Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Easter Event 2023

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDTOM442 View Post
    In my Easter Event quest "We need friends", I've produced many settlers in every way possible, and haven't received credit for any. Anyone have the answer to this problem? ... P.S. I still have room for over a 100 new settlers, and only need to make 50. Making them is easy, getting the quest credit isn't.
    i've read it only works if you have village schools.. maybe someone in your guild can lend you one for the quest

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Post event report

Anything less than the best is not the best.
    Get that, got it? good.

Okay.

The best method available to farm eggs is by playing instant run GPs en masse.

Get over it. And do it, faster. more and more. Learn it, prepare for it. Do hundreds of them.
    Good.

Dev diary:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/26705

Wiki.eu:
    https://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/eve...er-event-2023/

GP egg payout 42 84

Explorer return table.

Short Treasure Search 2 4
    Medium Treasure Search 3 6
    Long Treasure Search 5 8
    Very Long Treasure Search 7 13
    Prolongued Treasure Search 9 18

How many minutes does it take you to complete 1 instant GP run?
    At most. it should take 5.
    Which will pay you 1.5X GP reward.
    42 84 to 63 126 egg per completion.
    This can be accomplished off use of a single buff.

Look at a potential outcome over 10.
    10*(63)(126) Add a decimal.
    630 min to 1260 max eggs
    If you are working at high pace with 2 hosts you are able to complete 1 GP per 3 minutes.
    That is 20 per hour.
    or 1260~2520.
    In an hour.
    Hour.
    1 hour. Just an hour.
    The event last for 3 weeks.
    Which is 504 hours.
    So I do not accept any of you telling me that you cannot afford anything from event merchant, you are just being lazy.
    Do more.

No explorer can do anything to match this or compete with this.
    I don't care how many explorers you have.
    You still do not have a mass explorer sending tool. (officially)
    What you have is maybe 15 adventurous explorers that you can have return on a medium search in hour and a quarter.
    So that she can bring back 3 or 6 base eggs.
    Again.
    A single GP, a single buff.
    With prem is gonna pay you 60 or 120 eggs.
    do GP. More gp.
    Just do the GP.
    I should not be waiting or struggling to find partners. And I should not be the only one paying the most expensive cost.
    And I should not still this many months into the run be seeing players who do not know what to do.

https://tinyurl.com/2asbtj99
    Here is what you do. Do it.

I also do not accept anyone telling me that you cannot afford the cost.
    You can. You just have to do the stuff, that's all.

Siege workshop makes buffs. GB, Diligent, Arch find buffs.
    TO sells buffs.
    Artificer makes a buff so you can make buffs faster.
    Museum cuts down your search time for these geos to find treasure. Use that.
    I mean. Are you doing stuff? Cause I know the players who do stuff have buffs.
    So there is no excuse to not have the buffs.
    You can still log in and do stuff in between events.
    It should not be news that the servers are turned on every day.
    Get the buffs. Run the GP.

Summer event is coming up. Guess what the strategy is. Take a guess. Take a gueeeeeeeeees.

Gunpowder 12 22 Soccer balls
    Tomb Raiders 20 32

TR 1r YGG attacks to approach the leader.
    Nusala, Tremble, Cloaked to remove leader.
    10 S cost at most.
    OBS + Vortex.
    YGG and cloaked arrive within minutes.
    Alternate with hosts to run both of your adv slots. This keeps you busy and offers minimal downtime to maintain island and operate your geos while performing your quest book routine.
    Supplement in some instant GP for a near 1:1 SB payout. Enjoy some instant runs, and resupply your fertilizer stack.

We see comparing Easter to soccer why would we want to spend the same buff cost for 1/5th the payout?

Halloween.

Gunpowder 14 24 Prefill*
    Refill on island can process at a max value of 1:22.
    They should be sold in TO for market value of minimum 1:7.
    But since players still after 4 years of me trying to teach this basic concept.
    Cannot understand item and undersell at 1:3.5 or less.
    Still this means your 14 24 base.
    Are 1.5X via prem. (21~36)*3=72~108 p value per GP.
    This is nearly the same that of Easter, thus a fair value.
    If Market value were 1:7 where it should be, each GP would produce 144~216 pumpkin value per 3 minutes.
    That would just require the majority of the player base actually paying attention and understanding value.

Look to christmas.

Short Treasure Search 2 3
    Medium Treasure Search 4 7

Searches are not getting any better.
    Though, this being our primary source of presents. All merchant costs are toned down to about half of what the price would be in any other event.
    3000 presents does feel about 6000 eggs. When you consider their difficulty to obtain, presents are worth a higher base coin value than an egg would be.
    Adventures do not bring in presents at all.
    So this and this alone is about the only event I would consider using Egg tree buff.

In any case where GP is the primary farming source. Explorers are secondary.
    In any case where TR is the primary farming source. Explorers are secondary.
    How often are explorers my primary source?
    More yes than no, or more no than yes?

Only yes if in event. Which is 50% of the year.
    Start there.
    Then less than half of the events do I consider explorers to be a primary means.

First. I am not attracted by using egg tree buff. All it does. Is double my explorer count for 2 days.
    Yay?
    I understand the unlimited value in this buff. The more explorers you have, the more value this buff gives. You have no limit to explorers.
    Unlimited potential yes.
    But how many minimum explorers fully teched should I own before I feel any value out of spending 300 crystals?
    I cannot justify crystal expense toward event currency gain at a time when I can expend buffs toward GP to the same end.
    What incentive do I have to divert crystals away from excelsior?
    All of your efforts should be toward a gem crawl.
    You want to buy gem bundles and + items via gems. Which are available only through gems.
    You need gems.
    Crystals gives you gems.
    So why spend crystals to get eggs?
    GP gives you eggs. Run GP.
    Why do I care about explorers giving me pumpkins?
    I have cemetery processing @ 1:22 at home for full 4 weeks.
    And because I have more refills than I as a single player can process, I sell my excess in TO for any rate.
    But you don't have to run GP. Most ppl run AE.

Arctic Explosion 32 46 Prefill
    Gunpowder 14 24 Prefill*

So you could run AE in 23-30 minutes.
    Or, complete more than 2 GP in the same time cost. Again outperforming any other map through speed alone.
    Want pumpkins without effort?
    Sell AE maps for profit.
    If AE ls = 48~69Prefill and refill to P are 1:3.5 than AE ls = 168~242 P value
    You may sell AE map in TO for 50%min value. 168/2=84p
    In this.
    Purchase 10 AE map 22kc.
    Sell 2 AE map 168p. User will purchase and gain 2:1 or 4:1 invested. You are taxing a 84P entrance fee.
    This is profitable for both parties.
    Per 5 lots. =840p -22kc
    P sale for 1:1000
    100p for 100kc = +78kc + 740P
    Investment recaptured and all you did was sell 10 maps.
    If you get half the P per map, you move twice as many and cashout P to C 1:1000.

Explorers are pretty irrelevant to the game honestly.
    You might laugh. You might cry. you might not believe me.
    But yeah you can gain 15K+ event resources per day from TO alone.
    With master level trading you can do it in a way where you do not spend any coin.

Explorers inherently are limited by a time factor.
    All we have to make them perform more actions per day is having PFB active.
    We need more.
    We need a next building to rush our explorers and halve their time!
    This will give us less than -%50 due to multiplicative stacking.
    GP are not limited by time, they are limited by cost and player activity more so.
    TO is not limited by time. This is bottlenecked by skillful posting and player activity.
    Both of these means far outperform production per hour than explorers could ever hope to match.

It comes down to explorers operating over hours. And requiring a 2 day play period to see any affect of their actions.
    Where my TO or GP actions return value within minutes and may be repeated without end.
    I have 1500+ ROA.
    There is no excuse. You just need to do more.
    Do more.
    Play the GP.
    Do more.

When I once a year callout, hey. do DB. I mean it. Do DB NOW. Not later. Do the DB.

Explorers not only are not capable of performing as well as these other tactics. But let's pretend that egg tree buff did matter.
    Let's pretend that doubled return for 2 days did make an impact.
    Let's pretend their values impacted you purchasing the merchant or not.
    300 crystals is completely unjustifiable.

We have a few things to consider around this.
    Crystals are worth gems.
    However since this must be done through randomized excelsior payout we have no control or true understanding of how many gems a stack of crystals are worth.
    By my best estimation.
    We can expect 30~50% of crystals spent to convert to a letter snippet.
    Requiring 3 snippets per 50 gems.
    We can estimate 9 crystals=50 gems.
    reduced. 1:5.55
    If true. 300 crystals =1665gems equivalence to activate egg tree.
    That's a pretty considerable cost just to get event resources out of it.
    Wouldn't those gems be put to better use getting event bundles or other items?
    By having a gem purchase museum I can activate that more often.
    Using that more often means I can farm GB copper more often.
    Doing so pays me in crystals, buffs, and arrows which fund the GP, which funds event resources.
    Don't you want to spend gems in the anniversary event?
    It is a gem only merchant.
    https://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/eve...2022-merchant/

"
    Diligent Geologist (max 1) Needs 6 times as long for most searches, but has a chance to find two great treasure along the way.
    Found deposits are 50% bigger for most searches. 1.599

Oil Refinery (max 2) Allows you to combine oil and resources, to gain more oil. 10.999

Roman Fisherman (max 3) Catches 7 fish from deposits every 2.4 minutes. 5.999

"

What won't you need in anniversary event? Egg tree buff to help you find more candles.
    Within the event itself you can see that crystals are the primary reward.
    https://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/eve...ry-event-2022/
    Of course they are.
    We know crystals = gems.
    Okay.

Now let's take a quick look at fallen shard.
    you want me to spend 10k gems.
    So I can get 5000 shards over 2/3 a year.
    Which is 500 crystals.
    potential 2775 gem value once processed. But okay.
    Can't buff the fallen shard output or anything but okay.
    Oh, but I have to spend 300 crystals to activate egg tree to double my explorers. Okay.
    Oh, and if I have 3 egg trees I can activate this twice per event. Or 600 crystals per event.
    Okay.
    So hold on.
    I have to.. spend gems to get crystals so I can spend crystals to get gems so i can get crystals so I can spend on egg tree. so I can...
    I don't.. what is going on here?

Clearly you give us a method to turn 10k gems into shards to make crystals.
    Why?
    Oh. We see it's egg tree.
    Right.
    But now we need more crystals.
    You are basically forcing us to spend gems on egg tree per activation.
    If crystals could be gems, they are gems. But egg tree is converting crystals into event currency of that event at the time.
    This is pretty much the opposite of what I would want.

I would prefer to be able to spend my excess event resources to make crystals.
    Oh wait! I already do this.
    In selling 100 eggs for 100kc.
    I can then purchase 6kc oilseed for 70kc.
    Turning 1500 oilseed to 10 shards to 1 crystal.
    In this.
    70eggs=4 crystals to my pile.
    300/4=75*70=5250.
    Yeah, I am ready and willing to spend 5k eggs or 5M coin to make 300 crystals.
    That's just the cost of operation. That is the cost of getting the oilseed.
    So if it costs me 5k eggs to get 300 crystals, and 300 crystals to proc egg tree.
    Does egg tree net me >5250? No. Hard no.
    We are better to convert this value into excelsior for gems and cash out to anything we want.
    Even if that means converting egg to coin or commodity to be sold in future events.
    There is absolutely no reason to be spending crystals in this current format.

I understand population being a newly introduced cost. I like it.
    I understand crystals being introduced as a cost. I get it, I do.
    I'm fine with it truly.
    But not at a 300 cost. And not in our current means of lacking crystal production.
    if DB is going to be my oilseed farm. It needs to appear in *3 loot more often. And we need a means to produce WPP.

As it stands GB is the most efective in game farm. He gets you all the top end items you need.
    Giving us museum is a direct buff to what GB provides.
    And this is in the same event where we have candy factory.
    Directly we have GB support. That's great!
    He gets us GP supplies and crystal supplies.
    But is it enough?
    Diligent helps in the same means. But a 1h40m search on marble. Is it enough?

We need crystal support. Straight up.
    If you want the 300 crystal cost to stand and offer any value. We need more crystals.
    My suggestion would be to have another form of ghost lantern themed to another event.
    Getting + ghost lantern every year helps out big time.
    Having multiple scaredy, helps big time.
    We need a "lantern" themed for soccer event.
    We have CL for anniversary, that pays out daily and may give recycler of small river. Cool.
    But we need something that includes crystals in multiple lots. Give us +2 +5 +10 as drops among loot table that includes all the GP buffs we use.
    And make sure the table includes population related buffs because that at least makes sense as dud prizes.
    We would also benefit from having a means to produce Assassin or WPP at home through recipe.
    Doing so would allow us to afford DB runs more so.
    With a justified cost, we could run this during *2 loot payouts and use this as a means to farm oilseed.
    That would help to supplement crystal acquisition.

I would also introduce an explorer which is specific to finding crystals.
    Release his during anniversary and this event is crystal and gem themed.
    Already we have EXp focused on token or specific buff tables.
    We need an EXP that gives you crystals on % chance on any search.
    Doing so would be our favorite explorer by far!
    I would argue that giving him hyper fast search time with chance to find crystals would bring direct value to egg tree as well.
    I could then argue while I am using egg tree, I am using this new explorer with high focus so that he is at least trying to find some crystals to compensate the high cost I just put down.
    If I have to spend 300 crystals to use a buff. It would at least help if one of my explorers would bring back 5 crystals in that 2 day period.
    His existence would let me know that next year when I own 2 of him, I have a better cost reduction.
    If I spend gems to buy additional of this EXP, I endure additional cost reduction.
    This will help to balance and justify egg tree as we expand our explorer count and versatility.
    If I get 3 egg trees I can activate it twice per event, or 600 crystals.
    How many trees before I can proc it 3 times?
    That would be too many years away.
    But I do have the inkling that other tree types will pool to this CD and bring it down.
    That's nice.
    Can these other trees come with a separate activation cost?
    If not. Then maybe by a year or two in I could activate and spend 900 crystals within 1 month.
    Who could, or would do this?
    Even if you could. Would you? To double base explorer loot?
    We have to consider the games current recipes which include crystals.

CA= 1 crystal cost.
    Okay.
    What about if something new comes out that you want to spend crystals on?

We need more crystals. Straight up.

Museum 3rd buff also makes no sense. But I'll just call that decorative and accept that it is just there for filler and not meant to be used.
    We have so many alternative means to produce weapons at high output. And our current META doesn't even expend army units.
    500 manus.
    Huh?
    154000 simple paper 124000 nibs 20000 beans per 200 manus in RPH.
    So you want 2.5X that cost for.. weapon smiths to operate at .75 time.
    Okay. Even if they did. That means they will fit more tics per time period. But cost is still 1:1 norm.
    So you are only upping your expense for 48 hours by introducing a 5'th tic in what would be 4.
    I am not concerned with bringing this production time closer.
    I am more concerned with keeping my weapon smiths beneath my LT and activating only under 1:22 output.
    This is important for conservation of high level resources used on top tier weapons.
    With love tree and concert hall I have more than enough weapons.

I appreciate the existence and experimentation of time buffs.
    I need you to make that operate properly so we have have a zone buff which cuts the mason operation time in half.
    This would allow us to pair + to deposits withdrawal with the + to deposit size of museum to balance out. Letting us benefit of the time reduction and let us properly clear depos at a rate where we can stream the GBs out.
    As it stands. Use of Snow globe, blacktree pollen, sugar rush, and morale are a help.
    A start.
    But let me stack it.
    Let me apply all these individual buffs to the work yards themselves. Then give me a new building where I can proc a zone buff to cut mason time in half for 2 days.
    Not everyone has 300 stone masons like I do.
    Mid level players will need some assistance running GB at his full potential.

The only 2 items to take notice of this event are the egg tree and museum.
    Museum matters now and supports GB.
    We can only hope that egg tree will matter.

Everything else from this event. Fine. Fair.
    One of the quests was bugged or not clear. In needing to create population.. whatever that was.
    Overall easter is the easiest event of the year.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I think it is time in Achievements to scrap the Complete 5 Where do Easter Eggs come from quest....this adventure has a horrendous return and is not worth the 99 egg price...even the buffs rewarded for completing the quests are insignificant in comparison to 500 eggs in total it costs you to get the achievement. I pay 495 eggs to buy the adventures to get back 30 eggs and a hot lemon tea ...that is a horrible deal

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaketeeth01 View Post
    Anything less than the best is not the best.
    Get that, got it? good.

Okay.

The best method available to farm eggs is by playing instant run GPs en masse.

Get over it. And do it, faster. more and more. Learn it, prepare for it. Do hundreds of them.
    Good.

Dev diary:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/26705

Wiki.eu:
    https://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/eve...er-event-2023/

GP egg payout 42 84

Explorer return table.

Long Treasure Search 5 8
    Very Long Treasure Search 7 13
    Prolongued Treasure Search 9 18

How many minutes does it take you to complete 1 instant GP run?
    At most. it should take 5.
    Which will pay you 1.5X GP reward.
    42 84 to 63 126 egg per completion.
    This can be accomplished off use of a single buff.

Look at a potential outcome over 10.
    10*(63)(126) Add a decimal.
    630 min to 1260 max eggs
    If you are working at high pace with 2 hosts you are able to complete 1 GP per 3 minutes.
    That is 20 per hour.
    or 1260~2520.
    In an hour.
    Hour.
    1 hour. Just an hour.
    The event last for 3 weeks.
    Which is 504 hours.
    So I do not accept any of you telling me that you cannot afford anything from event merchant, you are just being lazy.
    Do more.

No explorer can do anything to match this or compete with this.
    I don't care how many explorers you have.
    You still do not have a mass explorer sending tool. (officially)
    What you have is maybe 15 adventurous explorers that you can have return on a medium search in hour and a quarter.
    So that she can bring back 3 or 6 base eggs.
    Again.
    A single GP, a single buff.
    With prem is gonna pay you 60 or 120 eggs.
    do GP. More gp.
    Just do the GP.
    I should not be waiting or struggling to find partners. And I should not be the only one paying the most expensive cost.
    And I should not still this many months into the run be seeing players who do not know what to do.

https://tinyurl.com/2asbtj99
    Here is what you do. Do it.

I also do not accept anyone telling me that you cannot afford the cost.
    You can. You just have to do the stuff, that's all.

Siege workshop makes buffs. GB, Diligent, Arch find buffs.
    TO sells buffs.
    Artificer makes a buff so you can make buffs faster.
    Museum cuts down your search time for these geos to find treasure. Use that.
    I mean. Are you doing stuff? Cause I know the players who do stuff have buffs.
    So there is no excuse to not have the buffs.
    You can still log in and do stuff in between events.
    It should not be news that the servers are turned on every day.
    Get the buffs. Run the GP.

Summer event is coming up. Guess what the strategy is. Take a guess. Take a gueeeeeeeeees.

Gunpowder 12 22 Soccer balls
    Tomb Raiders 20 32

TR 1r YGG attacks to approach the leader.
    Nusala, Tremble, Cloaked to remove leader.
    10 S cost at most.
    OBS + Vortex.
    YGG and cloaked arrive within minutes.
    Alternate with hosts to run both of your adv slots. This keeps you busy and offers minimal downtime to maintain island and operate your geos while performing your quest book routine.
    Supplement in some instant GP for a near 1:1 SB payout. Enjoy some instant runs, and resupply your fertilizer stack.

We see comparing Easter to soccer why would we want to spend the same buff cost for 1/5th the payout?

Halloween.

Gunpowder 14 24 Prefill*
    Refill on island can process at a max value of 1:22.
    They should be sold in TO for market value of minimum 1:7.
    But since players still after 4 years of me trying to teach this basic concept.
    Cannot understand item and undersell at 1:3.5 or less.
    Still this means your 14 24 base.
    Are 1.5X via prem. (21~36)*3=72~108 p value per GP.
    This is nearly the same that of Easter, thus a fair value.
    If Market value were 1:7 where it should be, each GP would produce 144~216 pumpkin value per 3 minutes.
    That would just require the majority of the player base actually paying attention and understanding value.

Look to christmas.

Short Treasure Search 2 3
    Medium Treasure Search 4 7

Searches are not getting any better.
    Though, this being our primary source of presents. All merchant costs are toned down to about half of what the price would be in any other event.
    3000 presents does feel about 6000 eggs. When you consider their difficulty to obtain, presents are worth a higher base coin value than an egg would be.
    Adventures do not bring in presents at all.
    So this and this alone is about the only event I would consider using Egg tree buff.

In any case where GP is the primary farming source. Explorers are secondary.
    In any case where TR is the primary farming source. Explorers are secondary.
    How often are explorers my primary source?
    More yes than no, or more no than yes?

Only yes if in event. Which is 50% of the year.
    Start there.
    Then less than half of the events do I consider explorers to be a primary means.

First. I am not attracted by using egg tree buff. All it does. Is double my explorer count for 2 days.
    Yay?
    I understand the unlimited value in this buff. The more explorers you have, the more value this buff gives. You have no limit to explorers.
    Unlimited potential yes.
    But how many minimum explorers fully teched should I own before I feel any value out of spending 300 crystals?
    I cannot justify crystal expense toward event currency gain at a time when I can expend buffs toward GP to the same end.
    What incentive do I have to divert crystals away from excelsior?
    All of your efforts should be toward a gem crawl.
    You want to buy gem bundles and + items via gems. Which are available only through gems.
    You need gems.
    Crystals gives you gems.
    So why spend crystals to get eggs?
    GP gives you eggs. Run GP.
    Why do I care about explorers giving me pumpkins?
    I have cemetery processing @ 1:22 at home for full 4 weeks.
    And because I have more refills than I as a single player can process, I sell my excess in TO for any rate.
    But you don't have to run GP. Most ppl run AE.

Arctic Explosion 32 46 Prefill
    Gunpowder 14 24 Prefill*

So you could run AE in 23-30 minutes.
    Or, complete more than 2 GP in the same time cost. Again outperforming any other map through speed alone.
    Want pumpkins without effort?
    Sell AE maps for profit.
    If AE ls = 48~69Prefill and refill to P are 1:3.5 than AE ls = 168~242 P value
    You may sell AE map in TO for 50%min value. 168/2=84p
    In this.
    Purchase 10 AE map 22kc.
    Sell 2 AE map 168p. User will purchase and gain 2:1 or 4:1 invested. You are taxing a 84P entrance fee.
    This is profitable for both parties.
    Per 5 lots. =840p -22kc
    P sale for 1:1000
    100p for 100kc = +78kc + 740P
    Investment recaptured and all you did was sell 10 maps.
    If you get half the P per map, you move twice as many and cashout P to C 1:1000.

Explorers are pretty irrelevant to the game honestly.
    You might laugh. You might cry. you might not believe me.
    But yeah you can gain 15K+ event resources per day from TO alone.
    With master level trading you can do it in a way where you do not spend any coin.

Explorers inherently are limited by a time factor.
    All we have to make them perform more actions per day is having PFB active.
    We need more.
    We need a next building to rush our explorers and halve their time!
    This will give us less than -%50 due to multiplicative stacking.
    GP are not limited by time, they are limited by cost and player activity more so.
    TO is not limited by time. This is bottlenecked by skillful posting and player activity.
    Both of these means far outperform production per hour than explorers could ever hope to match.

It comes down to explorers operating over hours. And requiring a 2 day play period to see any affect of their actions.
    Where my TO or GP actions return value within minutes and may be repeated without end.
    I have 1500+ ROA.
    There is no excuse. You just need to do more.
    Do more.
    Play the GP.
    Do more.

When I once a year callout, hey. do DB. I mean it. Do DB NOW. Not later. Do the DB.

Explorers not only are not capable of performing as well as these other tactics. But let's pretend that egg tree buff did matter.
    Let's pretend that doubled return for 2 days did make an impact.
    Let's pretend their values impacted you purchasing the merchant or not.
    300 crystals is completely unjustifiable.

We have a few things to consider around this.
    Crystals are worth gems.
    However since this must be done through randomized excelsior payout we have no control or true understanding of how many gems a stack of crystals are worth.
    By my best estimation.
    We can expect 30~50% of crystals spent to convert to a letter snippet.
    Requiring 3 snippets per 50 gems.
    We can estimate 9 crystals=50 gems.
    reduced. 1:5.55
    If true. 300 crystals =1665gems equivalence to activate egg tree.
    That's a pretty considerable cost just to get event resources out of it.
    Wouldn't those gems be put to better use getting event bundles or other items?
    By having a gem purchase museum I can activate that more often.
    Using that more often means I can farm GB copper more often.
    Doing so pays me in crystals, buffs, and arrows which fund the GP, which funds event resources.
    Don't you want to spend gems in the anniversary event?
    It is a gem only merchant.
    https://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/eve...2022-merchant/

"
    Diligent Geologist (max 1) Needs 6 times as long for most searches, but has a chance to find two great treasure along the way.
    Found deposits are 50% bigger for most searches. 1.599

Oil Refinery (max 2) Allows you to combine oil and resources, to gain more oil. 10.999

Roman Fisherman (max 3) Catches 7 fish from deposits every 2.4 minutes. 5.999

"

What won't you need in anniversary event? Egg tree buff to help you find more candles.
    Within the event itself you can see that crystals are the primary reward.
    https://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/eve...ry-event-2022/
    Of course they are.
    We know crystals = gems.
    Okay.

Now let's take a quick look at fallen shard.
    you want me to spend 10k gems.
    So I can get 5000 shards over 2/3 a year.
    Which is 500 crystals.
    potential 2775 gem value once processed. But okay.
    Can't buff the fallen shard output or anything but okay.
    Oh, but I have to spend 300 crystals to activate egg tree to double my explorers. Okay.
    Oh, and if I have 3 egg trees I can activate this twice per event. Or 600 crystals per event.
    Okay.
    So hold on.
    I have to.. spend gems to get crystals so I can spend crystals to get gems so i can get crystals so I can spend on egg tree. so I can...
    I don't.. what is going on here?

Clearly you give us a method to turn 10k gems into shards to make crystals.
    Why?
    Oh. We see it's egg tree.
    Right.
    But now we need more crystals.
    You are basically forcing us to spend gems on egg tree per activation.
    If crystals could be gems, they are gems. But egg tree is converting crystals into event currency of that event at the time.
    This is pretty much the opposite of what I would want.

I would prefer to be able to spend my excess event resources to make crystals.
    Oh wait! I already do this.
    In selling 100 eggs for 100kc.
    I can then purchase 6kc oilseed for 70kc.
    Turning 1500 oilseed to 10 shards to 1 crystal.
    In this.
    70eggs=4 crystals to my pile.
    300/4=75*70=5250.
    Yeah, I am ready and willing to spend 5k eggs or 5M coin to make 300 crystals.
    That's just the cost of operation. That is the cost of getting the oilseed.
    So if it costs me 5k eggs to get 300 crystals, and 300 crystals to proc egg tree.
    Does egg tree net me >5250? No. Hard no.
    We are better to convert this value into excelsior for gems and cash out to anything we want.
    Even if that means converting egg to coin or commodity to be sold in future events.
    There is absolutely no reason to be spending crystals in this current format.

I understand population being a newly introduced cost. I like it.
    I understand crystals being introduced as a cost. I get it, I do.
    I'm fine with it truly.
    But not at a 300 cost. And not in our current means of lacking crystal production.
    if DB is going to be my oilseed farm. It needs to appear in *3 loot more often. And we need a means to produce WPP.

As it stands GB is the most efective in game farm. He gets you all the top end items you need.
    Giving us museum is a direct buff to what GB provides.
    And this is in the same event where we have candy factory.
    Directly we have GB support. That's great!
    He gets us GP supplies and crystal supplies.
    But is it enough?
    Diligent helps in the same means. But a 1h40m search on marble. Is it enough?

We need crystal support. Straight up.
    If you want the 300 crystal cost to stand and offer any value. We need more crystals.
    My suggestion would be to have another form of ghost lantern themed to another event.
    Getting + ghost lantern every year helps out big time.
    Having multiple scaredy, helps big time.
    We need a "lantern" themed for soccer event.
    We have CL for anniversary, that pays out daily and may give recycler of small river. Cool.
    But we need something that includes crystals in multiple lots. Give us +2 +5 +10 as drops among loot table that includes all the GP buffs we use.
    And make sure the table includes population related buffs because that at least makes sense as dud prizes.
    We would also benefit from having a means to produce Assassin or WPP at home through recipe.
    Doing so would allow us to afford DB runs more so.
    With a justified cost, we could run this during *2 loot payouts and use this as a means to farm oilseed.
    That would help to supplement crystal acquisition.

I would also introduce an explorer which is specific to finding crystals.
    Release his during anniversary and this event is crystal and gem themed.
    Already we have EXp focused on token or specific buff tables.
    We need an EXP that gives you crystals on % chance on any search.
    Doing so would be our favorite explorer by far!
    I would argue that giving him hyper fast search time with chance to find crystals would bring direct value to egg tree as well.
    I could then argue while I am using egg tree, I am using this new explorer with high focus so that he is at least trying to find some crystals to compensate the high cost I just put down.
    If I have to spend 300 crystals to use a buff. It would at least help if one of my explorers would bring back 5 crystals in that 2 day period.
    His existence would let me know that next year when I own 2 of him, I have a better cost reduction.
    If I spend gems to buy additional of this EXP, I endure additional cost reduction.
    This will help to balance and justify egg tree as we expand our explorer count and versatility.
    If I get 3 egg trees I can activate it twice per event, or 600 crystals.
    How many trees before I can proc it 3 times?
    That would be too many years away.
    But I do have the inkling that other tree types will pool to this CD and bring it down.
    That's nice.
    Can these other trees come with a separate activation cost?
    If not. Then maybe by a year or two in I could activate and spend 900 crystals within 1 month.
    Who could, or would do this?
    Even if you could. Would you? To double base explorer loot?
    We have to consider the games current recipes which include crystals.

CA= 1 crystal cost.
    Okay.
    What about if something new comes out that you want to spend crystals on?

We need more crystals. Straight up.

Museum 3rd buff also makes no sense. But I'll just call that decorative and accept that it is just there for filler and not meant to be used.
    We have so many alternative means to produce weapons at high output. And our current META doesn't even expend army units.
    500 manus.
    Huh?
    154000 simple paper 124000 nibs 20000 beans per 200 manus in RPH.
    So you want 2.5X that cost for.. weapon smiths to operate at .75 time.
    Okay. Even if they did. That means they will fit more tics per time period. But cost is still 1:1 norm.
    So you are only upping your expense for 48 hours by introducing a 5'th tic in what would be 4.
    I am not concerned with bringing this production time closer.
    I am more concerned with keeping my weapon smiths beneath my LT and activating only under 1:22 output.
    This is important for conservation of high level resources used on top tier weapons.
    With love tree and concert hall I have more than enough weapons.

I appreciate the existence and experimentation of time buffs.
    I need you to make that operate properly so we have have a zone buff which cuts the mason operation time in half.
    This would allow us to pair + to deposits withdrawal with the + to deposit size of museum to balance out. Letting us benefit of the time reduction and let us properly clear depos at a rate where we can stream the GBs out.
    As it stands. Use of Snow globe, blacktree pollen, sugar rush, and morale are a help.
    A start.
    But let me stack it.
    Let me apply all these individual buffs to the work yards themselves. Then give me a new building where I can proc a zone buff to cut mason time in half for 2 days.
    Not everyone has 300 stone masons like I do.
    Mid level players will need some assistance running GB at his full potential.

The only 2 items to take notice of this event are the egg tree and museum.
    Museum matters now and supports GB.
    We can only hope that egg tree will matter.

Everything else from this event. Fine. Fair.
    One of the quests was bugged or not clear. In needing to create population.. whatever that was.
    Overall easter is the easiest event of the year.
    you know some people don't care to min/max that way - I got everything I wanted and more than I didn't need at all and I barely did any adventures

When we get more land then I might care about getting more buildings (even though I have 10 or more of a lot of production buildings just sitting in star now) but up to then it just isn't worth the time to grind stuff once you have a lot of explorers. I have plenty of other things I can do other than playing this game.

Also I have almost 10k crystals - how can you be short on crystals? We really don't need another source since we have a few ways to earn them already.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for the event. Can't wait for next one.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Once again a nice event, thank you

-I enjoyed the improved calendar, recent events the calendar has been a disappointment when the last day was not a reward, the prem day was nice.
    -Gift mails are always a nice surprise, those are well thought out.
    -Shop had a nice mixer for the different player levels.
    -The art museum is a nice concept,however, 500 manuscripts is steep for the 25% decrease in production time. The players who would need the decreased time would tend to be newer players who would be priced out by the cost. The more seasoned players have enough buffs/zone buffs to accomplish the same effect at a reduced price.
    =The same concern with the egg tree, for newer players who would have fewer explorers, hence could see the most impact from the increased loot, the cost would be prohibitive. The players who who have the resouces to afford the buff are those with more explorers leading to larger returns leading to more event goods in circulation, leading to event price inflation that hurt the newer players the most.
    -For future events, consider having the cost for the building with the very high cost to active be a sliding scale based on the player level.
    -Rewards from adventures appeared to be well balanced for all player levels.
    -Consider reviewing the cost for the day 16 onward buff cost. The cost for those without elite troops leads to fewer completion on those who the eggs have the greatest impact.
    -The explorer process was greatly improved, that is a very welcome improvement.

I always enjoy these events, it is great to see the increased activity and cooperation. Thank you

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie_the_cat View Post
    Once again a nice event, thank you

-I enjoyed the improved calendar, recent events the calendar has been a disappointment when the last day was not a reward, the prem day was nice.
    -Gift mails are always a nice surprise, those are well thought out.
    -Shop had a nice mixer for the different player levels.
    -The art museum is a nice concept,however, 500 manuscripts is steep for the 25% decrease in production time. The players who would need the decreased time would tend to be newer players who would be priced out by the cost. The more seasoned players have enough buffs/zone buffs to accomplish the same effect at a reduced price.
    =The same concern with the egg tree, for newer players who would have fewer explorers, hence could see the most impact from the increased loot, the cost would be prohibitive. The players who who have the resouces to afford the buff are those with more explorers leading to larger returns leading to more event goods in circulation, leading to event price inflation that hurt the newer players the most.
    -For future events, consider having the cost for the building with the very high cost to active be a sliding scale based on the player level.
    -Rewards from adventures appeared to be well balanced for all player levels.
    -Consider reviewing the cost for the day 16 onward buff cost. The cost for those without elite troops leads to fewer completion on those who the eggs have the greatest impact.
    -The explorer process was greatly improved, that is a very welcome improvement.

I always enjoy these events, it is great to see the increased activity and cooperation. Thank you
    newer players aren't going to be buying these art museum/egg tree buildings because they will have other more important things to buy so although your idea sounds nice it is doubtful it will really benefit new players at all. It could benefit the players that are not really leveling up, i.e in the 60s for years but then those can easy afford the costs as well as max level players because it is a time played thing.

I didn't even bother with the art museum because there was so little value in my opinion. I have other buildings/ buffs/geologists that will provide more than I need of those resources anyway.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    And I thought 300 crystals was bad. I didn't even look at the art museum, but 500 manuscripts is crazy.

World
    Zeus
    Overall the Easter 2023 Event was good. Specific points (do note that these are IMHO):

• Easter Egg Tree - Like many new buffs made available to players in recent times, humongous resource costs are required. Not large, humongous. This may not be too much for the veteran players, but you are literally driving the noob players into extinction.
    • Art Museum - LM**O!!! Are you serious??? The first 2 buffs are okay, and moderate costs associated, but the level 3 buff, 'Art of War Exhibit' has an associated cost including 500 Manuscripts!!!!??? The buff is mediocre at best with a 25% production time reduction at best... it does not stack... That is absurd. TBH, I wish I investigated prior to upgrading the building to 3, I'd have saved the Eggs for other things, complete waste. There is no way that buff would ever be worth initiating. Oh, and as mentioned on the Egg Tree, the cost associated with this lvl3 buff is not possible except for very veteran players. lol Even I could only afford to engage that buff 4 times and be exhausted of Manuscripts...
    • Miraculous General - Essentially an extension of Bug post (https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...-(Easter-2022)). This General used to have Slow Travel and Combat times. I am suggesting/requesting that BB reverses the undocumented changes made to this general (and the others also crippled by this). We (the players/users) buy and use these Specialists for the abilities offered, skill and use them accordingly. This game (TSO) is a strategy game that allows players to have a menagerie of available tools and use them to OUR will according to our needs and wants; if BB is going to nerf and unify every specialist so that they are the same and uniform, what is the purpose of these units? They lose any individuality or special use. Please return the original stats and let US play the game the way we want. Thank you.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread