Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Easter Event 2023

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by LordGumble View Post
    The Egg Tree Buff is not working properly. I did send in a support ticket. It states:

Note: the Egg Hunt buff must be applied before you send out your Explorers. However, if Explorers are out on a search when the buff expires, their event resources upon returning will still be affected by the Egg Hunt bonus.

All explorers are coming back now from prolong searches without the extra bonus. And yes I did send them before the buff expired
    Same thing happened here.

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    For BB_Trafffer:

After much cogitating among our guildies, we would like some clarification please with regard to the Easter Egg Tree.

From the wiki:

Buffs all explorers to find x2 the base amount of event resources during an event.
    Des not stack with Explorers innate abilities and takes precedence over weaker versions.
    Rather than trying to discern for ourselves, which explorers will bring back 2x their base, will you please list for us in a reply to this query, which explorers exactly will *not* receive the 2x bonus? We are thinking, Snowmen, Fluffies, Humbles, etc. Are we thinking correctly? A list of excluded explorers would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for your clarification,

[TC]ShuttlePilot
    Guild Leader, The Creators
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 04-10-23 at 12:10 pm.

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hello ShuttlePilot.

Please note that the "wiki" you refer to is not controlled by us and we take no responsibility for the content posted there.

We have some questions and reports about possible problems with the buff, and I have forwarded them to our Dev Team for review.

World
    Zeus
    Please note that the "wiki" you refer to is not controlled by us and we take no responsibility for the content posted there.

We have some questions and reports about possible problems with the buff, and I have forwarded them to our Dev Team for review.
    Hi Trafffer, We all totally understand that the Wiki is not official, although quite accurate in most cases.

But you still didn't answer my question which was:

Rather than trying to discern for ourselves, which explorers will bring back 2x their base, will you please list for us in a reply to this query, which explorers exactly will *not* receive the 2x bonus? We are thinking, Snowmen, Fluffies, Humbles, etc. Are we thinking correctly? A list of excluded explorers would be very helpful.

UPDATE: Got the tree. Figured it out. Only concern now is posts like the below, as well as mentioned in global by someone, that if the buff expires while the explorers are still out, they are not coming back with the bonus which contradicts what was stated in the Dev Diary.

Also, it would be nice to have a timer on the Egg tree so that we don't have to write down how many hours it has been operating.

Thanks, it is very confusing to many people.
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 04-11-23 at 08:09 pm. Reason: update

Settler
    World
    Ares
    The Dev Diary says: "if Explorers are out on a search when the buff expires, their event resources upon returning will still be affected by the Egg Hunt bonus."

It isn't working that way. Explorers that are out on a search when the buff expires are NOT returning with the egg hunt bonus.

I submitted a ticket to support, who told me the tree is working as intended.

There seems to be a contradiction between the Dev Diary and what support is saying.

We need this to be clarified. Players bought the egg tree based on the information in the Dev Diary. The tree is very expensive to use. It should work as described in the diary.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    The Dev Diary says: "if Explorers are out on a search when the buff expires, their event resources upon returning will still be affected by the Egg Hunt bonus."

It isn't working that way. Explorers that are out on a search when the buff expires are NOT returning with the egg hunt bonus.

I submitted a ticket to support, who told me the tree is working as intended.

There seems to be a contradiction between the Dev Diary and what support is saying.

We need this to be clarified. Players bought the egg tree based on the information in the Dev Diary. The tree is very expensive to use. It should work as described in the diary.

heck players sent out searches BASED on that dev diary info - so we sent prolonged expecting extra eggs cause we sent IN the window. and now find out we should've sent short etc.. and are completely ripped off for those explorers expected loot.

so i have egg deposits in my star.. nothing lights up when i attempt to 'deposit' them

can someone at bb explain what they are and what i do with them??

Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 04-12-23 at 01:04 am. Reason: double post

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
    But you still didn't answer my question which was:
    As I mentioned earlier, all concerns, reports, and questions have been forwarded to the dev team. I will share more details as soon as I have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    can someone at bb explain what they are and what i do with them??
    You can't do anything with it.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post

Also, it would be nice to have a timer on the Egg tree so that we don't have to write down how many hours it has been operating.

Thanks, it is very confusing to many people.

there is a timer up top

https://prnt.sc/GQYF0eGYKHqu

World
    Zeus
    Thanks, Narasn, just saw that this morning, in my zone buff menu.

Thanks, Trafffer, fingers x'd the devs will get the out after timing runs down glitch fixed asap.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    probably should have checked here first, but I activated my easter egg tree earlier today and it just cut 2 days off my explorers that were already out, and the few that returned didn't seem to bring back any extra. Sounds like some spaghetti coding and poor description lol.
    Everything said in this thread about this item is conflicting, "it works, it doesn't work, it only works on some explorers, it only works within its timer".

ill edit this tomorrow to see what and if explorers will be effected, assuming i can distinguish between a 2x find or a 30% double with prolong or very longs with bonus, and if it negates base skills like bewitching, fluffy explorers or booked skills etc.

Since when did mods or dev team ever reply in general forum about how anything works in this game, ever lol, unless its relevant to a bugfix/known issue. The answer is never, which is why we use the wiki page for general information. "don't trust that information" while not providing any information, nice deflection. TSO testing, and the US forums, are not information friendly, if anything they are all but deserted, and there's zero info from BB about in game info. While Wiki can be wrong, its all any player can use, is secondhand player information. Whatever, if its not working as intended, and was pushed from test to live, then they mail some crap and hotfix it later.. ssdd wouldn't be the first time this occurred lol.

While i find this building okay, that it can be used across ALL events for explorers, its 1x use for 300 crystal is hefty for some IF it doesn't work properly or IF it only works on some explorers, if its working at all. The cooldown reduction is abysmal, needing 3 trees to clinch 2 uses during a 3 week event is at best next year or 2 years out without gems. Having more than 3-4 is completely pointless as the max reduction would never allow a 3rd use during any event anyways assuming wiki is correct.

would have preferred an explorer send all, but ill take the 2-3x double up on prolongs.. but to maximize this building, just makes sending explorers so much worse, as if that hasn't been a concerned issue forwarded to the "Dev team" for 5 years already.

Reply to Thread