Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 25/01/24

World
    Zeus
    A compilation of thoughts about inconsistencies and mysteries (also see Bug Reports), in no particular order:

1) The 'lubricant' buff is great, but only appears to be available for the Fallen Star Mining chain. Suggestion is to make 'lube' generic, so if I make/use it for any level SCRAPPER, it works on all. If this quest cycle is going to be here all the time, the lube buff should just be there in the Forerunner (FR) ship or PH/RPH to make at any time, not limited to a single quest. Make it tradable, and usable on a friend's island!

EDIT: RE: Lubricant Buff -- since the quest has 'make' and 'use' tasks together, you must make 10, even if you have some in storage. You can place the first 5 on the mines, use a Stop buff, then place the next five on the mines, to speed up the quest. Do try to make extras -- this buff takes out shards twice as fast, and gives you 3 for every 2 taken out. You get more shards overall, and can use the lube buffs to shorten the mining time to coincide more with the quest timer (36 hours not 50ish).

2) Things come and go from the FR ship. When they're gone, I can't remember where I made them, so the next time the quest comes up, I'm hunting through PH, RPH and FR to find them. Suggestion is to display -- but disable -- items that aren't relevant to the current quest, with text saying 'This is needed for 'XYZ' quest' to give guidance and context. Keep the tab and items in PH/RPH too, so I can refer to those to figure out what I'm being asked to do. You seem to have done a lot of coding to show/hide things that would be better left in place.

3) Some items I produce (parts from FR?) don't appear anywhere, so I don't know if I've already produced them, they're hanging somewhere, or they disappeared. Suggestion is to send everything that's made in FR into the STAR, simply as BUFFS, not MISC.

4) We have seen that if we produce extra hull/sail/gas 'parts' while trying to plan for future quests, and we produce 'too much', we cannot produce more to complete the quests. No clue what this number is...it appears we can produce as many as we want and waste resources for nothing. We do this to save ourselves some of the limited time we have to actually play the game. We've found that selling the parts (from STAR?) in FR for gold coins may resolve this. There is nothing that tells us how many parts we can produce, where the 'good' ones are stored, how to use the 'good' ones or get rid of the 'bad' ones in STAR by selling or deleting them. Players have expressed frustration at the convoluted and mysterious way this operates. Suggestion is to have this work as everything else in the game works (although that's inconsistent at times): display all the Starfall items in Mayor's house or STAR/BUFFS or in FR (add a permanent SUPPLIES tab there?), allow movement from STAR to FR or Mayor's house, use extras for gold coins from regular storage. Above all, take the mystery out of this and display ALL the Starfall items consistently.

EDIT: RE: items in ship -- it appears that things you must make to place on the ship (hulls/sails/gas) have to be made in PH. Things that the are used to find, collect or mine shards are made in the Forerunner ship. Do NOT make more than requested (except lubricant). The hulls/sails/gas numbers can be seen if you scroll over the numbers in the 'Sell surplus parts' option. If you've made more than you needed, make just enough extra so you can sell off the oddball amounts and keep these numbers at zero.

5) I received five Mystery Boxes that had shards on the graphics. The first time, I opened all five, and got 550 shards. Others got 500 and 600...OK, good...random returns. No clue where/why we got those boxes -- nothing indicated them as a reward. It was just by chance that I looked at the STAR/MISC tab and saw them. The second time I got five of these boxes, I opened one for 100 shards, then checked STAR to see if they had been stored there or in the storehouse (see #4 above). When I went back to open the remaining four boxes, they were gone. POOF!!! Others have reported the same disappearance of boxes/shards.

EDIT: RE: mystery shard boxes -- still cannot pinpoint what's going on here. I've seen 2 different graphics for these boxes: today (27-FEB-24) there were 3x 'Hard Debris' boxes and 1x (?) another box. I opened one of the 'Hard Debris' boxes, and all of the others disappeared.

6) It appears the various quests behave inconsistently for different player levels. EX: At level 63, I got green 'mines', then blue, then blue again. I levelled up to 64, and the next quest gave me purple mines. So it appears the level/color of the mines and SCRAPPER graphics is tied to the quest and SCRAPPER level, until you hit the (somewhat arbitrary) player tier, where it will change. It does not appear that the changing colors provide any more shards, better shards, faster mining times. It's just inconsistent color, not giving clues to any difference in the mines, so why bother? Make them random colors at all player/mine/ship levels for a bit of entertainment, and be done with it. Again, lots of effort to code complex dependencies that serve no purpose.

7) After completing Fallen Star Mining, my quest chain randomly sorted, and repeated Fallen Star Mining, without letting me go through the last chain (Rooting Out the Problem). Others were given the other two earlier chains...I have not heard of anyone receiving the last quest chain. Other major quest chains in this game have the user complete everything in the series, provide a big reward, THEN start over at the beginning, or cycle in some way. Suggestion is to follow established game patterns and only start cycling quest chains AFTER the user has completed ALL of them. It is frustrating that we are not able to 'finish' all the chains, especially believing there is some big reward at the end, that now appears unattainable if it even exists. Suggestion is to make the big reward a new Forerunner ship that is movable, upgradable to allow more shard storage, or more/better buffs, replaces the initial Forerunner, and is upgraded by repeating the quest chain. Of course, after a few iterations, give elite resources over and over on a scale that makes it worthwhile for higher level players to keep repeating it.

EDIT: RE: 'Rooting' quest chain -- after completing 12-15 of the three quest chains, I have still not seen the last 'Rooting' one. What are the conditions under which that quest chain is included in the random sort?

8) Some of these quests take too long. We have been led to believe that there is a time limit for the quests, after which something will reset...another mystery. An hour to make one item for a quest often means a player can only complete one little part of the chain per day if their playing time is limited, as it appears we cannot 'make ahead' to save time. A day and a half or more, to wait to complete the 'mining' quests is just too much. Suggestion is to remove that timer, and divide that quest into tiers in separate quests, like Achievements: 'Gather [10, 100, 500, ALL] shards', so the player sees some progress. Again, allowing the lubricant buff to be applied for any of the quest chains is absolutely necessary -- the inconsistency there is frustrating when players have limited time in game, and see no progress.

EDIT: RE: time limits -- we have come up with work-arounds for the 'gather/produce' quests: 1) drop from Star menu to storage; 2) send round trades (ie: 200 adv paper for 200 adv tools and vice versa); 3) send one-way trades to an inactive player that will be declined after a few hours. This last method is to prepare for the next occurance of a particular subquest. If the gather/produce quests can be completed relatively quickly using any of these three methods, the 1.5 day timer and 50ish hours for mining shards becomes a background task.

9) We're guessing (where is this explained?) that the end goal for Starfall quests is to accumulate the shards, then spend them in FR to buy 'discoveries' or 'breakthroughs'. The limits on storage for shards forces the purchase of the 'compendiums'. (Where do shards go when I reach the limit?) It also seems as if the XP rewards can be significant. I have purchased two 'discoveries' boxes, and did receive almost 4M XP each time. Others have purchased the same boxes, and received ZERO XP. It's hard to know -- it appears the XP gets added to our personal total as soon as the box is opened, not after we check it to accept, so it's often difficult to tell if any XP was added. We don't know if the XP is guaranteed in the boxes, or random. If random, I doubt many players will continue with this quest chain to receive a few hundred XP, stones, marble and books. Most players have access to plenty of stones/marble. The items that have to be produced use resources that are not plentiful. Suggestion is to make SURE every box includes the expected XP, and display the XP in the box with the player's level to indicate THAT is what determines the XP amount. Only add the XP to the player's total AFTER they check the box. Stones and marble provide no incentive to spend the required resources. Change those in the boxes to steel, advanced paper, nibs and advanced tools, to replace what was spent making items for the quests.

EDIT: RE: XP from boxes -- confirmed - XP from Compendium...Discoveries boxes zips right up to the total when the box is first opened. Other items go into storage once the final green check mark is clicked.

10) Half of the available reward tiers provide a chance to get skins. IMO -- spending hard-earned shards to buy more skins is pointless. Why this fixation on creating useless, expensive decorations and skins (from a different game?) in lieu of the often-requested new building space and interesting/challenging adventures? Especially when skins are known to have deleted high-level buildings, and often cost event resources or gems. Baffled at the whole skins thing...they're just a distraction now, often ignored. All skins could disappear from future offers, and I doubt there would be any objections.
    Last edited by Pepper1009; 02-27-24 at 10:55 am. Reason: Add info

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Storage limit of shards

For some reason, even though my storage is about 1 million, I can only store 3000 shards (I didn't know there was a limit) so overnight while I was sleeping the storage was maxed out and my SCRAPPERS stopped mining for hours - now i only have 22 hours left in the quest clock but over 100 shards to mine so there will not be enough time. So it becomes a waste of time and resources, to fail right at the end of the quest.

Please raise the storage limit so this doesn't happen.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenGaleria View Post
    For some reason, even though my storage is about 1 million, I can only store 3000 shards (I didn't know there was a limit) so overnight while I was sleeping the storage was maxed out and my SCRAPPERS stopped mining for hours - now i only have 22 hours left in the quest clock but over 100 shards to mine so there will not be enough time. So it becomes a waste of time and resources, to fail right at the end of the quest.

Please raise the storage limit so this doesn't happen.
    Good info! My storage limit was raised (2k, 3k, 4k) at (maybe) upgrade of the Forerunner. Doesn't appear that this will go over 4k now. This answers my question about 'where do shards go when they reach the limit?' !!! NOWHERE! Also answers the question 'will there be enough time to finish before the doom clock runs out?' IT DEPENDS! So the game does force purchase of 'Compendium' boxes. Time will tell how long we can hold those boxes in Star/Misc, in case we want to control when/how we level up before or during events.

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Exclamation level 80 and quest rewards

For level 80 from my understanding quests return 151.000 xp for players that are NOT level 80 (70 to 79).
    Should the starcoin return be 151? 1 starcoin per 1.000 xp? since right now we only receive 2 for the resource used.

It really feels like dumping resource into a blackhole that really does not reward much but a tiny chance to permanent skin?

Is this really the reward for players at level 80? dumping resources and time for a tiny chance at skin?

It really does not seems like a great return if the starcoins reward would at least be the 1 to 1000 it would be acceptable but currently it really feel like throwing resources out the window.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Looks like the event ended - failed to complete it due to login issues with Chrome, switched to Firefox to fix it after several days of waiting for tech support. Would of been nice to know when the event was supposed to end - didn't seem to be worth doing the event, given the lack of rewards.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckar View Post
    Looks like the event ended - failed to complete it due to login issues with Chrome, switched to Firefox to fix it after several days of waiting for tech support. Would of been nice to know when the event was supposed to end - didn't seem to be worth doing the event, given the lack of rewards.
    OK - NVM, I guess the event is still going, just failed one quest.

World
    Zeus

Connection failed ??

I had no issues earlier today but 9:30pm i sign in and it says "Connection Failed" with a pick ax and shovel

World
    Ares

Can't Get In

Right now at 4:20pm (not related to cannabis-related anything) Pacific Time, I can't get into the game. Tried two different methods, and nada. I can get into the test server.

World
    Ares
    When is maintenance going to be over?

Recruit
    World
    Ares

For the second time my quest failed

while i was sleeping, maybe it just timed out, i thought i had lots of time, whatever, I have no intention of wasting more resources on this so I would like to request a way to delete the quest chain from the quest books -- maybe allow us to delete and repurchase in the merchant for a few fish if we want to start it again
    the red, flashing 'QUEST FAILED' prompt is really annoying to see ALL the time and it takes up a lot of room in the quest book to scroll past on to get to daily/guild quests

or perhaps allow us to permanently shuffle the quests so it can go to the bottom where we don't have to see it?

Reply to Thread