bids though. I bid a couple of times and there was no indication I got the entire amount back.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 12-02-22 at 07:37 am.

  4. #14
    Mayor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    ontario, canada
    Posts
    1,372
    World
    Ares
    so . when our we getting our bids back from the 1st 'beta' version of this that kept our loot even when we lost. i see new bids now get an email to alert that they are refunded... but i bid on 3-4 items before the bug was found .. and i still haven't received my resources back. ??

  5. #15
    Community Manager
    BB_Trafffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    604
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    so . when our we getting our bids back from the 1st 'beta' version of this that kept our loot even when we lost. i see new bids now get an email to alert that they are refunded... but i bid on 3-4 items before the bug was found .. and i still haven't received my resources back. ??
    We already sent them back in one of the previous maintenance. If you didn't receive it, please reach out to our Support Team.

  6. #16
    Mayor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    ontario, canada
    Posts
    1,372
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    We already sent them back in one of the previous maintenance. If you didn't receive it, please reach out to our Support Team.
    was there supposed to be an email ?? or did it just magically appear in stores?

  7. #17
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5
    World
    Zeus
    I get a mail notification every time I am outbid but I can not clear these mail notifications from my mailbox. How do you remove these mail messages?

  8. #18
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1
    World
    Zeus
    Confirming I have the same issue. I cannot delete the outbid notice messages.

  9. #19
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Posts
    1
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirStillwatch View Post
    Confirming I have the same issue. I cannot delete the outbid notice messages.
    There will soon be an auction to purchase rights to delete "outbid" mails

  10. #20
    Community Manager
    BB_Trafffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    604
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric-of-Wales View Post
    I get a mail notification every time I am outbid but I can not clear these mail notifications from my mailbox. How do you remove these mail messages?
    This is a known issue, I already reported it to our Dev Team.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts