Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: can't get into the game

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

can't get into the game

I opened the browser console and error jumped out.
    EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
    at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

this happens for more than a day.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    this game is just terrible since the easter update - every single time I have to refresh I can't get into it again. Plus I normally play this game with other tabs open on chrome - I can't do that anymore because when I come back Settlers has frozen and I have to refresh (and struggle to get back in).

Just had it happen again and it took me restarting my pc and switching from chrome to edge and when I did I got an general error first and then was able to log in.

World
    Zeus
    Chrome made an update that inactivates background tabs to free up memory.
    Go to Chrome's settings/performance to exclude the game's tab from gettng stopped.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    there are several errors happening in google chrome. I have tried other browsers (ms Edge, firefox) they have errors also.
    Clearing cookies, dns, history, deleting database has not effect on loading.

Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by PandoraTaylor View Post
    there are several errors happening in google chrome. I have tried other browsers (ms Edge, firefox) they have errors also.
    Clearing cookies, dns, history, deleting database has not effect on loading.
    Could you please take a picture/screenshot of the errors and tell me when it happens (while loading/visiting a friend, etc)?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by map42 View Post
    Chrome made an update that inactivates background tabs to free up memory.
    Go to Chrome's settings/performance to exclude the game's tab from gettng stopped.
    oh so that's what it was - I just switched to firefox and it works fine

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Didn't have a lot of time to play this weekend, so I tried to pop in a few times on Saturday and Sunday, but both times it just wouldn't load. Left Chrome on the TSO login screen and came back much later to 90% still... Cost me 2 days worth of logins.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Also, after talking with my guild, throughout the event, folks have had 30 mins up to like 2 days of failures logging in. ShuttlePilot, Otuwek, & Frii also said it happened to them

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Exclamation

I can confirm the game has been intermittently failing to load in Edge, Chrome, Opera and Vivaldi for about 2 months now. It seems like it started occurring after the "performance" updates. It's happening to everyone I've talked to, some more than others, but the game usually gets stuck loading at about 90% right after refreshing or reloading the game tab. First time logins usually work, but when you need to reload due the game's other performance problems like lag from buffing friend's islands or like the game completely freezing up when collecting too much loot mail, which seems to be around 100 to 200 mails, then the game will very likely fail to load at about 90% upon refresh. Clearing the browser cache and game caches does not resolve the issue except by chance, since players must continue reloading the game a random number of times somewhere between 2 to 20 times regardless of clearing the caches for the game to finally complete loading without freezing up at about 90% loaded.

Stuck loading:

The Server Zone Crash entirely preventing login happened at the beginning of the Soccer event, lasted for a couple of days and seems to be resolved, but the stuck loading screen has been troubling players for months now.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    And here we go again, just like when an event is going
    https://prnt.sc/YqVpoz2FAVjX

different browser, same results
    https://prnt.sc/skAp8DrkVkcX

And yes I cleared cache, unity cache, cookies and logged out for half hour.
    Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of others.

Closed Thread